News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

February Tau Rumours

Started by Narric, February 03, 2013, 12:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Allfather

Quote from: Narric on March 27, 2013, 02:14:45 PM
Quote from: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on March 27, 2013, 01:05:14 PM
I just hope they've not decided that every race suddenly needs a tank upgrade character. :-\
So far, Tau look to be the only non-SM army to have a Tank Character, and even then, only SMurfs have one.

Garaunteed, only the SMurf Character will continue to have the option of evacuating his machine when its destroyed.

IG has a tank character as well.

Which really makes more sense than any of the other races, (to have an Ace Tank Commander) since IG has about a trillion tanks per platoon.

Narric

Quote from: The Allfather on March 27, 2013, 02:17:48 PM
Quote from: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on March 27, 2013, 01:05:14 PM
I just hope they've not decided that every race suddenly needs a tank upgrade character. :-\
So far, Tau look to be the only non-SM army to have a Tank Character, and even then, only SMurfs have one.

Garaunteed, only the SMurf Character will continue to have the option of evacuating his machine when its destroyed.

IG has a tank character as well.

Which really makes more sense than any of the other races, (to have an Ace Tank Commander) since IG has about a trillion tanks per platoon.
Oops, forgot about the IG Dude. I mostly ignored/forgot all the IG characters, with the exception of the non-cadian/catachan characters, like Chenkov and Al'rahem.

Dra'Tuisisch-Novae

My memory could be off, but isn't there a Grey Knight one now, too?
[Bender]I'm back baby![/Bender]

Narric

Did Chaos Space Marines and Dark Angels recieve a Tank Character?

I personally don't remember anyone mentioning it, so i assume not.

Chicop76

Vanilla Marines and Im0perial Guard has the only two tank characters so far. Tau will make 3.

Lord Sotek

]So far, Tau look to be the only non-SM army to have a Tank Character, and even then, only SMurfs have one.

What's Knight-Commander Pask then, chopped liver?
Quote from: Saulus on March 17, 2011, 06:16:56 PM
Often I hear delusional ramble like "I painted and collected my army as ultramarine tyranid hunters....but Pedro is really good, so now I'm using him, but I'm just going to call him Jimbob-Fistpumper, cause that fits with my

InsaneTD

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on March 27, 2013, 01:41:31 PM
I want long range, accurate fire power, withering mid range firepower and to lose horribly in CC. Thats how it should be. I want to laugh tanks off the table and I want laser guided missiles to annoy anyone spamming fliers.
I agree fully.

The Man They Call Jayne

So I am seeing some places that the XV88 now has a Heavy Rail Rifle, but is going to be the mutt nuts at turning flyers into scrap. Could it be that this is going to be the codex to break the power of flyers with plenty of AA options? It seems that Ion Cannons are taking a hit aswell, or are coming in a variety of flavours now.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

salamut2202

Narric

So the new commander kit is essentially a conversion that has been floating around for years.

The new Broadside kit comes with a Deathrain configuration option.

You can have an underslung Plasma Rifle atached to you mini-titan Burst Cannon.

Missile Pod Drones are now a thing.

And I think we can all agree the model designer decided to watch every episode of every series of Gundam and Macross.

InsaneTD

Have I mentioned I love the look of the new Broadsides? I love the the new Broadsides.

The Man They Call Jayne

New Broadsides are going to be brutal. I wonder how much more they will cost, points wise. Although if my total lack of ability to read french is anything to go by, a Guided Missile is going to be an option.

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

"Darkstrider - comes with a structural analyser to target weak points of enemy armour" Yes, because when you're packing S10 AP1 weapons you really need to be able to reduce enemy armour. Honest. ::)

"CAdre fireblade - 3w IC with split fire a marker light and +1 shot to all fire warriors if they stood still." I'm hoping they've just neglected to mention/not be able to find out about the range limit of this ability.

Sykray finally gets cleared up, good to see. :)

"the main armament is indeed a quad ion weapon with 360 arc." I thought the main balancing point of fliers was supposed to be manoeuvrability and fire arcs? 
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

Mabbz

So many missiles... WANT.

I also like the crisis suit's hands. Now I can make my commander strangle some poor guardsman.

The Man They Call Jayne

""Darkstrider - comes with a structural analyser to target weak points of enemy armour" Yes, because when you're packing S10 AP1 weapons you really need to be able to reduce enemy armour. Honest"

Doesn't say reduce. And it doesn't say that it will effect other units either. Might only affect this guy and his unit. Railguns of the S10 AP1 variety only seem to be on Railheads now, so he can't join them.

I am wondering if Ion weapons will Get Hot if you use the Overcharge function. Or if they will just need a turn to cool down.