News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

February Tau Rumours

Started by Narric, February 03, 2013, 12:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narric

Well, the Ubersuit and the Tau Flayers look interesting.

About bloody time Pathfinders had a plastic-kit. Not yet sure what to think of the redesigned Broadside.

BigToof

These... these look amazing!

Sorry wallet, this only happens once a decade...

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

Ra´Meses

I have one question and if it is stupid, please forgive me. Have there been any rumour about tau aligned humans? I guess that it is clear that Gue´vesas are not in the Codex, we should have heard it by now. But are there rumours about the interesting things, like the background and fluff being changing/developing?

I am planning to make my Imperial guard army to play alternatively as a separatist army that is supported by the Tau Empire, but not occupied by the Taus. At least not yet.
"AND MY AXE!"

Narric

If you want Gue'vesa, you'll have to use suitable modeled IG with the IG codex, and use the new Allies sytem for 40k.

Your Tau will be your Primary detachment (normal FOC), and the IG/Gue'vesa will be your secondary detachment.

Secondary detachments have the following restrictions on FOC
1 HQ (compulsory)
1 Troops (compulsory)
0-1 Elites (Option)
0-3 Troops (option, though it could be 0-1)
0-1 Fast Attack
and 0-1 Heavy support

You'll want to pick up the 6th edition rulebook for all the details.

I myself am doing a Tau/IG army, with my IG being a Radical Inquisition force.

pepsi

Quote from: Ra´Meses on March 17, 2013, 07:41:59 PM
I have one question and if it is stupid, please forgive me. Have there been any rumour about tau aligned humans? I guess that it is clear that Gue´vesas are not in the Codex, we should have heard it by now. But are there rumours about the interesting things, like the background and fluff being changing/developing?

I am planning to make my Imperial guard army to play alternatively as a separatist army that is supported by the Tau Empire, but not occupied by the Taus. At least not yet.

Considering the allies detachment, I don't think they found any reason to incorporate them. They are more or less better for that, despite lacking gifts from Tau commanders. Instead of runofthemill guardsmen, you now have the option to incorporate their tribal cavalry aspects, their conscripts, their veterans, and even their snipers and tanks. Which isn't bad all together. One troop choice can be filled to the brim with guardsmen, if one were so inclined.
www.rgdgaming.com, Helping You Find Cool Toys, Anime Movie Memorabilia, PC Games and Comics.

Narric

I have some picture from BoLS: http://www.3plusplus.net/2013/03/more-tau-picturez/

click to enlarge.

The flyer design is Meh. Cool, but not that awesome. Does very well to keep the same to the current non-FW models.

I'm probably the only person here who thinks GW have made this ubersuit look like crap. Whats with the freakin' tiny head? The guns make it look completely off balance. The legs take the "Chicken leg" problem of regular Crisis suitsa to a whole new level.

I'm not buying, GW. Its probably cheaper for me to just buy the Fire Warrior box instead of this kit. Drones don't really sell it either, as they look tac'd on at best.

Farsight, looks meh. They could have easily just revamped the original to be more customisable. They've probably done this as a middle finger to converters :P

salamut2202

So we have a piranha with wings. I don't hate it, but I like the forgeworld style flyers more. I wonder what the drones do.

I really like the riptide actually, the chunky thighs gives a bit of a samurai look and the head just makes the thing look more colossal. I wonder what those drones do.

The pathfinders are pathfinder. Okay I guess, they're pathfinders but not metal. I wonder what those drones do.

So this thing turned out to be pretty foreboding. Cool. He needs new looking drones :P

The Man They Call Jayne

Nobody has mentioned those new looking drones yet, I wonder what they do?

They actually look a little like the DX-4 Technical Drone if I recall. Might mean a repair ability.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

crisis_vyper

Quote from: Narric on March 18, 2013, 03:59:54 PM

The flyer design is Meh. Cool, but not that awesome. Does very well to keep the same to the current non-FW models.

Initially looking at the aircraft I thought it sucks, but now that I looked at it from that angle, it looks alright actually. Reminds me of some WW2 planes to be honest.

I'm probably the only person here who thinks GW have made this ubersuit look like crap. Whats with the freakin' tiny head? The guns make it look completely off balance. The legs take the "Chicken leg" problem of regular Crisis suitsa to a whole new level.

There is a reason for that actually. If you want to make something really imposing, the easiest way is to make the head smaller than average.

As for the overall look of the model, I feel like I can use this as a model in a game of Inquisitor as a normal crisis suit.

As for gameplay as its original model. I am interested to see what it can do.

I'm not buying, GW. Its probably cheaper for me to just buy the Fire Warrior box instead of this kit. Drones don't really sell it either, as they look tac'd on at best.

You are getting it for the options to be honest, and those drones may be a vital way of playing with the Tau.

Farsight, looks meh. They could have easily just revamped the original to be more customisable. They've probably done this as a middle finger to converters :P

The old Farsight is actually kinda static, so I can see why they would want to resculpt O'Shovah. These days a lot of the special characters have......character to them. Of course that saying, I always use a normal crisis suit anyway.

I am surprised that no one is talking about the kroot, vespids or any new alien races that would be with the Tau. What happened to them?

crisis_vyper

Quote from: crisis_vyper on March 19, 2013, 01:48:57 AM

Initially looking at the aircraft I thought it sucks, but now that I looked at it from that angle, it looks alright actually. Reminds me of some WW2 planes to be honest.

There is a reason for that actually. If you want to make something really imposing, the easiest way is to make the head smaller than average.

As for the overall look of the model, I feel like I can use this as a model in a game of Inquisitor as a normal crisis suit. And it seems that my perception of suits as more of an Armoured Core/Front Mission robots are realized to an extent now.

As for gameplay as its original model. I am interested to see what it can do.

You are getting it for the options to be honest, and those drones may be a vital way of playing with the Tau.

The old Farsight is actually kinda static, so I can see why they would want to resculpt O'Shovah. These days a lot of the special characters have......character to them. Of course that saying, I always use a normal crisis suit anyway.

I am surprised that no one is talking about the kroot, vespids or any new alien races that would be with the Tau. What happened to them?

Manatee

You know, I used to argue with those weaboo, gundam wing types that games workshop would NEVER make a giant tau mech/titan, because it doesn't make sense for their background, or play-style. I figured they'd add an air unit, and maybe field the XV9's as plastic kits, but I swore they'd never make something so ridiculous like that. Of course after seeing the fucking Dreadknight I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised, but I can't believe that abomination is actually going to be  in the codex...

...That being said I'll take twelve.

InsaneTD

Does put a new spin on the titan argument.

Hate the riptide, Want to see the flyer from other angles and yes, did think WWII aircraft when I saw it. I happen to love the new Farsight.

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Quote from: Tybalt Defet on March 19, 2013, 11:53:59 AM
Does put a new spin on the titan argument.
No it doesn't. That argument's been done to the death. :P

The flier looks ok from that angle and Farsight seems improved at least. The ubersuit doesn't look right though.
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

The Allfather

QuoteThere is a reason for that actually. If you want to make something really imposing, the easiest way is to make the head smaller than average.
Um. What? I think you have that backwards. There is also a reason GW designs all their models with "heroic" dimensions, (besides being easier to paint) they look more imposing. If I saw some roided out guy with a head that was too small for his body I would (rightfully) think he looked ridiculous.

The flyer reminds me of a P38 Lightning... and not in a good way. I'm not a fan of it. They could have made it look way more alien than it does. As it is, the design seems more like something the Imperium would do than the Tau.

Farsight... did they even try? I loved Farsight back when I played Tau, but this doesn't even look like they did much of anything to the model to bring him up to date.

The Ubersuit: You know, I actually kinda like it. I can see the point about the small head, but then again I can see why they would want to have the head like that. It's just a bunch of sensors feeding information to the pilot inside the suit. It doesn't need to be big.

crisis_vyper

Quote from: The Allfather on March 19, 2013, 12:56:10 PM
QuoteThere is a reason for that actually. If you want to make something really imposing, the easiest way is to make the head smaller than average.
Um. What? I think you have that backwards. There is also a reason GW designs all their models with "heroic" dimensions, (besides being easier to paint) they look more imposing. If I saw some roided out guy with a head that was too small for his body I would (rightfully) think he looked ridiculous.

Ah forgotten to mention that it only works for robots or inhuman things.