News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

February Tau Rumours

Started by Narric, February 03, 2013, 12:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narric

Quote from: Mabbz on February 04, 2013, 05:17:19 PM
Wait, a special rule called "Implosion" increases the explosion radius? That doesn't make much sense.
Three words :P

"ITS GAMES WORKSHOP!!!"

I noticed that and had a chuckle. Still, that weapon system sounds cool :D

knightperson

Quote from: Mabbz on February 04, 2013, 05:17:19 PM
Wait, a special rule called "Implosion" increases the explosion radius? That doesn't make much sense.

The rule could be renamed as this is still experimental. And a violent enough implosion would tend to resemble an explosion as shrapnel still goes flying. But I'm thinking more of the "birth of a star" scene at the end of 2010: whatever the subtitle is, where Jupiter shrinks a bit before igniting. Now if the Tau were firing short-lived singularity, mini black holes at the enemy tanks, THAT would be cool!

Since we're sort of on the subject, here's my list of things that need to be in the new Tau Codex for me to consider coming back to the game.

Kroot hounds with the option of assault grenades.

Kroot Gnarloc rider cavalry (whether they're actually cavalry or classed something else is less important, but I want mounted kroot!)

The Great Gnarloc for our Monstrous Creature since we're about the only race that doesn't have either a Monstrous Creature or a Walker option.

Point cost adjustments, of course.

A buff for rail weapons: either the ability to hit multiple targets or a penalty to the cover saves.

I would like pulse rifles to have a chance at defeating AV12+ vehicles, whether that's with the addition of Tank Hunter, something like the old Necron Gauss effect, Rending, Strength 6, or whatever. Or another idea, what about an alternate firing mode that is a Heavy weapon with higher strength? Maybe each squad only carries one "hot-shot" clip per game.

Seeker missiles and markerlights need clean-up. And especially need a reversal of the stupid ruling that they need 6's to hit a flyer. Seekers should also have an area effect option like a frag missile.

Current Special Issue gear should be an option on ALL shas'vre and above, or at least one per squad rather than one per army.

Some kind of psychic defense even if we don't get our own psykers.
Cured of what I'm suffering from, but suffering from the cure.

Narric

KP, this thread is meant to be about the rumours newly circulating about Tau, not wishlisting.

I understand why you're wishlisting but this isn't quite the place for it. I'm sure a new Second Sphere Fan-dex project could work. We now have 6th ed Codexi to take notes from. If you're interested, send me a PM and you could have a look at my Fan-dex and give your opinions on it. I've mostly just revamped most of the current codex stuff and I'm starting to consider what to add.

knightperson

But I want my wishlist to be the new rumors!

But seriously, you're right. And I do know better.
Cured of what I'm suffering from, but suffering from the cure.

Chicop76

You miss winged kroot and the differant glands you knighty person.

The implosion I was wondering how a shrinking blast would expand out and cause more damage. It might be the effect of ever thing getting sucked in than oppose to taking shrapnel.

Narric

Why can't Natfka have restraint on posting new things :P

http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/tau-stealth-suits-sky-ray-and-more.html

BS4 is a Shas'o upgrade, not a sqaud upgrade. Heh, now we have reason to use a Shas'O. :P

No mention of a change to Seeker Missiles, except possibly hitting on a 5+, not a 6.

InsaneTD

Might be shells detonating or power cells being raptured that cause a catastrophic secondary explosion?

The Man They Call Jayne

I like the idea that Markerlight now work for all other units until the end of the phase. I never really got how 3 markerlights could make you even more accurate than 1 AND reduce cover by 1. If you can see 3 you can see one and the effect would be the same.

This seems to be a more in line laser designator. And gives +1 to snapfire against Fliers. Even better.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Narric

http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/tau-flyer-uber-suit-and-pyschic-defense.html

Ethereals are still in

Kroot are getting love, and Vespid too. Some Kroot units are non-Troops aswell :o

Straight up quoting
QuotePsykers-defense: All Tau have some base immunity to psychic powers, and thus any Tau unit can deny the witch, with the suits gaining an  improvement to this roll.

The Man They Call Jayne

That Ubersuit does sound like fun. Lots of fun special abilities. Although why you would forgoe movement and shooting to gain a 2++ save is beyond me. All that means is that you never do anything with it and it can be ignored.

The 13 13 12 flyer? Sounds like they are bringing the Orca to the table. Hopefully with a better model than the flying brick.

InsaneTD

Why are they changing Knarlocs? Why? Knarloc Riders would of been awesome.

Cammerz

I like the sound of a tiny Vespid flyer, just to have a couple of those whizzing round would be quite fun.

As long as the Knarloc-type creature isn't just called 'Giant Krootox' I'll be happy.

I also like the idea that you can make Crisis Suits a Troop choice, maybe for Farsight lists.

Chicop76

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on February 05, 2013, 02:51:13 PM
That Ubersuit does sound like fun. Lots of fun special abilities. Although why you would forgoe movement and shooting to gain a 2++ save is beyond me. All that means is that you never do anything with it and it can be ignored.

The 13 13 12 flyer? Sounds like they are bringing the Orca to the table. Hopefully with a better model than the flying brick.

That means when the suit is in combat it will have a +2 invulnerable with strength 6 MC attacks.

The Man They Call Jayne

It's still pretty pointless though because its weapons skill and attacks are likely going to be through the floor. WS 3 at best and maybe 3 attacks tops. You would be wasting what seems like a devestating amount of mobile firepower.

Narric