News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Endless Chambers - Sign Up & OOC Thread

Started by Narric, December 21, 2012, 01:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narric

You find yourself in a white, markless room, with one door. There is a small crate in the opposite corner. Your try to think of who you are, or should you say, who you were. Everything else is too painful to think about. You hear a noise beyond the walls. Like someone else is waking up. As you stand, you fix memories of who you are into your mind.

You are

The Man They Call Jayne

Are we to assume that the SPECIAL stats affect the same things that Fallout does? And what are the caps on each stat?
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Narric

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on December 21, 2012, 01:46:40 PM
Are we to assume that the SPECIAL stats affect the same things that Fallout does? And what are the caps on each stat?
I think that would be easiest. Caps are ten. I'll add that to the OP.

The Man They Call Jayne

Hmm, ok.

In that case

S - 6
P - 8
E - 6
C - 7
I - 7
A - 8
L - 8

I think thats adds up to 15.

My character is James Adams. A middle aged man who served time in the armed forces as a Longrifleman. He graduated in the top 5% of his class and was known for his exceptional seeming luck when it came to getting shots on target in difficult conditions. He is a cheerful man and always happy to joke about anything. He has seen much in his time and uses humour and sarcasm to cover the depression that rests deep within him. He takes no pleasure in killing, only pride in a job well done.

Narric

I punch those numbers into my calculater, and it makes a happy face. But in all seriousness, here is the info you may/will need.

Carrying weight allowance: 210units
Threat Detection Distance: 11m
Health: 240HP

Now for me to work out some starting gear for you :P

The Man They Call Jayne

What exactly is ment by Threat Detection Distance? The distance at which I realise that a NPC IS going to attack me/us? As opposed to just how far I can detect possible threats. Because I can see people further away than that in real life :P

Narric

Whose says its exclusively through sight you'll "detect a threat?"

The map I'm currently putting together sets the "Cells" you awaken in as being 3x3 meters wide. So I could claim its just something for me, but then, do you know what I'm going to throw at you ^_^

The Man They Call Jayne

Ah I see. So its going to be like The Cube films in terms of setting. Interesting.

Narric

Hmm, not exactly. I'm not sure I'd be able to do that kind of RP.

I kinda want a second person to join. Unless you want to go it solo C:<

The Man They Call Jayne

If nobody else does than i'll give it ago.

Narric

We'll see. is 4.5 hours long enough to wait for people to sign up? :P

Nah, I'll wait a day or two before I start regardless of number of players.

Mabbz

I'm in. I'll give you a name, description and RP post fairly soon, as I'm tempted to use my girlfriend and I need to ask permission ;)

Strength: 5
Perception: 7
Endurance: 7
Charisma: 6
Intelligence: 9
Agility: 7
Luck: 9

Quote from: Narric of 4th Sphere on December 21, 2012, 04:51:10 PM
I punch those numbers into my calculater, and it makes a happy face.
Now I'm concerned you are going to put us through a number of tests, for science.

Narric

Quote from: Mabbz on December 21, 2012, 06:32:59 PM
Now I'm concerned you are going to put us through a number of tests, for science.
Excellent to have you (possibly) aboard.

and whos to say I won't

Mabbz

Quote from: Narric of 4th Sphere on December 21, 2012, 06:51:00 PM
Quote from: Mabbz on December 21, 2012, 06:32:59 PM
Excellent to have you (possibly) aboard.

and whos to say I won't

Mabbz

My girlfriend wouldn't let me use her, but our conversation left me tempted to make a character called David Tiley or Nick Slack...

But all things considered, I going with Catherine Roberts. A teacher. Why take a useful profession, when you can risk the life of a random friend :D? I'll probably tell her about it in a few weeks.