News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Orks Gone Wild! [The RP Thread]

Started by BigToof, December 12, 2012, 02:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wargamer

2d6=6
D'oh! Missed a dice!
1d6=4
3d6 total: 10! Woohoo! I'm still awesome! :D

Grotbolt examined the Chimera with a critical eye. He walked around it carefully, pondering the machine from every angle, sometimes tapping the hull and listening to the sound it made. Finally, satisfied with his studies he announced, "Yup, this is a tank."

Due to legal reasons, we are required to insist that the resulting back and forth between Grotbolt and an un-named second party, which may or may not have been multiple individuals proceeded thusly:

"We know it's a tank!" said the unmentioned party. "Can you snazz it up?"
"Easy!" Grotbolt replied. "Drag it over here into my Workshop!"
And so, with much grunting, shoving and swearing, the tank was pulled next to a big pile of scrap and a very ad-hoc workshop was erected around it.

In due course, after much hammering, soldering and welding, the Chimera reappeared. Its arrival was not noticed for some time, however, because someone had hidden it under a garrish yellow and pink paint job with speckled squig-fur trim.

"That is not what [we] meant!" our lawyers insist the reply was.
"You asked me to snazz it up!" Grotbolt replied.
"But we want it workin'! It's got to look like a Humie tank, not like an Orky one! Go and make it look Human!"
And so he did.

After a brief, but rather heated discussion, the details of which we are not at liberty to repeat due to the potential presence of small children, the humanoid mecha constructed from Chimera parts was taken away again, and the Mek was left with instructions to make it look as though the Orks, particularly a certain Mek, had never encountered it.

Thus ends the legally moderated portion of the proceedings.

The Chimera rolled out to greet the Orks, and what they saw astounded them. The tank growled like a hungry hunting beast; it's multi-laser turret tracked back and forth in search of targets; its armoured hull looked tough enough to withstand the worst a Tankbusta could throw at it. The Orks had themselves a fighting vehicle worthy of the Imperial Guard, and sat at the controls was Grotbolt, grinning like a maniac.
"Ya see, lads? I told you all I was a Masta Mek!" he laughed raucously as he brought the tank to a halt.
I wrote a novel - Dreamscape: The Wanderer.. Available in paperback and pdf.

Quote from: Liberate the Warhammers
People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

The Man They Call Jayne

'Edbusta nodded appreciativly.

"Now dat is one impressive Badger. Dem 'umies will neva see it comin'! Well. . .dey will, coz its a wagon. . .but they won' know its fulla Orks! Now, da rest o' you boys! Get into da Badger! We got 'umies to krump! Grotbolt, you da de-sig-na-ted driva! Alright! You! Shootaboy, get in dat tuttet, and keep yousself proppa 'idden unda da lid until we gets close, or inside. I'mma get on dat Skorcha! Da rest o' yous gets in da back an' lets get going while we gots some dark left to be sneaky in!
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

BigToof

Your rather pleasant night-time drive down the mostly-paved road turns out to be rather smooth, by Ork standards.

Some lights go on in the surrounding small lean-to and shacks, but nobody bothers to come out.

In fact, you get rather close to the castle, and you can start to make out more details.

First off, there's a big castle, it's got to be at least a hundred or so feet tall up to the tallest parapet, although most of it isn't in the best condition.  There's a large wall surrounding the castle, made of rather large wood tree trunks lashed together with metal bindings.  Hummies are walking up on top, and there's doors big enough to well... fit a tank through pretty easy.  Too bad that they're locked up.

-----------------

So... if you roll right up to the gate, they're going to start asking questions.

Cunnin' rolls will help if you want to try something sneaky.

The front door is barred shut the old-fashioned way, but a Tankhammer will probably see it through.

You might even be able to ram through it if you feel gutsy enough, but well...  I'll leave you all to think about how you want to try it out :)

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

The Man They Call Jayne

"Hmmm, we needs to be sneaky about dis. Can you make da radio ask for help Grotbolt? "We is injured, let us in" kinda fing. Make up old recordins to make a new one in 'umies voice?" If dat don't work we is gonna 'ave to go the noisy way and blast da door while rammin it.

Railgun Convention

Lurtz was a tad miffed about not being offered the driver's seat, but even he couldn't pass up the opportunity to use a Multilaser.

Swinging into the seat, he analys'd the gubbinz surroundin' 'is new gun. 'is old one woz stashed inside the Badger, ready to be snatched up at a moment's notice. All the bitz around 'im looked good, and the laser looked to be readin' a healthy burt o' powa from da reactor.

All woz lookin' shiny.
So how many crashes have I survived now?

Will's on Fire

"I fink ther shud be some scoutin' be done."

"Who wants ter do it?"

Wargamer

"Given time I could probably build us a Scoutamajig..." Grotbolt's face lit up at the idea, and he began greedily eyeing up bits of the Chimera that could be cannibalised into a Orkish automaton.

People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

Mabbz

Cunnin' 16, roll 8

While the others were muckin' around with the wagon, Ducktape decided to look around some more. This time, he was searching for stuff he could make into a choppa. He needed a weapon besides his syringe.

Will's on Fire

Cunnin 12 Vs 16

''Going fer a sneak around the walls, lookin' fer ways in. Join me if you keep up."

Ravager Zero

Gorksal looked around da inside o' da wagon. Everyone else seemed to be preparin' stuff, or makin' somefing. Gorksal didn't bovver wiv dat nonsense, just fixed a rokkit to da end o' his tankhamma and made sure he had a couple spare. Never knew wiv these 'umies when ya might need ta crack somefing open. Like a beakie. Mork how he wished they could fight da beakies again.
Rav's Awesome Card Counter: +2

Quote from: Kane
...and whipped cream, a bottle of baileys, seven pairs of non-matching shoes, a combine harvester, a box of matches, and three indie rock bands drunk off their skull is technically acceptable on private property.

BigToof

Quote from: Wargamer on December 31, 2012, 01:22:29 PM
"Given time I could probably build us a Scoutamajig..." Grotbolt's face lit up at the idea, and he began greedily eyeing up bits of the Chimera that could be cannibalised into a Orkish automaton.

Grotbolt, give me a cunnin' roll and an idea as to what you want done.
As usual, the niftiness of the creation will be based on what you can roll.
If straight on, then you well... you can get basically a camera on a smallish chassis.
by 2, you can get a little fancy.
By 5, and well...  you can get really, really fancy.  Like remote-controlled flyer drone fancy.

Quote from: Mabbz on January 03, 2013, 10:14:23 PM
Cunnin' 16, roll 8

While the others were muckin' around with the wagon, Ducktape decided to look around some more. This time, he was searching for stuff he could make into a choppa. He needed a weapon besides his syringe.

Duck, by that heck of a roll, you can get any very large item (big shoota or big choppa) or a choppa and shoota.  Alternatively, you can get a pile of ammo if you like.  Just keep in mind what you can carry.

Quote from: Will Vas Fire on January 03, 2013, 11:32:31 PM
Cunnin 12 Vs 16

''Going fer a sneak around the walls, lookin' fer ways in. Join me if you keep up."

Right, looks like the Kommando is goin in!
With your roll by 2, you can get a good look-see as to what things look like in the hummie fort.

And well...

It's kind of sad really.

The big walls you all are taking a look at aren't that well put together.  The tank can actually just drive through the walls if need be, as the metal holding the sides together are more than a bit rusted and the wall isn't that deep in the ground.  The doors are also wide open right now, as there's a lot of partying going on.  A bunch of hummies are getting pretty wasted on drink and staggering around.  There's guards roaming around, with maybe a handful walking around on the walls, but most are either asleep or drunk.

Inside the walls, you can see a small, bustling hummie town that is full of drunkards, walking around (mostly into each other).  Far inside the town, you can make out another set of large walls and a big castle some ways off (about a mile or so, but Orks have never been good with distances).

What DOES catch your attention are three large Boomgun-tanks (Bastilisks) that are just parked outside the walls of the Castle.  They might be servicable if you can get them working.

Oh, and there are actually hummies with guns and such inside the castle.  You can see them walking around, but it's hard to see much without actually getting inside...

Quote from: Ravager Zero on January 04, 2013, 10:40:20 AM
Gorksal looked around da inside o' da wagon. Everyone else seemed to be preparin' stuff, or makin' somefing. Gorksal didn't bovver wiv dat nonsense, just fixed a rokkit to da end o' his tankhamma and made sure he had a couple spare. Never knew wiv these 'umies when ya might need ta crack somefing open. Like a beakie. Mork how he wished they could fight da beakies again.

Sounds good Gorksal.  Your tankhammer is ready to go!

-----------

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Mabbz

Ducktape's rummaging was a success. He found plenty of scrap he could use, and after taping it together he was left with something resembling a big choppa. He taped a few heads on (leftovers from the earlier battle) for good measure.

The Man They Call Jayne

'Edbusta was getting impaitient. Sneaky was all nice an' dat, but he wanted to smash stuff. Good bosses waited for da right time though. He would see if they had found any weak points, then they would make use of them.

Wargamer

Cunnin' roll: 3d6=14

Attention Span roll... 1d6=6

Grotbolt emerged from the depths of the Chimera's rear engine housing with a collection of bits, and began proving emphatically that you can get a square peg to fit into a round hole, given a large enough hammer. The result of his work was a mobile (for a given value of "mobile") camera device, controlled by... well, that was anyone's guess.
"Got us a scouty doodad." He said, pausing only to notice he'd forgotten to fit the camera lens, and correcting it quickly when nobody was looking.

BigToof

Yay!
The thread shows life once more.
Well, with your scout, you can easily use it to get a mobile camera...  How you want it to look, it's up to you :)

In any case, it'll wander around in the dark taking pictures, so you get a decent view of everything inside (see above posts).

So, you can clearly plan a means of attack (hint, hint).

If you want something specific, let me know :)

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points: