News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Old threads perpetually displaying as new

Started by Lord Sotek, August 02, 2012, 05:09:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Sotek

Aright guys, I've been trying to keep my cool but the forum is driving me batty!

It seems in just about every forum, there's at least one and sometimes several more threads at the bottom of each page that display as if there were new posts in the topic. No matter how many times I open the thread and read the post, no matter how many times I mark all topics read, no matter even if I try and mark the thread as unread in the hopes that then it'll fix itself and work properly again... it never changes. It stays there, flashing its orange "new posts" button at me insolently, and it's driving me to distraction.

Halp plz? :C
Quote from: Saulus on March 17, 2011, 06:16:56 PM
Often I hear delusional ramble like "I painted and collected my army as ultramarine tyranid hunters....but Pedro is really good, so now I'm using him, but I'm just going to call him Jimbob-Fistpumper, cause that fits with my

InsaneTD

Sorcks said he knows can't work out how to fix it. I told him not long after the changes. It's annoying me too.

Sorck

I think the following should fix it for you:

Go to http://secondsphere.org/index.php?action=unread;all;start=0
Click 'Mark all messages as read'

I believe that's what I did on my account. It basically wipes your unread topics list so make sure you've read all you wanted to read first. :)

Will's on Fire

InsaneTD

Didn't work for me either. Everything from June 30th and earlier is still showing as new.

Edit; Make that July 7th and earlier.

Sorck

Go to the forum home page and on the right hand side, near the bottom of the page, there is another 'mark all messages as read' button. That one should clear everything but I can't guarantee it.

Lord Sotek

Quote from: Saulus on March 17, 2011, 06:16:56 PM
Often I hear delusional ramble like "I painted and collected my army as ultramarine tyranid hunters....but Pedro is really good, so now I'm using him, but I'm just going to call him Jimbob-Fistpumper, cause that fits with my

InsaneTD

That's not working for me nor is the mark read button in each board. I told you about this when you shuffled the board around and you couldn't figure it then either.

Irisado

I've also tried both options in the past, and they haven't cleared those new flags for the dates in question.

Maybe it's something that the technical gurus over at the SMF community forum could help with?
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Sorck

Quote from: Irisado on August 04, 2012, 09:38:19 PM
I've also tried both options in the past, and they haven't cleared those new flags for the dates in question.

Maybe it's something that the technical gurus over at the SMF community forum could help with?
I have a feeling it's caused by our read topics table not having been updated properly (namely I emptied them when we rebuilt our topics table so SMF didn't update them).

I'm already submitting code to the SMF rewrite (smCore 3) so I should know the code pretty much inside out in a few months. :P

Irisado

Yes, that was a bit tactless, I apologise.  I didn't mean to imply that you would not have a good enough grasp of the code.  My thinking was just that more heads might solve the problem more quickly :).
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente