News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

An interesting twist.

Started by The Man They Call Jayne, January 16, 2013, 11:41:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Man They Call Jayne

According to the latest FAQ, Any model with the Mark of Tzeentch AND Equipped with the Scroll of Magnus BECOMES a (presumably LVL1) Psyker.

So:

Chaos Lord
Sigil Of Corruption
Mark of Tzeentch
Scroll of Magnus
Burning Brand of Skalathrax
Spell Familiar (optional)

Comes to (if my memory serves me well) 170 points. (185 with SF)

This gives you a Lord who has a 3++ save against the hit caused by the Scroll, a vast variety of powers, a devestating ranged weapon, and, if you wanted to spend a little more, near immunity to Perils of the Warp, although with only 1 spell a turn being cast, the risk is low. I suppose you could stick him on a Bike aswell so the Scroll needs 6s to wound him, bring the cost up to 190 without a SF.

Thoughts on this interesting turn of events? I quite like it myself.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

crisis_vyper

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on January 16, 2013, 11:41:02 PM
According to the latest FAQ, Any model with the Mark of Tzeentch AND Equipped with the Scroll of Magnus BECOMES a (presumably LVL1) Psyker.

So:

Chaos Lord
Sigil Of Corruption
Mark of Tzeentch
Scroll of Magnus
Burning Brand of Skalathrax
Spell Familiar (optional)

Comes to (if my memory serves me well) 170 points. (185 with SF)

This gives you a Lord who has a 3++ save against the hit caused by the Scroll, a vast variety of powers, a devestating ranged weapon, and, if you wanted to spend a little more, near immunity to Perils of the Warp, although with only 1 spell a turn being cast, the risk is low. I suppose you could stick him on a Bike aswell so the Scroll needs 6s to wound him, bring the cost up to 190 without a SF.

Thoughts on this interesting turn of events? I quite like it myself.

Well, I was reading that as well, and it is quite interesting that you are essentially equipped with a cheat code on your back, albeit a random one. But a power sword is somewhat.....average. If you ask me I would take a powerfist or power axe on one arm and a powersword on another just so that I am equipped to kill anything in my path.