News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Space Marine, again

Started by Wargamer, January 10, 2013, 09:57:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wargamer

Reviving the discussions of Space Marine, primarily because I have an announcement of some upcoming fun: I've been making skins! The "Supernovas Mod" is currently being finalised with the help of fellow Spherer, Isaac, so I hope to share the awesome soon.

In the meantime... some pics!

I wrote a novel - Dreamscape: The Wanderer.. Available in paperback and pdf.

Quote from: Liberate the Warhammers
People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

Thantos

Thats great  ;D Im loving the beard. Im guessing you are doing this for the PC version? Using a modelling software and texturing in PS?

Wargamer

I have no idea how Isaac does the faces, but everything I do is pretty much in Paint.net with a little bit of Notepad+ for the odd line of code. :P

People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

Thantos

Well its pretty soild texture work :D Never tried paint.net, just shows that freeware can yeild as good results as

Lord Sotek

Quote from: Thantos on January 13, 2013, 08:46:11 AM
Thats great  ;D Im loving the beard. Im guessing you are doing this for the PC version? Using a modelling software and texturing in PS?

Wargamer's been handling the majority of the armor tweaks and recolors, while I've been the one doing the tweaks for the face textures. I use GIMP, which is also freeware. GIMP can't work with the filetypes Space Marine uses natively like paint.net can, but you can download a plugin that lets it do so, and I have more experience with GIMP.

As to the 3d stuff, although its possible to do direct editing and importing of the 3d models, so far this has all been accomplished simply via clever and surprisingly easy shenanigans with file directories, 'tricking' the game into using, say, the Corvus armor parts from multiplayer instead of the default Ultramarines suit.
Quote from: Saulus on March 17, 2011, 06:16:56 PM
Often I hear delusional ramble like "I painted and collected my army as ultramarine tyranid hunters....but Pedro is really good, so now I'm using him, but I'm just going to call him Jimbob-Fistpumper, cause that fits with my

Thantos

Sounds interesting,  its a good effect from just tweaking the diffuse textures. If you need any light 3d editing done, i can probably spare an hour here and there to change existing assets.
Would make a nice change from creating 3D oil rig equipment 8 hours a day -.-

Wargamer

For anyone who'd like a closer look, version 1.0 is here!

http://rapidshare.com/files/2825193242/Supernovas%20Mod%20v1.0.zip

At some point soon(ish) we'll likely have a version 1.1 with a bit of cleaning up.

Chris

Its a nice idea changing the characters skins... I would suggest toning down the read shoulder trim though. that on the first photo is VERY bright in comparison to the rest of the image....
Also, the link you posted is broken...

Wargamer