News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Orks Gone Wild! [The RP Thread]

Started by BigToof, December 12, 2012, 02:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigToof

--------------------------------------
Introduction: The Fall of Deneb Prime
--------------------------------------
To this day, the Administrum is still not entirely clear as to what caused the fall of Deneb Prime.
A flourishing Agricultural World far from the main trading lines, Deneb was a place of calm and stoic tranquility that made nary a mark of worth in the Administrum logbooks.

But that all changed on the 300th anniversary of the founding of the Brandywine Monarchy.

At the height of celebration, it was noted that a strange meteor had suddenly entered into the Deneb system, much to the curiosity of townsfolk and nobility alike.

It was perhaps, for this reason, that orbital defenses were not immediately trained on the wayward object, as it seemed to tumble through space with a clearly calculable trajectory, missing Deneb Prime handily.  Lord Brandywine himself had decreed that the meteor was a sign of good fortune and a gift from the Emperor himself.

He could not have been more wrong.

For the "meteor" was an Ork Rokk, fashioned by the Meks of Warboss Skullsplitta.

The records on the events that lead to Rokk-fall do not clearly delineate as to what caused the sudden change in the massive Ork-made object.  Some say that it was the change was made by the Rokk itself.  Some say that an errant Orbital laser caused the change.  Others say it was the will of greater powers.

But the results were the same.  The Rokk plummeted through the atmosphere, crashing and splintering with great abandon.  The sky darkened and the earth shuddered.

Though the people of Deneb Prime did not know it, the seeds of their destruction had been sewn.  And the fruit thereof would be both tragic and in its own way, darkly humourous.
---------------------

So, that's the intro!
I'm going to be putting out interludes here and there so you can all get the feeling of what you do.

First off, you are one of the few surviving Orks on the Rokk.

99.9% of the Orks (including the Warboss) are dead and done.

Write what you were doing (if you have it on a separate post, feel free to copy/paste it here), and then talk a bit about how you are staggering out of the rubble.

The first order of business will be no doubt determining who is in charge.  You all may discuss how this is to be done, and a leader should be decided upon soon, as the natives of Deneb Prime will be coming.

Also, take your first attribute check (in this case a wound check).  Roll either 'Ardness or Cunnin' to see if you were injured in Rokk-fall.  If you succeed, good for you, as you won't be Hurt.  Otherwise, you've taken some bumps and bruises.  The injuries will go with you to the first encounter.

If you have OOC questions, please feel free to post them in the OOC thread (former sign-up thread).

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

The Man They Call Jayne

'Edbusta dragged himself groggily out of the rubble. He felt like had been on the BigMeks homemade Squigbrew that he made in the Megadreds engine compartment. His immediate reaction was to assign blame. Obviously it was nuffin' to do wiv 'im and he had the Pole to prove it.

Checking himself over for injuries he was pleased to fine nothing of note actually wrong. Looking around, he couldnt see anyone else moving, or screaming in pain, so that probably ment he was the only one alive. That made him Da Boss! Good. He liked bein' Da Boss coz Da Boss got more teef and gubbins that the rest.

Now his only problem was how to wage a one Ork WARGH all by hisself. . .
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Mabbz

3d6=4

Ducktape looked at his surgery in annoyance. He'd paid good teeth to make the walls 'arder to stop those thievin' gits stealing his stuff, and now there was a huge lump of rock taking up all the space after coming through the roof! And it'd crushed his patient, and he hadn't started the dentistry yet. When he got his hands on whoever crashed the rokk, he'd give 'em one hell of a krumpin'.

The hole in his roof seemed to lead outside, since he could see sunlight through it. It was a good climb to get out, but he made it out. Wandering through the wreckage, Ducktape eventually saw another ork that wasn't dead. Good news was that Ducktape was bigger, bad news was that the other ork didn't look injured so he would get to do any surgery. He had teeth to replace.

The Man They Call Jayne

Hearing the rubble move behind him, 'Edbusta turned to see another Ork, a Doc by the look of 'im shambiling out into the light.

He quickly decided to make his new Bossness known.

"Oi ya git! We needs to find da ovas! Then we can gets dis WARGH back on track you 'ear me!"

He hefted his Pole and directed the other Ork to a likely section of rubble.

"Now I'm Da Boss in dese parts an' I reckon deres more boyz ova dere, so get to diggin'!"

Mabbz

Ducktape stared at da boy dat was yellin' at 'im. He was a bit smaller, but he did was a weirdboy by da look of it, so Ducky wondered if he should do as he was told.

Nah.

to hit: 7
to wound: 13. 'Edbusta is now hurt.

Ducktape ran straight at da weirdboy and thumped him in da face, sending dat upstart to da ground.

"Ya think you da boss?" Ducktape bellowed. "Ya got nuffin' on me, ya runt!"

BigToof

By the Throne... a fight for dominance within the first 10 posts.

I'm... I'm so proud...

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Will's on Fire

Zaag dragged himself from the rubble. Damn that crash had been a nightmare. At least it got rid of those other damn kommandos who thought they were sneaky. First things first Zaag started checking he had himself his knives. He'd be needing those.

"Wot's all this then?" He thought, "they'z already fightin'." He looked around for a hidin' spot and went to a patch of rubble.

The Man They Call Jayne

'Edbusta looked around as da voice of BigToof, echoed around the landscape. BigToof was the slightly less Cunnin' and Brutal cousin of Gork and Mork, and he seemed to have taken a personal interest in their plight.

Cunnin' 3d6 ? [5,1,4] = (10)

Right den! 'E wasn't gonna get knocked around by any Dok who din't wanna be looking for his 'ed in a box!

With a roar he called on the power of Da WARGH!

Roll for Rampage = 3d6 ? [5,3,2] = (10)
Roll to hit = 3d6 ? [1,3,3] = (7)
Roll to wound = 3d6 ? [6,4,1] = (11) REROLL = 3d6 ? [5,4,5] = (14)

With WARRGH power cracklin' along the unique Pole, 'Edbusta rose from the earth like the wrath of gods, Pole screaming through the air and taking Ducktapes legs out from under him.

"Yous damn right I'm Da Boss! I was 'ere first and I got's Da Pole to beat yer teef in if you wanna make somefing of it! Now you wana do dis all day or do you wanna find some more boyz and get on wiv a real WARGH!"

Wargamer

Cunnin' roll: 10.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3821796/

The piles of dead Orks all around him as he disembarked was proof, if more was needed, that Grotbolt was far more cunnin' than other Orks. Whereas the others had panicked about the crash and died, Grotbolt had reasoned thusly: Nobody ever died in a landing. Thus, as long as they managed to land the Rokk, rather than crashing it, he'd be fine. So, whilst everyone else crashed, Grotbolt decided that the Rokk had made a perfect, if a little bit bumpy landing, and walked away without a scratch. Most of his creations were smashed into little bits, but you couldn't expect a Trukk to understand this kind of high level thinking.

As he wandered over to the fighting, Grotbolt briefly wondered who was now in charge, given that most of the last Warboss was trying to make the Rokk go fasta. He quickly decided, after a brief internal debate, that it really wasn't important; he knew he was the brains of the outfit, so that made him the one who was really in charge.

"Oi! You lot! Why iz you fightin' an' hidin' when dere's lootin' to be done? Come on, ya' zoggers!" he paused to point to the shiniest bit of metal in line of sight. "Let's get grabbin' dat scrap before some Deffskull gits can get it first!"
I wrote a novel - Dreamscape: The Wanderer.. Available in paperback and pdf.

Quote from: Liberate the Warhammers
People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

Mabbz

Injury: 17
Injury re-roll (rampage affects me too, right?): 10

Ducktape rolled from 'Edbusta's blow, springing back up and leaping on the weirdboy.

Krumpin' (to hit): 8
Cunnin' (to wound): 11 (my cunning is 16, so I think that makes you maimed)

Wrestling him to the ground, Ducktape tried to break his arm, pausing only to yell obscenities at the newcomer.

BigToof

Rampage effects ALL Orks, so yes, you get re-rolls for your next turn (which is this turn).
Jayne will have to save at -2 or face having a not-so-great working arm.

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

The Man They Call Jayne

[Save from wound, 'Ardness test 3d6 ? [1,4,4] = (9)]
[Test for Power or Gork (or maybe Mork) at -1 3d6 ? [6,3,3] = (12)]
[Roll to 'it 3d6 ? [3,4,1] = (8)]
[Roll to wound 3d6 ? [4,4,4] = (12)]

Booting the Dok up the jacksy with his steel clad foot, 'Edbusta rolled and levered himself up with his Pole. Shaking his head clear he called on the WARGH again. 'E was gonna be Da Boss if it killed 'im!

WARGH lightning crackled along the Pole as he swung it into the Doks arm. He could always bolt it back on after all. . .

Railgun Convention

Somewhere in the sky above, a huge, black, smoky streak marked the descent path of the Rok. Out of it flew another black, smoky streak, which was making a droning sound. It fell rapidly towards the ground, pulling up at the last minute to reveal itself as a rather battered looking (saying a lot for an Ork contraption!) Dakkajet. It wooshed noisily over the heads of the fighting Orks, and crashed into the largest pile of rubble it could find.

3d6=14 against 10 - hurt!

After a few minutes, something collapsed, and a bloodied Ork stood blinking in the sunlight, lugging one of the wrecked craft's main cannons and an ammo belt. Upon seeing the fight taking place, he started traipsing towards it. Lurtz wozn't gonna be tryin' to take charge o' this lot - dere was a doc tuffer dan he woz! So instead, he wandered to a handy bench shaped piece of rubble and sat down, narrowly missin' sittin' on Zaag's head.
So how many crashes have I survived now?

Mabbz

Saving throw: 13

At the last moment, Ducktape caught the pole, stopping it dead. Fortunately he was wearing his surgical gloves; the rubber melted a bit, but saved him from a nasty shock. He shoved 'Edbusta back and was about to attack again when a dakkajet crashed nearby. The two of them watched for a moment as the pilot emerged and sat down next to the kommando.

Turning back to his rival, Ducktape had a thought. "'ere, wot was your name again?"

"'Edbusta."

"Right... listen. Dere's not dat many of us left alive. We need every one of da boys ready ta fight. If we kill each ovver over who gets ta be da boss, we lose one of da bestest fightas. I say we leave it for now, and whoever gets da most kills in da first fight we get into gets ta be da boss."

The Man They Call Jayne

'Edbusta considered it, and was forced to agree.

"Youse got a deal den. No point in krumpin' ya if theres gonna be more people ta fight soon! Anyway, i'm gonna need more boyz for me WARGH! So lets get to lootin' and just remember oo was in charge first around 'ere!"