News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Started by Restayvien, September 01, 2016, 02:48:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Restayvien

Wow, the forum isn't as dead as when I last looked! :)

So who else has been playing this? I've been dipping in and out of it since the beta, and am really enjoying it despite the balance issues. It would be good to get some 2S member games going.

It's inspired me to dig out my Eldar and Necron models, and I've found that my old BFG forum still exists...

Mabbz

I would love to try the game, but I can't afford it at present. Still, it looks amazing, and if I ever get money I will have to give you a game.

Restayvien

I think you can pick it up on cdkeys for about £17, which is probably less than it's going for on Steam (I haven't checked recently).

Icer

I picked it up back in beta, but have hardly touched it because my computer is hooked up to my TV, playing without a desk is hard.
But I like exploding spaceships.

Mundus vult decipi
08:47   Schev   icer, you can't play all your armies >.<
08:47   Zenai   Icer could
08:47   Zenai   He's a Crusade all by himself

Fire-at-will   and Icer/Lord militant general Icer

Mabbz

It's also on sale on steam right now, 40% off. I just grabbed it, I'll try it out and then maybe we can get some games going.

Mabbz

Well I tried to try it out. Unfortunately my Laptop can't handle the graphics even on low, so it lags horribly when I try to play making it difficult to control in single player, let alone multiplayer :P

I'll try installing it on my desktop, but it might be that I can't play it properly until I get a better computer.

Restayvien

Yeah, the requirements are surprisingly high, but the graphics are quite nice. I suspect the backdrop alone eats up a lot of resources. Maybe they should have an option to play on a board or simplified background for low-end machines!

On another note the Tau are to be released soon - I have access to the beta as an early adopter but haven't felt like dipping into a beta where everyone is playing Tau and I've been playing a lot of DoW2 for the past couple of weeks.

Thantos

Will be getting this in a few months when things at work settle down a bit :D I loved the Homeworld games, so 40k style space combat sounds like a big winner to me!
Happy crusading!