News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Theocratic Heresy Gameplay Thread

Started by InsaneTD, August 25, 2013, 09:50:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Man They Call Jayne

"We cannot pretend to look for a drink and accidentially ask some very specific questions while doing so. The warehouse is the best option. Warehouses get raided all the time by local gangs. We are better trained and armed. Problems may arise, ensue and be overcome. In a bar they may simply vaporize first and not bother with questions."
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

InsaneTD

OOC: Jayne, you don't know you are working for an inquisitor. They are rare in this sector and most people don't know they exist.

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

"People ask questions in a bar all the time. Besides which, we don't know what questions we're supposed to be asking yet, or what to look for in a warehouse. A pub has plenty of idle talk which may produce valuable information. If something sounds interesting, or unusual, we can find out more about that in said bar." replied Jaspar.
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

Mabbz

"I might give us useful information, but it could just as easily give us a ton of red herrings that will simply waste time. I think a warehouse is less likely to send us down an irrelevant path. Also I didn't actually say we should break in, just look at it. If we can watch a delivery or pickup, we might be able to ascertain the purpose of the warehouse. Who knows, they might have an exterior computer panel I can hack to find more information." Nefarian paused for a moment. "I will admit that one reason I do not wish to go to the bar is that it would require... mingling. I am not the most skilled socialite ever. Perhaps I should perform some early reconnaissance on the warehouse - nothing risky, just observing - while you ask questions at the bar."

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

"Yes, because hacking is so much more difficult to detect than a couple of people enjoying a drink and trying to find out about the town they've just arrived in"retorted Jaspar, with a level of sarcasm that even the most inhumane tech priests would have detected.

Mkoll wins.

[img]http

Mabbz

An implant near Nefarian's left ear started beeping, before being shut off by a thought. "Sorry, sarcasm detector," he explained offhandedly. "I am aware that hacking isn't that discreet, but I wouldn't do it if I thought I might get caught. Mostly I just want to see the place to try and figure out what they store, as I said. Hacking is just a potential side benefit."

He turned to Orson. "You've been quiet. Any suggestions?"

InsaneTD

After discussing the matter for another hour, they all agreed to go to the bar, there the techpriest would still be able to use a dataslate that he found next to the media unit to do more research on the warehouse, maybe even trying to get remote access to the warehouse if possible, while being in a place the others could get info. It also meant that if someone did notice his snooping, Neferian would have backup, and not get caught by himself.

They all met at the door of the Hab unit they were in when Neferian held up some keys, "Do any of you know how to drive a groundcar? I found these in a draw of the Media Unit."
"I have some experience with them, assuming it isn't too different from what I was trained to drive." Jaspar responded
"And who exactly trained you to drive a groundcar?" Orson remarked, Jaspar just smiled as he led them to lift, "I wonder where it is parked."

Inside the lift, a small swipe card slot set next to the buttons seemed like a good as place as any to try the keyring attached to the key. Jaspar slid the card down the sensor, causing the doors to close and the lift to descend quickly down the 5 floors and into the basement of the building. When the doors opened they found themselves inside a large carpark, one end had ramps going out the back of the building, while another had a series of heavy security shutters. About two dozen cars, vans and other vehicles set out in neat rows between the two ends. "So Nef, which car is it?" Jaspar quickly asked the techpreist. "The tag has the vehicle as number G-38B-6, which if I'm right, is the black sedan near the ramps." he replied, heading to the car he pointed out. Getting in, Jaspar quickly got accustomed to the layout of the controls. It was pretty standard. He quickly started the car and as the others got settled. Neferian got out the new 'Slate and was quickly absorbed in it as they all headed to the docks.

The bar was a fairly large one, though it was pretty deserted when they all entered, Neferian still absorbed in the dataslate didn't notice that. They quickly found a table that was empty and sat down. An old man soon came over, "I don't normally do table service. It's just been so quiet I can. What can I get you?" After listening to ever ones order he replied, "Not from around here are you boys? What brings you to The Marsh?"

OOC
Neferian has found some info about about the warehouse on the drive to the bar (hours drive for those that care). The Dataslate he has "Found", is more of a full tablet touch-screen PC with full wireless capabilities and well above what is typically available on such a backwater world. And the Owner is going to want it back, don't lose it.

Neferian's findings
The Warehouse has official been abandoned for the better part of a decade though utilities have been back on for the last 2 years. He has also found a basic layout of the warehouse when it was last officially in use, it's a fire evac plan. There is also several security feeds from around the warehouse but he hasn't tried accessing them yet. (-30 to your rolls to access. Each feed requires a separate test, 4 in total. Subterfuge can be used to try and hide your access)

Don't forget that you still don't know you are in the service of an Inquisitor.

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

"What gave us away?" chuckled Jaspar. "We're new in town, new to the system really. So where do you go to find out what's going on and what there is in town?"

"Well there's noticeboards and pict screens" replied the barman.

"True, there are. But they only tell you what's on and where, but you get a much better feel for an area from idle chit chat, and there's nowhere better for that than pubs."

Mkoll wins.

[img]http

InsaneTD

"That's true normally, but this place is normally full of Marsh Wranglers. Though they haven't been coming in as much. Been told the reason is the Tithes have been raised and they can't get enough people. All I know is when they are in town, I get rushed off my feet. They should be back in a day or two actually." thinking a moment he continues, "I've heard there is some kind of blood sport that has become popular in the last couple years. I don't hear much about that though, most of the Marsh Wranglers see enough fighting out there to go to entertainment based on it. I can tell you where several good love dens are though if you want."

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

"Must be quite a tithe increase to make such a difference in custom levels" Jaspar noted. "wonder what could've caused that."

"Still, a small matter overall. There's probably a thousand and more reasons behind it. The blood sport you mentioned sounds interesting though. the last few worlds I've had the joy of visiting have been so dull they don't even allow dice or cards. Unless you know exactly where and how to look." he added as he took a drink.

Mkoll wins.

[img]http

Mabbz

Nefarian decided that it might be a little too risky to attempt to hack the warehouse security feed without consulting the others first, and he did not wish to talk about it in public. After he had convinced himself that he wasn't getting anything more about warehouse at this time, he decided to do some research on their administratum contact. Knowing what exactly his job was might help guide them.

The Man They Call Jayne

Janas sat in silence. He felt out of place here. Psykers didn't interact with the mundanes. They were rarely welcome. As such they didn't really cultivate much in the way of people skills.

"If we need to force information out of someone, come to me. Beyond that my skills are limited."
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

InsaneTD

"Well like I said, I don't know anything about it, though I do know of a club up near the port that has dice and cards. Run by an old shipmate of mine. He might now something about the fighting now I think about it. I can put you in touch with him if you like." The old man offered, "I'm Django Reynolds by the bye."
"Jaspar and these are my friends, Nefarian, Janas and Orson. And you're willing to put in a word for us?" Jaspar asked slightly surprised.
"For a Guardsman of the 57th Overlanders? I would." At Jaspar's look of shock Django continued. "I worked security on the Transport that took you to Boros. You have my condolences too. I here Decimated doesn't even begin to cover what happen to your Regiment. Such waste."
"Yes it was." Replied Jaspar with a haunted look.
"I'll go make the call. Your drinks are free while you're in here." Django added as he walked away from the table.

Orson looked at Jaspar, "You don't look like any guardsman I've ever seen."
"How many have you seen?" Responded Jaspar with a touch of sarcasm which Orson ignored, "57th Overlanders... They are from the Shrine World of Shadow aren't they?"
"Indeed they are."
Orson looked Jaspar over as he re-evaluated the man. At that pointed Nefarian piped up, "I have some info you guys might be interested in. I'll tell you later. For now I'm going to try and find out more about our Administratum Contact."

After a few hours of chatting with the locals and several rounds of drinks, Django came back over to the group. "I couldn't reach my Shipmate, seems he isn't at the club today. He should be in tomorrow so take this note and tell him Django Reynolds sent you. His name is Garrit Perry. Tell him pilots might get all the girls, but Ground Pounders get all the real women." he said with a wink before heading back off. "So," Said Janas, "What do we do now?"

OOC
Most of the locals were talking about the Tithe increases and none knew much about the sport. All they knew was it was happening. Some also mentioned that there were rumours of a new settlement on the southern half of the continent. No one really gives it much credit as it is supposed to be really close to the mountains, which is a were the snakes seem to be most commonly found. The last rumour is that two new, competing love dens have opened in the city. You even have the locations of both thanks of a patron that has visited both.

Nefarian, you already have his name but there isn't much else to find. He is Castella Omfridus, head of supply and logistics for the planets Administratum holdings and also works closely with the Arbites.[/spoilers]

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

"Well, we have another name and contact we can make use of, and the techie seems to have some information for us too. So, I suggest we head back to where we started, evaluate what we know, get some sleep and see what can be found out about Mr Perry and his establishment." replied Jaspar.

Mkoll wins.

[img]http

InsaneTD

The drive back to the hab unit was uneventful as Nefarian recounted all he had found to group. As he was telling the others about what he had found, he started looking up info on the new contact and his club. There wasn't much on the public infonet and Navy and Administratum records normally required direct access to the network. The local enforcers had raided the place a couple times claiming that the man was a black marketeer, but they never found any proof and merely seemed to raise the Clubs popularity every time they did. The club didn't open until the evening.

Back at the Hab unit, everyone chatted for a bit before going to their room and bed, with Orson finding a bed for himself. Though Nefarian stayed up later then everyone else while exploring the Entertainment Unit and the Dataslate he had found.