News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

The Mysterious Case of a Disappearing Account

Started by Irisado, July 24, 2012, 09:56:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irisado

I registered a couple of days ago without any problems, made a post, and assumed that all was well.  I tried to log in today, only to be old my username didn't exist, and I've had to register all over again.  Could anyone shed any light on what happened?  I'm a bit confused to say the least.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Masked Thespian

We've recently (I.e. yesterday) moved to a new server, and several posts made within the last day or two have disappeared.  I've notified the admin who moved us over and hopefully he can sort everything out.
Regards,
MT.
Quote from: Ravager Zero
Freaking mod-ninja. :P

Although, given that you're in Japan now, I suppose that's entirely legit. :shifty:

Irisado

I'm not worried about the missing posts, as I'd only made one.  That's probably more of an issue for members who've been here for a long time.  I just don't want my account to disappear again ;).

Anyway, thanks for looking into this :).
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Sorck

Sorry for the problems.

During our server move we transferred a copy of everything over to the new server before switching to using the new server. This therefore introduced a time delay of a day or so which accounted for that data being left behind.

The data should be moved back over to the forums in the next 24 hours. :)

Irisado

If that results in my old account reappearing, feel free to delete it, as I've made much more use of this one than that one.

Mabbz

Quote from: Sorck the Spork on July 24, 2012, 07:13:07 PM
Sorry for the problems.

During our server move we transferred a copy of everything over to the new server before switching to using the new server. This therefore introduced a time delay of a day or so which accounted for that data being left behind.

The data should be moved back over to the forums in the next 24 hours. :)
So... is it coming back or not? My posts haven't returned from that day, and it's been 3 days since you said 24 hours.

Sorck

Sorry, FT hasn't sorted them and I've not had much free time for the last few days.

The code to copy them over will need to be tested before I run it... And hopefully it won't break.  :-X

However it might take until tomorrow before I can perform the maintenance due to the London Olympic opening ceremony.