News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Mass Effect: The Council RPG (Mechanics and Rules)

Started by Rarity Declis, June 01, 2012, 08:41:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El ShasOcho

Quote from: Lee Lee Declis on August 06, 2010, 03:14:38 AM
Although, it must be said, one should always have a Fantasy in

Rarity Declis

Nope, you're a neutral race. You'll have to ask if you can become a Council Member in the roleplay, and then wait until next turn for voting.

Rarity Declis

Turn 3 War Results:
(Please note: Taxes, training, recruitment and so on shall be resolved tomorrow night. These results are regarding the battles. A lot happened this turn.)

Already Resolved Council Votes:
1) Cerberus has purchased a Battleship for 300,000 Credits, at the Citadel.
2) First Council Fleet initiative approved. 810,000 Credits are spent. 1 Battleship, 2 Destroyers, 4 Cruisers are purchased and built at the Citadel, and ready for orders. These are nominally under the command of Spectre Maria.
3) The Council has approved negotiations to begin on the Quarians and Geth to begin settlement talks. These are non-negotiable.
4) The Quarians have had their Outlaw status removed, and are now a Neutral Race of the Council.

Southern Front (Rachni):

Cerberus Taskforce 1 and the Geth Second Fleet were shocked by the utter withdrawal of their allies, leaving them alone in the face of the approaching Rachni army.

Commander Williams and the Geth-Commander agreed that one thing was certain: Not a single Rachni would escape their Fleets. The Geth Second Fleet held the line, using the ability to think and reach a consensus fast to react quicker than mere organics. As such, they lost a lot of paintwork, but all their ships remained active.

Commander Williams of Cerberus Taskforce 1, however, harassed the flanks whenever the Rachni grew close to overwhelming the Geth forces. At a particularly large thrust by the Rachni to break through, Commander Williams ordered the Geth and the 2 Cruisers under his command to get away as the wounded Destroyer he commanded made a suicide run, breaking the Rachni morale and making them withdraw.

The newly promoted Commander Stephens took command, and the Geth involved in the fight were voluntarily painted in yellow and black stripes to commerate the death of Williams. The Geth and Cerberus forces grew closer as they knew that the Rachni would soon return, and they would fight, alone if needs be.

The line was held. Just.

The Northern Flank (Ground forces):

On the moons of Janiri, in the same system as Thessia, the forces of the Council waited. A mighty Asari host awaited, numbering nearly 400,000 soldiers, and another 200,000 Quarians also stood nervously, but confidently. A taskforce of Geth also waited. Spectre-Candidate T'sunde was in command of the group forces- Spectre Maria was in command of the Fleets, where she felt the battle would be decided.

The Krogan are nothing if not lovers of fighting with shotgun and fist, and rather than plunge directly towards their objective, met the Council Force on the moons. If numbers decided it, it was nearly 3:2 in the Council's favour.

The battle began in earnest, a full continent of warriors fighting amongst cities. Over the three days of fighting, the Asari forces were being slaughtered by the Krogan. The Asari were targeted, their race hunted. As they were the majority force, and proud, they fought the Krogan directly. Where once over 400,000 Asari stood, only 32,000 remained. It was a disaster, the greatest loss of life in three days in Council history, and the largest tragedy in the history of the Asari.

More distressingly were the Quarians, who fought and over a quarter of the invading forces, and held many of the defences alone. However, many stumbled or couldn't put enough force behind their spears- it seemed as if they were weakened, poisoned perhaps. However, this was not enough to kill them, and on the moon of Janiri, the Quarians hold most of the areas on the moon, numbering near 230,000.

The 10,000 Geth fought to hold the lines behind the battle, dragging wounded Asari out of the way. However, there were few medics, and many Asari died in that cold, lifeless place.

Nearly half of the enemy survived, however, the Asari managed to number them- only 250,000 Krogan remain on Janiri, and their attack was losing steam. But this moon would be a warzone for a while.

Spectre Candidate T'sunde survived, and continues to lead what is left of the Asari military.

Spectre Maria was in command of the Fleets, where she felt the true battle would be taking place. A mighty Asari fleet, supplemented by the Quarians and Geth matched the Mercernaries.

They shot down a few of them before they made planet-fall, but most of them survived to fight on the planet. Maria wished them luck, and started the business of winning this battle for her race and the Council.

The Geth, hunting on the flanks, took the honour of destroying one of the Battleships, without losing a ship in return.

The Asari, under the command of the Spectre, began to encircle the enemy Fleet and stop them from trying to get to another world. The Cruiser even destroyed a ship, and the enemy were contained.

The real Fleet surged forward, commanded by Admiral Yus'lim Mal, and began it's bloody reaping. Destroying a great portion of the enemy Fleet, boarders began the process of reclaiming it for the Migrant Fleet even as the battle raged on.

That said, most worrying were the 2 Destroyers that were lost. Admiral Yus'lim furious denies it being an acceptable loss of war, and that their shields had flickered on the exact moment they were destroyed by enemy fire. "Something was wrong" she had shouted to her bridge, as her missiles had proven to be less effective than expected.

That said, there was no denying that the Quarians had given the Asari a great victory in space, and even if the enemy Fleet had not yet retreated, the fight in space was over and the Quarians would soon win them all.

Mercernary Fleet: 1 Battleship, 2 Destroyers, 8 Cruisers left.

Salarians:
Mostly uneventful, in terms of war.

Council Resources:
Spectres: Maria, Asari (2 other Candidates as well)

First Council Fleet:
Commander Maria, Spectre (currently on Thessia battlefront)
1 Battleship, 2 Destroyers, 4 Cruisers

Mabbz

The Geth came out of that pretty well, not losing anything. I have to admit, I feel almost embarrassed about only contributing 10,000 troops to the ground war of the several hundred thousand soldiers we had. Also a little annoyed that I didn't get online in time to even vote on the Rannoch negotiations. How does that work, by the way? Should I deal with it in PMs to Will?

Rarity Declis

Sadly, the others voted yes and it was resolved. Welcome to democracy.

Regarding the negotiations, I'm thinking that you do it in the roleplay. No one said it was only you two; others may have an opinion. That said, if you want to do it privately, remember to message me so I can chip in with what can work in terms of rules.

Mabbz

I would like to have my battleship at Rannoch pick up 5000 Lv 2 Geth destroyers from Rannoch, before moving to the Citadel to pick up another 5000 Lv 2 Geth destroyers and 10,000 Lv 1 platforms, then moving to Hazza to pick up 80,000 Lv 1 platforms (which I believe fills my transport capacity) and finally dropping them all off at Thessia. I have no idea how long this would take, considering how many stops I've got that ship making.

Rarity Declis

The rules are updated to make things simpler and more stream-lined, as well as more information to make things easier.

I shall be resending all of you your current info in the new set-up.

The good points:
More streamlined ===> More updating on my part ===> More fun for you guys.
More understanding on your part ===> Better and faster decisions ===> More updating on my part ====> More fun for you guys

UPDATE:

If I have missed any orders, that is because there are a lot. To help this, in terms of this thread (not PM's, so don't worry there), I will be listening to only the FIRST POST that turn from each of you regarding building, training, taxing, etc. Go back and modify it rather than add new things. Discussion is fine, this is only in regards to orders.

Rarity Declis

TURN 3:

The war on Janiri, near Thessia, continues.

The Rachni continue to attack.

The threat of the Mercs continues.

Plans are set in motion.

Council Stats:

Council Resources: 600,695 Credits.
Spectres: Maria, Asari

First Council Fleet:
Commander Maria, Spectre
1 Battleship, 2 Destroyers, 4 Cruisers
(Currently stationed at the Citadel)

The Man They Call Jayne

The Asari will continue construction of the new ships and research will be performed on Thessia into new shielding and weaponary.

Recruitment will be high and taxation normal.

The existing Asari Fleet will continue to defend Thessia along with the allied fleets.

All Asari Colonies will send help to speed up the construction of the new fleet.

Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Rarity Declis

Orders are getting resolved tonight, just letting everyone know.

Will's on Fire

Migrant Fleet:

Recruitment: Normal

Taxing: Normal.

Research: My research team shall try and discover the cause for our Quarians seeming poisoning on the moon, and the fleet shielding problem.

Will send a message with how the fleet is organised. Of course they are continuing finishing off this merc fleet and my ground troops will continue to fight the mercs on the moon.

El ShasOcho

Recruitment and taxation normal on all fronts. All planets work on research.

Quote from: Lee Lee Declis on August 06, 2010, 03:14:38 AM
Although, it must be said, one should always have a Fantasy in

Mabbz

Normal recruitment and taxation on all worlds.

Rannoch research ship to ship guns, Citadel and Hazza build destroyers.

With regards to putting forward a spectre, do I have to invent someone for the role, or do you tell me when a suitable candidate is found? Also, I think the Geth would consider trying to create a new platform specifically to be a spectre (after it has undergone 'field testing' to prove that it is suitable), much like they made Legion to operate independently to the rest of the Geth. If that's reasonable, I'll do that.

Rarity Declis

I think Geth-Commander is a perfectly capable set of Geth that has been functioning independent enough to work with Cerberus, and has been performing extremely well on the Rachni Front.

That said, I think creating a Legion-esque body like you suggested would be great! We'll have you start building it as soon as possible.

Rarity Declis

With the possible inclusion of a new player, I'm going to hold off finishing this turn so we can add him as smoothly as possible. I'll be doing it as soon about lunch time.