News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Lost Tau colony fleets?

Started by Charistoph, November 05, 2013, 07:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charistoph

I'm reviewing in my head a storyline, and I would like to get some input from you all regarding the Tau colonizung efforts in the first two Expansions.

I would like to incorporate a Tau colonizing fleet that was caught up in a warp storm and was transported to another region of the galaxy.  They would then attempt to colonize the area where they were instead of going home.

What time frame would this be good in?  Would it be possible to do this before there was much/any contact with Humanity?

As a side note, what's the deal with the Damocles Gulf in terms of navigation and the Ethereals forbidding entrance?
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

Quote from: Megavolt-They called me crazy.  They called me insane!  THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right."

KCKitsune

The WH40K universe is so large and there is so little documented that you can come up with ANYTHING and it'll sound good!

Heck, case in point, I have it so that my Tau army is not really Tau, but human colonists who went out during the Dark Age of Technology, and lost contact with the Imperium during the Warp Storms.  They eventually ran back into the Imperium, but didn't want to join up.  Their homeworld got an Exterminatus dropped on it, but they eventually kicked out the Imperium (the Imperium had bigger fish to fry), and to make up for their smaller numbers went out looking for technology.

The "Free Colonials" as I call them ran into Farsight, and got hired on as mercenaries.  They were eventually trusted enough that they could get close... when the "Free Colonials" promptly backstabbed Farsight and stole a lot of gear, plans, and manufacturing equipment.  They fled back to their home worlds and started building Tau Tech so they could fight an enemy much stronger then them.

------------------------------

I did this because when I first started my Tau army a box of 20 Cadians cost the same (dollar-wise) as 12 fire warriors.  So I went with one box of Cadians to make two 10 man squads.
From the Makers of Lemon Flavored Kitten souls, comes the newest in Taste Sensations... Mutant Evil Sauce(tm)*!

Mutant Evil Sauce is Good(tm) on EVERYTHING

* == Evil Snacks Inc is not responsible for any uncontrolled outbreaks of flesh eating zombies

Charistoph

Oh, I'm not denying the possibilities, I'm just trying to get my head wrapped around a good time frame to start it.  A time of more primitive Pulse weapons and battlesuits would be preferred.

Would a late First Sphere fleet heading towards the Gulf be a good draw, or would having it be early to mid Second Sphere be better for my needs?

And, yes, this is for my Gue'nam Wing project.

Quote from: Megavolt-They called me crazy.  They called me insane!  THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right."

Narric

If you're limiting the Tau stuff you're including to last edition stuff only (so no riptides) then mid-late Second Expansion sounds good. I need to look at your gue'nam wing again btw :P

Charistoph

Quote from: Narric on November 06, 2013, 08:23:03 PM
If you're limiting the Tau stuff you're including to last edition stuff only (so no riptides) then mid-late Second Expansion sounds good. I need to look at your gue'nam wing again btw :P

There will be a riptide analogue, but it's shooting won't be near as good, no Nova Reactor, Imperial weapons, etc.