News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

New Daemons vs Necrons/Chaos Recap 1850

Started by Arguleon-veq, March 29, 2013, 11:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arguleon-veq

Just a quick recap of a game I had today using new daemons against wraith spam necrons here is what I used;

18 Flesh Hounds;
18 Flesh Hounds;
17 Flesh Hounds;
Tzeentch Grinder
; Phglem
Tzeentch Grinder; Phglem
Tzeentch Grinder; Phglem
10 Plaguebearers;
10 Plaguebearers;
10 Plaguebearers;
Herald of Khorne
; Exalted Gift [Grimoire]

I was against;

6 Wraiths;
6 Wraiths;
6 Wraiths;
Barge;
Barge;
Barge;
Night Scythe;
Night Scythe;
Night Scythe;
Destroyer Lord
; Scarabs, Scythe, Weave
13 Cultists;
Chaos Sorc;
Helldrake;
5 Warriors;
5 Warriors;
5 Warriors
;

Pretty sure this is going to be the new evolution of the wraithwing although I think it could do with losing a wraith squad to get another destroyer lord in as they do the real lifting for the wraiths and keep them alive.

3 Objectives;
Diagonal;

Early Game - I went first and all my battlecannons and a good warp storm killed off a whole wraith squad, In the first few turns my hounds took out all 3 wraith squads and the destroyer lord for the loss of a full hound squad amd my own herald[a bad instability roll cost me a lot]. I also took far more losses than I should thanks to failing my grimoire rolls all 3 times I tried to use it.

I also managed to roll -1invun save on the warpstorm 3 times during this battle which really cost me against his shooting.

Thanks to the grimoire and warp storms I started to get pounded by his tesla virtually wiping out my hounds.

Mid Game - He had an objective in his corner, I had one in mine and there was one dead centre. I dropped 2 bearer squads around the centre and one in my corner whilst his cultists and sorc held his.

I was actually managing a lot of damage on his flyers but he was passing so many jinks, I think he passed his first 5 out of 6. I did finally manage to take one down with my harvester cannons though and took out two of his 3 barges with the last of my hounds and one of my grinders.

This left us with me with first blood, linebreaker, warlord and I had 2 bearer squads on the central objective and one in my corner whilst he had his one. I kill the sorc with a battlecannon shot thanks to a failed look out sir but the  cultists pass their panic.

He drops off a warrior squad near by bearers in the corner and shoots them up but cant finish them although he does manage to contest. The game stands at 6-5 to me at the end of turn 5, we roll it......the game continues.

End Game - I consilodate my position in the centre and pound his cultists with more phglem battlecannons but he passes another panic, my 2 surviving bearers charge the 5 warriors in my corner to save me getting shot to death so I can still contest, i kill 1 for no losses and he holds. He drops off another squad in that corner whilst his other 5 warriors arrive from reserve and kill my flesh hound that is getting me linebreaker.

It stands at 5-5 at the end of turn 6, we roll it....the game continues.

I hammer those cultists again but they pass another panic. We go to the bearer combat and I lose both to 4 necron warrior attacks which coupled with the cultists passing another panic loses me the game. In his turn he kill a few more bearers in the centre but not enough to take me off the objective.

Result - Necrons win 8-5

Post Game Thoughts - Pretty gutting to lose the game that way but it was the random nature of the new daemons that really cost me, poor warp storm and grimoire rolls really cost me as it let his shooting start to rip apart my hounds which stopped them from going around and clearing up all his troops. Also didnt help that another other turn would have given me a result and the fact I couldnt get through his jink saves on those flyers but I was pretty pleased with how the list worked, it was up against a top list and had the warp storm/grimoire/game ending rolls levelled out I would have gotten the win.
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

BigToof

Daemons are just hard to play versus Crons, as the Metallic Undead are just SO reliable with their Resurrection Protocols, Twin-Linked Tesla and many options, while the Daemons are just... random.

I think it'd be one of the harder matchups, honestly.

I was rooting for you, but it was sadly not to be...

Still, I'd like to hear more if you have any!

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3