News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

6th Ed Starter Set Details

Started by BigToof, August 08, 2012, 07:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreaterGoodNewZealand

I am excited by this set, and especially by the mini rulebook.  I especially look forward to the Dark Angel stuff and the Hellbrute, although I don't actually play either army. Unfortunately, I truly doubt I will be able to buy it given their pricing here is way more than I can afford.
I wrote a tabletop war game! It can be found here  http://thatkiwiguy.wordpress.com/2011/07/20/5/ -  if people wish to read the rules. Still working on some of the factions and most of the background.

Begel Dverl

All of my want for this set.

Heck, this box set just might make me start some Iron Warriors as a side army :P

I'm quite excited about the Hellbrute as well as those raggedy Cultists.

I just hope they look remotelly like the DOW2 ones.

Cammerz

Looks like some pictures of a few of the miniatures;

http://imgur.com/a/caCnk#V5yyG

crisis_vyper

Quote from: Cammerz on August 17, 2012, 12:35:16 PM
Looks like some pictures of a few of the miniatures;

http://imgur.com/a/caCnk#V5yyG

Eeyup.

The Cultist gets the honourary mention as it is a perfect Traitor Guard platform in more ways than one. I can see a lot of people sucking lots of this from people who do not want to use Cultists to make their own guard army.

DEF Knight

Wargamer

Oh. God. Yes.

I had plans to begin a Pre-Heresy World Eaters army on account of my gaming group wanting to do a Horus Heresy campaign. Now I'm thinking I need to add some Post Heresy World Eaters to my shopping list as well...
I wrote a novel - Dreamscape: The Wanderer.. Available in paperback and pdf.

Quote from: Liberate the Warhammers
People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

Rej

Phew...

Lord Sotek

Sweet Emperor, those Chaos models are mouthwatering. I don't even collect Chaos and I want them BAD! :D
Quote from: Saulus on March 17, 2011, 06:16:56 PM
Often I hear delusional ramble like "I painted and collected my army as ultramarine tyranid hunters....but Pedro is really good, so now I'm using him, but I'm just going to call him Jimbob-Fistpumper, cause that fits with my

Narric

Looks like GW are adding some life into their models. I'm almost reminded of the Space Hulk re-release Terminators when looking at the Deathwing.

Hell brute does look cool, but it just looks like a "Possessed" Dreadnought to me. I'm sure we'll see a few scratch-builds cropping up soon.

Chrono

those chosen makes me want the box just for them. cultists are good too. the hellbrute is a nice model, makes a good chaos dread if anything. maybe it's some sort of mutated marine just like the demon prince, but less leader-ish and more braindead berserker heavy support-ish

Wargamer

I'm starting to wonder if the Hellbrute will replace the Chaos Dreadnought altogether; based on its armament (the 'default' Imperial Dread combo of Multi-melta and ccw) it could well be put into the list and then have Chaos players simply count Chaos Dreadnoughts as Hellbrutes.

A part of me would actually like that. One thing I don't like about Chaos is the "Imperials with spiky bits" mentality. I would like to see the Codex do its best to steer away from that.
I wrote a novel - Dreamscape: The Wanderer.. Available in paperback and pdf.

Quote from: Liberate the Warhammers
People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

Thantos

SO much yes! Im getting this set just to paint those chaos!!! THAT is what chaos marines should be like! ;D
And chaos cultists will work well for 1st gen genestealer hybreds too  ^-^

Chrono

Quote from: Thantos on August 18, 2012, 02:04:28 PM
SO much yes! Im getting this set just to paint those chaos!!! THAT is what chaos marines should be like! ;D
And chaos cultists will work well for 1st gen genestealer hybreds too  ^-^

for those who noticed in the other rumour thread of releases, one line said Cult Hybrid upgrade Pack. that to me sounds like only stealer and nothing else, for the sake of the word HYBRID involved. look at it this way, a chaos cultist multi part set comes out, we get a stealer sprue for upgrading them to cult hybrids. WD allies option for nids?

Vyper

Might split one with a friend and use the dark angels as fallen...

Narric

Quote from: Vyper on August 18, 2012, 08:47:52 PM
use the dark angels as fallen...
I hadn't though of this, and I have a small Fallen army underway :P

Now I'm definately buying it, becuase I can use the Chaos side for my Khorne Berzerker Force.