News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

The Heldrake issue.

Started by The Man They Call Jayne, January 28, 2013, 11:17:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Man They Call Jayne

The Heldrake is a powerful, fast, effective unite able to engage mulitiple target types at many ranges for a very good points cost. As a flyer it is one of the most effective units in the chaos arsenal and 2 of them on the field is a force to be reckoned with.

However, no Tactica or FAQ I have ever seen has addressed the main problem the Heldrake has.

How in hell do you store the damn things?! They are big, spikey dragons that take up a huge amount of space and short of having some foam made specifically for them, you are unlikely to have space in your case for them.

Any suggestions? Frankly the storage issue is the only thing stopping me from getting one.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

crisis_vyper

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on January 28, 2013, 11:17:02 PM
The Heldrake is a powerful, fast, effective unite able to engage mulitiple target types at many ranges for a very good points cost. As a flyer it is one of the most effective units in the chaos arsenal and 2 of them on the field is a force to be reckoned with.

However, no Tactica or FAQ I have ever seen has addressed the main problem the Heldrake has.

How in hell do you store the damn things?! They are big, spikey dragons that take up a huge amount of space and short of having some foam made specifically for them, you are unlikely to have space in your case for them.

Any suggestions? Frankly the storage issue is the only thing stopping me from getting one.

Magnets. When you want to store them split them up to appropriate parts and be happy. In most cases, it is the wings that will be magnetized.

Chicop76

Quote from: crisis_vyper on January 29, 2013, 02:20:39 AM
Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on January 28, 2013, 11:17:02 PM

Magnets. When you want to store them split them up to appropriate parts and be happy. In most cases, it is the wings that will be magnetized.

With my dreadknight I magnitized all my joints and it stores rather easily.

With my vendetta I didn't magnitize, but I can take off the wings and the top part which makes storage easier.

So if it can hold togther like a Vendetta I would do the same with the drake. Otherwise I would go with magnets.

Narric

I don't think you need to go as far as Magnetizing. I reckon with some clever cutting, you can m,ake the wings slotable.

However, I've yet to purchase the kit, so can't say how easy that would be.

The Man They Call Jayne

I havnt seen one up close either. I would prefer to have them be slottable that faff about with magnets.

Chicop76

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on January 29, 2013, 11:38:15 AM
I havnt seen one up close either. I would prefer to have them be slottable that faff about with magnets.

If it is big enough you can use it as a carry case lol.

The Man They Call Jayne

Will's on Fire

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on January 29, 2013, 12:49:26 PM
It's a Heldrake not a Manta :P

Just carry it in your hand to wherever you need it to be, making flying noises all the way. :P

- Will

Railgun Convention

It's a doctor, not an actor! [/star trek reference]

But yeah. Use an awful lot of bluetack?
So how many crashes have I survived now?

Narric

Quote from: Chicop76 on January 29, 2013, 12:41:40 PM

:facepalm001:

Jayne, ignore that comment.

I've seen one up close, and the Heldrake is roughly the same size as a Dreadknight imo, just spread in a different axis :P

Looking at the pic on GW and knowing how big it is, I reckon with some proper modeling it could sit on a single foam layer in a regular carry case.

Chicop76

Quote from: Narric of 4th Sphere on January 29, 2013, 02:50:59 PM
Quote from: Chicop76 on January 29, 2013, 12:41:40 PM

:facepalm001:

Jayne, ignore that comment.

I've seen one up close, and the Heldrake is roughly the same size as a Dreadknight imo, just spread in a different axis :P

Looking at the pic on GW and knowing how big it is, I reckon with some proper modeling it could sit on a single foam layer in a regular carry case.

Hey I use my Vendetta to carry models inside. You can talk to Ant Man and he can use Pym Particles to shrink your Helldrake to epic size and than enlarge it when needed. I doubt he would sell the technology to you, but he seems nice enough.that he will perform shrinking and enlargement services for free to you.

Lord Sotek

...Chicop, are you baked or something?
Quote from: Saulus on March 17, 2011, 06:16:56 PM
Often I hear delusional ramble like "I painted and collected my army as ultramarine tyranid hunters....but Pedro is really good, so now I'm using him, but I'm just going to call him Jimbob-Fistpumper, cause that fits with my

crisis_vyper

Quote from: Will Vas Fire on January 29, 2013, 02:11:29 PM

Just carry it in your hand to wherever you need it to be, making flying noises all the way. :P

- Will

I was about to say that since the Heldrake have pointy claws, you could just let it latch on to you as you enter into the store and once you want to game with them you take them off you like how they would do so in the fluff. :P

Chicop76

Quote from: crisis_vyper on January 30, 2013, 12:16:01 AM

- Will

I was about to say that since the Heldrake have pointy claws, you could just let it latch on to you as you enter into the store and once you want to game with them you take them off you like how they would do so in the fluff. :P

You can wear it like a neckalace.

Begel Dverl

Quote from: Chicop76 on January 30, 2013, 01:50:07 AM
Quote from: crisis_vyper on January 30, 2013, 12:16:01 AM

- Will

You can wear it like a neckalace.
You can wear a leather glove and make it hang from it like a bat or something. Be a Heldrake-neer.