News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Imperial Knight Rumors

Started by Unusual Suspect, February 15, 2014, 05:04:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unusual Suspect

Huh, this hasn't been posted yet here...

Bell of Lost Souls has rumored stats for the Imperial Knights that are said to be coming some time in March!

From other sources, I've heard 6 HP, as it isn't mentioned on the link.

Nasty, but are they worth the points?  Hard to say.

Not gunna stop me from converting models to represent them for my proxied Space Wolves, though.  :)
I you private dancer.

Kur'os

With luck, my Firebase Support Cadre will be worth the investment.  ^ ^

I'm certainly intrigued by the Knights, but I'm worried these will prove more durable than initial estimates.

-Kur'os

Unusual Suspect

If they are Super-Heavies, it will let them function at full capacity up until the very last hull point.

One point I've just now started considering is the Catastrophic Damage table that apparently ALL Super-Heavy Vehicles now utilize.  It makes destroying an Imperial Knight nearly as damaging as letting it live, if it manages to get close to your front line.  :-\
I you private dancer.

Narric

So We'll be expecting this in the next Imperial Guard or Space Marine Codex, right?

That 4+ Invul will be what keeps it alive, as you opponent can simple choose the most threatening flank to the Knight. You'd essentially have to bring units which can surrounding it evenly, and all be able to deal damage reliably.

Awkwardly, I can imagine this thing just swatting Fliers out of the air, which I guess is cool :P

CoffeeGrunt

Both the main armaments are Blasts, it won't do jack to Fliers...
The only constant in the universe is change; the Wise adapt.

Narric

Ah, true, but only if the Flyer is Zooming. As soon as that flyer drops to Hover mode, it can be targeted, like any other Skimmer.

Chances are these will have a weapon system for taking out fliers. More than likely not a main weapon, but possibly an upgrade to the Heavy Stubbers.

CoffeeGrunt

Hoping your opponent hovers his Flier probably won't work, especially if they're Chaos...

salamut2202

So, they're in a detatchment of their own? Like Forts, Allies, Inquisitors, Lords of War and Dataslates?

Unusual Suspect

Rumor has it they can be taken in two forms:  As a detachment, akin to the Inquisitor detachment, with 1-3 Knights, or as a primary detachment, with 3 or more Knights.
I you private dancer.

BigToof

I get the feeling that the Knights are GW's attempt to make super-heavies more palatable as they're less game-breaking without D-level guns yet offer a lot of support fire.
Still... I don't know, I have yet to find anyone who wants to play with escalation every battle...
Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

Unusual Suspect

They strike me as a sort of a "mea culpa" to Imperial players for all the MCs jumping and flying around, smashing poor baby walkers like Dreadnoughts to pieces.  Now theirs are bigger, have bigger guns, are vehicles, and are still more durable than an MC, smash those uppity MCs like Riptides to pieces while handing hordes their ass in CQC, and cost an arm in points and a leg in pounds.
I you private dancer.

The Man They Call Jayne

Imperial players already have access to brutal flyers that can deal serious damage for very few points. They don't NEED superheavy walkers on top of that.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Narric

So? :P Gotta make sure humanity has the coolest toys, regardles of races like Necrons and Eldar being incomprehensibly older and more advanced.

CoffeeGrunt

I wouldn't call Crons or Eldar weak, though.

These Knights aren't really all that scary, and the new IG Codex will probably change a lot of their dynamics. GW will almost definitely nerf the Vendetta.

The Man They Call Jayne

Id call it balancing the Vendetta is one of the most broken units in the game.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4