News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

February Tau Rumours

Started by Narric, February 03, 2013, 12:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on March 28, 2013, 04:25:55 PM
It also entirely depends on what the weapon IS. If it is the Ion Cannon on the Hammerhead, that getting a Blast that isn't large won't be worth it. On the smaller guns, it MIGHT be, if they keep AP3 across the board for Ion weapons. The Cyclic Ion Blaster WAS only AP4, I don't know if that is still the case. The new Ion Rifle that the Pathfinders get would benefit, but the Ion Quad Blaster thing on the back of the Sunshark (seriously, why is it back there?) would be useless with blast because it is for shooting other flyers down with.
If the Riptide gets Large Blast I think it's fairly same to assume the Hammerhead variant will. Blast on the Sunshark would still be useful in case there are no fliers, or if they've dropped to Hover mode. Also, one or both of the fliers apparently has a 360 fire arc anyway, so positioning isn't going to matter overly much. Annoyingly.

As you say, the Pathfinders and drones will benefit immensely. Hence why I think it should be Gets Hot and have a cooldown turn.
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

InsaneTD

360 fire arc doesn't matter if you can't fire below the horizontal. Line of site is from the weapons barrel on vehicles.

The Man They Call Jayne

Weapons have a -20 degree depression and a 45 degree elevation unless the weapon can physically move further. I know that was in the last rule book for weapons that were fixed. Can't remember if it in this one.

Ok, edit time, having now seen the new White Dwarf.

Overcharging your Ion weapons WILL cause Gets Hot. Im not sure if you will have to cool down, but it doesn't seem so from the report.

Looks like the Hammerhead no longer gets submunition as standard. I can live with that I think. If they are now the only source of S10 AP1, you'll need every solid shot you can make. And the job of the submunition is easily done by other units.

The Riptide is a total monster. It also seems that the extra Nova Reactor may cause damage just by using it. It can boost the Ion Accelerator and/or the Shield Generator to above normal performance, but at a cost, so might be a thing to use sparingly, as you have the standard fusion reactor to work with the rest of the time.

The detachable Interceptor Drones from the fliers are a nice touch, not sure how they will count towards scoring, or if they can carry on if the host aircraft dies, but they could provide some excellent additional firepower.

Supporting Fire plus Overwatch at BS2 with a small upgrade means that you are going to put a serious dent in anything that is charging at you.

So far, I like what I am seeing.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

InsaneTD

I don't like most of what I just heard. One of the reasons I went to hammerheads was submunitions. The only  thing I liked then was interceptor drones.

Does it give a release date?

The Man They Call Jayne

Not in the magazine. But there is a picture out there that says 6th April iirc.

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on March 29, 2013, 05:31:36 AM
Supporting Fire plus Overwatch at BS2 with a small upgrade means that you are going to put a serious dent in anything that is charging at you.
Yeah, that i do not like. Tau have good enough firepower already without being able to Overwatch with multiple units and a better BS than anyone else. I get that if Tau end up in combat the unit in combat is all but lost, but combat's hard enough to reach for plenty of armies now given the reduction of cover and FNP, the introduction of Overwatch and random charge range. Adding Supporting Fire and BS2 Overwatch is too much in my opinion.

Quote from: Tybalt Defet on March 29, 2013, 02:41:40 PM
I don't like most of what I just heard. One of the reasons I went to hammerheads was submunitions. The only  thing I liked then was interceptor drones.
He did say they don't get it as standard. I wouldn't be surprised if it was still an option.
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

The Man They Call Jayne

You can still get Submunition, but the way it was presented made it seem like it had bee purchased as an option.

"Heavy Support
Shas'la T'au Sha'ng
Hammerhead Gunship with submunition rounds, disruption pods and Commander Longstrike."

From the bat rep.

Sounds like submunitions are optional now.

Dra'Tuisisch-Novae

[Bender]I'm back baby![/Bender]

pepsi

Tau Codex preordered. Will see if it is up to snuff :P
www.rgdgaming.com, Helping You Find Cool Toys, Anime Movie Memorabilia, PC Games and Comics.

The Allfather

Maaaan if only I had the expendable income to get the Battlesuit Collection. Holy crap they look magnificent. You even get the OG Stealth Suits.

pepsi

Personally waiting to see what Farsight is up to. Last place they left of he was getting his butt handed to him by a new group of orks that really loved shooting things.
www.rgdgaming.com, Helping You Find Cool Toys, Anime Movie Memorabilia, PC Games and Comics.

Osiris

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCatsLarge.jsp?catId=cat440160a&rootCatGameStyle=wh40k

pre-order is now up. and boy oh boy the price tags on some of the kit. DAMN.

AND I WAS NINJA'D  :facepalm001:
IF - 5k
UM - 2k
Eldar - 2k

The Man They Call Jayne

That battlesuit kit, so so so expensive. Its madness!

Dra'Tuisisch-Novae

Quote from: Osiris on March 30, 2013, 02:02:27 AMAND I WAS NINJA'D  :facepalm001:

MUAHAHAHAHA!

Ahem. Could someone with iBooks confirm what the price of the new 'dex for iPad is?
[Bender]I'm back baby![/Bender]

InsaneTD

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on March 29, 2013, 06:39:36 PM
You can still get Submunition, but the way it was presented made it seem like it had bee purchased as an option.

"Heavy Support
Shas'la T'au Sha'ng
Hammerhead Gunship with submunition rounds, disruption pods and Commander Longstrike."

From the bat rep.

Sounds like submunitions are optional now.
I'll just go back to broadsides. Be cheaper points wise.