News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

6th edition Tyranids.

Started by Scout Sergeant Mkoll, November 05, 2012, 02:39:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkitek

I totally agree that mines shouldn't give out points. Not unless hunter-killer missiles and seekers start giving points for being blown up, anyway.

6/3 for the flamespurt is a bit much. It's already nicely effective against medium infantry if you shove three pyrovores in a mycetic spore.

If anything I'd make the brood bigger. 1-5, perhaps.

The hive tyrant and tyrranofex's thorax swarms are so totally unrelated to the pyrovore's flamespurt that I have no idea why they'd be able to have them.
"Of course I forgive you. That is your god's function. Your crime is forgiven. However, your stupidity requires a response." - Leto Atreides II, God Emperor of Dune

Arkitek

Quote from: Arkitek on May 23, 2013, 01:58:05 PMShadow in the Warp
Any unit within 12" of a creature with the Shadow in the Warp special rule that attempts to Deny the Witch adds +1 to their roll result, as if that unit contained a Psyker. If a creature with the Shadow in the Warp special rule attempts to Deny the Witch, they add +2 as if they were a Psyker of higher Mastery Level than the caster, regardless of their own Mastery Level.
How about this instead?
"Of course I forgive you. That is your god's function. Your crime is forgiven. However, your stupidity requires a response." - Leto Atreides II, God Emperor of Dune

Arkitek

Sorry for the multiple posts, but there doesn't seem to be a delete function, even for recent posts.

Since the new codices with psykers all seem to have their own discipline table(s) for their psychic powers, it only follows that the Tyranids should have their own as well.

Primaris Power: Warp Blast (Warp charge 1)
Warp blast is a witchfire power with the following profile:

Range
Strength
AP
Type
Warp Blast
24"
Assault 1, Blast

1. Warp Field (Warp charge 1)
Warp field is a blessing that targets the psyker. While this power is in effect, the psyker has a 3+ invulnerable save.

2. Leech Life (Warp Charge 1)
Leech life is a witchfire power with the following profile:

Range
Strength
AP
Type
Leech Life
12"
Assault 4
The psyker recovers a single lost Wound for each unsaved wound inflicted using this power, up to its starting number of Wounds.

3. Paroxysm (Warp charge 1)
Paroxysm is a malediction that targets a single enemy unit within 12". While this power is in effect, the target unit reduces its Weapons Skill and Ballistics Skill to 1, regardless of any other modifiers.

4. Catalyst (Warp charge 1)
Catalyst is a blessing that targets any friendly Termagant Broods, Hormagant Broods, and Ripper Swarm Broods within 12". While this power is active, they have Feel No Pain (5+).

5. Warp Lance (Warp Charge 2)
Warp lance is a beam power with the following profile:

Range
Strength
AP
Type
Warp Lance
18"
Assault 1, Lance

6. Psychic Scream (Warp Charge 2)
Psychic Scream is a nova power with the following profile:

Range
Strength
AP
Type
Psychic Scream
12"
Assault 2D6

Narric

Quote from: Arkitek on June 06, 2013, 02:08:39 PM
Sorry for the multiple posts, but there doesn't seem to be a delete function, even for recent posts.
To my knowledge, there never has been. :P

There is an "Edit Post" button, which you could have used ;)

Don't have much experience with psykers, so can't really comment on these powers.

Chicop76

Quote from: Narric on June 06, 2013, 06:55:35 PM
Quote from: Arkitek on June 06, 2013, 02:08:39 PM
To my knowledge, there never has been. :P

There is an "Edit Post" button, which you could have used ;)

Don't have much experience with psykers, so can't really comment on these powers.

Yeah. You should had edited and have 2 post instead of 3 in a row.

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Quote from: Arkitek on June 06, 2013, 01:30:35 PM
Quote from: Arkitek on May 23, 2013, 01:58:05 PMShadow in the Warp
Any unit within 12" of a creature with the Shadow in the Warp special rule that attempts to Deny the Witch adds +1 to their roll result, as if that unit contained a Psyker. If a creature with the Shadow in the Warp special rule attempts to Deny the Witch, they add +2 as if they were a Psyker of higher Mastery Level than the caster, regardless of their own Mastery Level.
How about this instead?
The problem with a Deny the Witch bonus is that it doesn't stop things like Benedictions, which Shadow should. I like the version I posted up for Shadow.

Also, Tyranid psychic powers have already been posted up in one of my earlier posts.
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http