News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

February Tau Rumours

Started by Narric, February 03, 2013, 12:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

salamut2202

Quote from: crisis_vyper on March 20, 2013, 11:05:47 AM
Quote from: The Allfather on March 19, 2013, 12:56:10 PM
QuoteThere is a reason for that actually. If you want to make something really imposing, the easiest way is to make the head smaller than average.
Um. What? I think you have that backwards. There is also a reason GW designs all their models with "heroic" dimensions, (besides being easier to paint) they look more imposing. If I saw some roided out guy with a head that was too small for his body I would (rightfully) think he looked ridiculous.

Ah forgotten to mention that it only works for robots or inhuman things.
To add to that, you said 'backwards'. Backwards would imply that a large head would be impossing and, as it replicates the proportions of small children, big heads in compassion to the body I the stuff of chibi cartoons.

Also, on your example,

Large, dominating, imposing, relatively tiny head.

The Allfather

Well, he's also wearing a huge suit of power armor and no helmet. His head would still be in proportion to his actual body. I think he actually does look a bit silly without his helmet, but then I think all Space marines look silly without helmets... :P

Chocomel

It could have been worse, a Tau version of the dreadfullknight babycarrier.

InsaneTD

See two new Tau black library books were released today. Shadowsun and Fire Caste.

Ra´Meses

They are really pushing it then. Shame I am so short of funds I feel that paying all the money for the Codex is too much at the moment.

"AND MY AXE!"

Pottsey

Quote from: Tybalt Defet on March 23, 2013, 02:50:44 AM
See two new Tau black library books were released today. Shadowsun and Fire Caste.
There was also a short while ago the "The Greater Good" although I wouldn't recommend it as the front cover, title and synopsis are very misleading. It starts off really good but the Tau pretty much vanish at the start of the book. From chapter 8 onwards the Tau have all but vanished bar the odd rare line to do with a Tau diplomat. Still the Tau section was good just by the time the Tyranids turn up the Tau are long gone despite what the front cover shows.

The Shadowsun book I really enjoyed but it was far shorter than expected. I would estimate about half the size of an average novel.

Dra'Tuisisch-Novae

Quote from: The Allfather on March 19, 2013, 12:56:10 PMThe Ubersuit: You know, I actually kinda like it. I can see the point about the small head, but then again I can see why they would want to have the head like that. It's just a bunch of sensors feeding information to the pilot inside the suit. It doesn't need to be big.

That's kind of my feeling, too. I'll probably convert the head to be a little larger and more functional, but the rest of it is okay... except the feet. Someone mentioned "chicken legs", but I actually think the leg proportion is fine. It's just that the feet are ridiculous; I'd have to add extra stabilizers and struts to make them look big enough.
[Bender]I'm back baby![/Bender]

The Man They Call Jayne

So im looking at the pictures and it looks to me like every weapon on the tau flyers is turret mounted, giving them a 360 fire arc. If thats the case it will really reduce the need to manuver to get a bead on target. I may have to remove those struts linking the tail and the wings though, I don't like those.

And the new XV88s are simply badass. The look bulky and solid, which is good.

As much as I want to dislike it, I cannot help but be overcome by the sheer fuck you- itude of the Riptide and I am despereate to see what weapon loadouts it can take.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

salamut2202

InsaneTD

Looks like it has rail rifles in the wings. O.o

The Man They Call Jayne

I am extremely hopeful and optimistic for this release. I just hope Codex Man doesn't balls it up for us. I WANT this to be good so very badly.

InsaneTD

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Quote from: Tybalt Defet on March 27, 2013, 11:02:36 AM
We all do.
However we all have different ideas of what "good" would be. :P

The models look decent. I just hope they've not decided that every race suddenly needs a tank upgrade character. :-\
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

The Man They Call Jayne

I want long range, accurate fire power, withering mid range firepower and to lose horribly in CC. Thats how it should be. I want to laugh tanks off the table and I want laser guided missiles to annoy anyone spamming fliers.

Narric

Quote from: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on March 27, 2013, 01:05:14 PM
I just hope they've not decided that every race suddenly needs a tank upgrade character. :-\
So far, Tau look to be the only non-SM army to have a Tank Character, and even then, only SMurfs have one.

Garaunteed, only the SMurf Character will continue to have the option of evacuating his machine when its destroyed.