News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

First Tau 6th Edition FAQ up

Started by Pottsey, June 30, 2012, 10:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pottsey

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?catId=cat440134a&categoryId=1000018&section=&pIndex=1&aId=3400019&start=2&multiPageMode=true

EDIT:
We seem to have a major buff to night fight. blacksunfilter gives Night version which seems to fully ignored night fight and if I am reading the rules correctly only 1 member of a team needs nightversion and the whole team gets it. yah x3 Broadside squads all shooting via the team leaders blacksunfilter.

Not sure I understand bonding Knife rule.

Wow my biggest complaint has been fixed. Stealth Units with stealth generators now have the Stealth rule. On top of shrouded as well. But more useless wargear. Target locks no longer do anything?

The Man They Call Jayne

Hmmm, its a start.

What is shrouded though? Actually having stealth now is nice.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

InsaneTD

Couple interesting things there. The one that really caught my eye was the bit about markerlights in overwatch and not being able to use the counter to fire a missile. That suggests we can use them to boost BS or do other things in overwatch. Makes Network markers worth their weight in gold if that's the case.

Mabbz

Target locks are gone, apparantly. Anyone know why?

Also:
QuoteQ. If a unit with advanced stabilisation systems also has marker drones, can the drones remain stationary to fire their markerlights while the battlesuits move using the advanced stabilisation systems? (p25)

A. Yes
I haven't seen anything about this in the rumours pages, does this mean they're basing whether a model has moved or not on the individual model instead of te unit now?

Pottsey

Quote from: Tybalt Defet on June 30, 2012, 12:05:11 PM
Couple interesting things there. The one that really caught my eye was the bit about markerlights in overwatch and not being able to use the counter to fire a missile. That suggests we can use them to boost BS or do other things in overwatch. Makes Network markers worth their weight in gold if that's the case.
Not too sure myself. Networked drones are 30points a drone and the markerlight itself has to hit on BS 1. I am more curious about do target Arrays work for snap fire.

Pottsey

Am I reading it wrong or does the Tau FAQ contradict itself. One bit says you get cover saves against Smart missiles if you touch the object. Another bit says you only get cover saves that are not based on line of sight.

EDIT: It seems drones have been nerfed and they no longer have Stealth when used in Stealth teams?

Ryan Thunder

Quote from: Mabbz on June 30, 2012, 02:34:05 PM
Maybe they're bringing back Long Fang Devastators and wanted to give us an extra good screwing just in case.
"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

"Forgive you? Of course I forgive you. That is your god's function. Your crime is forgiven. However, your stupidity requires a response." - Leto Atreides II, God Emperor of Dune

Ryan Thunder

I like this format though. Straight to the point with concrete modifications. ;D
"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

"Forgive you? Of course I forgive you. That is your god's function. Your crime is forgiven. However, your stupidity requires a response." - Leto Atreides II, God Emperor of Dune

InsaneTD

Quote from: Pottsey on June 30, 2012, 03:37:29 PM
EDIT: It seems drones have been nerfed and they no longer have Stealth when used in Stealth teams?
I didn't see that in the FAQ, what gave you that idea?

Pottsey

Quote from: Tybalt Defet on June 30, 2012, 11:08:47 PM
Quote from: Pottsey on June 30, 2012, 03:37:29 PM
I didn't see that in the FAQ, what gave you that idea?
The FAQ says replace the stealth generator text entry with

Carrelio

Stealth gets transfered to the unit joined by a model with stealth, like how the commisar with stealth pants gives a gaurd mob a cover save.

knightperson

Quote from: Mabbz on June 30, 2012, 02:34:05 PM

No, and to be honest it's pissing me off! Can somebody point out a way that this is not a blatant slap in the face to the Tau? Like the fact that Relentless already grants the split-fire ability, or that Jetpack does? Why take such a fundamental ability of the Tau battlesuits away from them? This makes no sense to me at all. Even if nobody else in the game can split fire with wargear, it's a shooting ability, and the Tau are (supposed to be) the shootingist army out there, so they should have a trick or two that nobody else can do.

Also:
QuoteQ. If a unit with advanced stabilisation systems also has marker drones, can the drones remain stationary to fire their markerlights while the battlesuits move using the advanced stabilisation systems? (p25)

A. Yes
I haven't seen anything about this in the rumours pages, does this mean they're basing whether a model has moved or not on the individual model instead of te unit now?

I believe so. Cover saves are also based on individual model now, rather than by squad.
Cured of what I'm suffering from, but suffering from the cure.

InsaneTD

Did they increase unit coherence to go with it?

Pottsey

Quote from: Carrelio on July 01, 2012, 02:06:27 AM
Stealth gets transfered to the unit joined by a model with stealth, like how the commisar with stealth pants gives a gaurd mob a cover save.
Wow that

Naser Al-Istikhara Cyrus

Quote from: Pottsey on July 01, 2012, 07:37:38 AM
Quote from: Carrelio on July 01, 2012, 02:06:27 AM
Wow that
Quote from: Narric on August 15, 2011, 12:09:07 AM
You make it sound like it could be wearing a top-hat and monocle, but for the sole reason it'd have been painted by Gareth that it would still look terrifying........I have to say I agree. XD
Quote from: Greg Mun