News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Where to find Daemon WD update?

Started by Fhanados, December 27, 2012, 10:14:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fhanados

This title is pretty self explanatory. Where can I find the Daemon WD update?

Essentially, I would like to add some Tzeentch Daemon allies to my Word Bearers for an escalation campaign running next month. I think it would be awesomely fluffy to have a fairly set core of Chaos Marines as my primary detachment and as the game sizes increase, so do the numbers of our Daemonic allies! The problem is that I don't have the most recent White Dwarf magazines with the updates for Daemons. I honestly didn't expect the update to happen and missed out on it!

Is there a legit source for this, or will I have to be dodgy?

Chicop76

Army builder have the update cost included now. I have to find the white dwarf in which the update is in since the update don't have that info. If you want the info however some person with the update can tell you since it is only like 10 pages for both 40k and warhammer. The Zeentch units are the only worth while ones anyway.

Narric

The most legit source, would be going to the GW site, open the "Gaming" tab, and click on the Errata and FAQ articles box. click on the "Shrine of Knowledge" article, and go to page 2, "Warhammer 40k FAQ, Errata and Amendments"

You should be able to find the most recent update to both Chaos Marines and Chaos Daemons there.

Chicop76

Quote from: Narric of 4th Sphere on December 27, 2012, 10:37:58 PM
The most legit source, would be going to the GW site, open the "Gaming" tab, and click on the Errata and FAQ articles box. click on the "Shrine of Knowledge" article, and go to page 2, "Warhammer 40k FAQ, Errata and Amendments"

You should be able to find the most recent update to both Chaos Marines and Chaos Daemons there.

Last I look it wasn't there. The white dwarf link would also be a good source. Looking through my white dwarfs it is issue 391. Make sure you get the plastic covering since the update is not part of the book and is a very flimsy book that comes with the white dwarf.

Darn I actually took time to read the quote a bit better. The updated Daemon units is in the White Dwarf and not in the FAQ. Although the FAQ provides the errata from the White Dwarf.
Narric's resource is useful still if you playing Daemons. The FAQ will clarify some things like The Changeling only working on one unit instead of several models that fire with 24".

The Main book FAQ is also important since it covers winged MCs which you can enter in swoop mode via deep strike and fire upon other flying units with the skyfire rule.