News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Twinlinking and Gets Hot

Started by The Man They Call Jayne, December 13, 2012, 07:07:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Man They Call Jayne

Im sure this has been covered before, but the Search Deamons seem to be coming up empty.

Twinlinked Plasma Gun fires. Gets Hot.

Now, do I reroll the 1 and it never technically happened, or do I have to make the save and try again?

I cant find anything in the rule book covering it, other than a bit of fluff in the Twinlinked section that says Twinlinking doesn't give you more shots, it just increses your odds to hit, which to me suggests that you ignore the first Gets Hot roll.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Naser Al-Istikhara Cyrus

Yes, it'll ignore the initial gets hot result - exactly like what happens in circumstances with IG as well.

Unless there is any eratta otherwise, I don't see why Daemons should treat it any differently :)
Quote from: Narric on August 15, 2011, 12:09:07 AM
You make it sound like it could be wearing a top-hat and monocle, but for the sole reason it'd have been painted by Gareth that it would still look terrifying........I have to say I agree. XD
Quote from: Greg Mun

Chicop76

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on December 13, 2012, 07:07:29 AM
Im sure this has been covered before, but the Search Deamons seem to be coming up empty.

Twinlinked Plasma Gun fires. Gets Hot.

Now, do I reroll the 1 and it never technically happened, or do I have to make the save and try again?

I cant find anything in the rule book covering it, other than a bit of fluff in the Twinlinked section that says Twinlinking doesn't give you more shots, it just increses your odds to hit, which to me suggests that you ignore the first Gets Hot roll.

Pg. 37 last paragraph of Gets Hot and right before Hammer of Wrath.

Get Hot and Re-Rolls:
"If a model has the ability to re-roll its rolls to hit... BS+6, or twinlinked...a wound is only suffered...hit re-roll is also a 1. "
Pg. 37 second column, second paragragh.