News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Tau codex??!

Started by Warptide, March 30, 2013, 06:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warptide

Congrats, guys! The website's patron faction has finally got a new codex! I never thought I would see the day.

:pie:

The Man They Call Jayne

It has been a long time coming.

Seems to be the first codex with a serious amount of AA too. Definatly looking forward to that.

Not looking forward to the hordes of new Tau players who are only playing them because they are the newest codex though.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Raving Bonkers

I can't wait for the release. Pre-ordered the codex as Tau were my first 40k army.

GreaterGoodNewZealand

I can't wait for this. It seems like it'll be just before my 21st so I know where my money is going after that..... I love the Tau, and I'm especially liking the new commander suit
I wrote a tabletop war game! It can be found here  http://thatkiwiguy.wordpress.com/2011/07/20/5/ -  if people wish to read the rules. Still working on some of the factions and most of the background.

KCKitsune

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on March 30, 2013, 06:42:11 PM
It has been a long time coming.

Seems to be the first codex with a serious amount of AA too. Definatly looking forward to that.

Not looking forward to the hordes of new Tau players who are only playing them because they are the newest codex though.

Not me.  I've been with the Tau from the VERY beginning.  It is pretty much my only army.  I do have Space Wolves, but I need to rebuild them after selling off a number of models years ago to help pay for things like my car and gas.
From the Makers of Lemon Flavored Kitten souls, comes the newest in Taste Sensations... Mutant Evil Sauce(tm)*!

Mutant Evil Sauce is Good(tm) on EVERYTHING

* == Evil Snacks Inc is not responsible for any uncontrolled outbreaks of flesh eating zombies

SILK

Pre Ordered the Codex, Riptide and the farsight Enclave shoulder pads.

salamut2202

I am so happy, I have 6th edition army!

Wargamer

I can remember when Tau did not exist. Hopefully they'll be less of a Star Wars / Anime ripoff this time around. :P
I wrote a novel - Dreamscape: The Wanderer.. Available in paperback and pdf.

Quote from: Liberate the Warhammers
People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Quote from: Wargamer on March 31, 2013, 03:17:32 PM
I can remember when Tau did not exist. Hopefully they'll be less of a Star Wars / Anime ripoff this time around. :P
They're getting a giant mecha. :P

In a way I'm looking forward to this codex, because I'm hoping that it'll be a sensible codex and thus redeem Vetock for the Dark Angels foul up. However I'm also dreading it because from what I've heard this codex will pretty much be the final nail in the coffin of my participation as a gamer so I'm hoping some of the rumours are exaggerated or wrong.
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

SILK

I remember when you were able to fight with three weapons, now you apparently have no arms or legs ;)

Dra'Tuisisch-Novae

Quote from: SILKiam on March 31, 2013, 10:58:03 PM

I remember when you were able to fight with three weapons, now you apparently have no arms or legs ;)

Can we get a 'like' button for posts like this?
[Bender]I'm back baby![/Bender]

InsaneTD

Quote from: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on March 31, 2013, 03:49:07 PM
They're getting a giant mecha. :P

In a way I'm looking forward to this codex, because I'm hoping that it'll be a sensible codex and thus redeem Vetock for the Dark Angels foul up. However I'm also dreading it because from what I've heard this codex will pretty much be the final nail in the coffin of my participation as a gamer so I'm hoping some of the rumours are exaggerated or wrong.
Can I have your armies then?

Can't wait. Just wish the codex didn't cost so much. :(

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Quote from: Tybalt Defet on April 03, 2013, 09:42:01 AM
Can I have your armies then?

Can't wait. Just wish the codex didn't cost so much. :(
If you can pay a sensible amount for them and cover the postage, sure. ;)

From what I've seen of the codex so far I'm really not impressed. For instance: Why are Kroot hounds suddenly both better and cheaper than bloody Hormagaunts???

Mkoll wins.

[img]http

The Man They Call Jayne

Because this isn't 5th edition anymore and the times they are a-changin'?
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on April 03, 2013, 08:05:04 PM
Because this isn't 5th edition anymore and the times they are a-changin'?
Thank you Captain Obvious. :P However that's no justification for a shootng-based codex suddenly having better, cheaper combat units than one which mainly focuses on combat. Even given the different priorities in the codexes I could live with cheaper or better. Both is taking the bloody piss. Throw in the (in my opinion) undercosted Riptide, the supporting Overwatch and Fireblade being so cheap that the only way to come close to justifying it is if he comes with absolutely no equipment and pretty much the entire thing looks like yet another cheddar farm.

Mkoll wins.

[img]http