News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

First Tau 6th Edition FAQ up

Started by Pottsey, June 30, 2012, 10:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unusual Suspect

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on July 11, 2012, 12:24:05 AM
Yep. Stealth teams are now pretty damn awesome. If the Night Fight rules come in to effect they become largely untouchable until you are within 12".

They gain no benefit unless beyond 36".  Shrouded and Stealth will not stack with itself, methinks...
I you private dancer.

KCKitsune

Quote from: Unusual Suspect on July 11, 2012, 01:45:33 AMThey gain no benefit unless beyond 36".  Shrouded and Stealth will not stack with itself, methinks...
Sorry, US, it DOES stack.  Look it up on page 41 of the rule book... here is the exact quote:

"Cover save bonuses from the Shrouded and Stealth special rule are cumulative (to a maximum of a 2+ cover save)"
From the Makers of Lemon Flavored Kitten souls, comes the newest in Taste Sensations... Mutant Evil Sauce(tm)*!

Mutant Evil Sauce is Good(tm) on EVERYTHING

* == Evil Snacks Inc is not responsible for any uncontrolled outbreaks of flesh eating zombies

Unusual Suspect

Quote from: KCKitsune on July 11, 2012, 02:59:13 AM
Quote from: Unusual Suspect on July 11, 2012, 01:45:33 AMThey gain no benefit unless beyond 36".  Shrouded and Stealth will not stack with itself, methinks...
Sorry, US, it DOES stack.  Look it up on page 41 of the rule book... here is the exact quote:

"Cover save bonuses from the Shrouded and Stealth special rule are cumulative (to a maximum of a 2+ cover save)"

Show me where it says you can gain the Shrouded and Stealth special rules twice, and I'll concede.  Until it says it can be done, I'm going to assume it cannot.
I you private dancer.

Narric

US, in the Tau FAQ & Errata, Stealthfield generators were re-written to simply confer the Stealth and Shroud USR.

I may not have the rulebook in front of me yet, but I trust the chaps who do, so Stealth Suits have a 4+ Cover Saver MINIMUM anywhere on the board.

Unusual Suspect

Quote from: Narric on July 11, 2012, 06:42:13 AM
US, in the Tau FAQ & Errata, Stealthfield generators were re-written to simply confer the Stealth and Shroud USR.

I may not have the rulebook in front of me yet, but I trust the chaps who do, so Stealth Suits have a 4+ Cover Saver MINIMUM anywhere on the board.

I think I perhaps was misinterpreted, and misinterpreted in turn.

To clarify.

1.  Shroud and Stealth stack.  This is not in contention at all.  Says so clearly in the core rulebook.

2.  Stealth does not benefit from an additional application of Stealth, and Shrouding does not benefit from an additional application of Shrouding.  I'm assuming this is not in contention.

3.  Night Fight's conferred bonus defenses, when within 36" but beyond 12", gain either Stealth or Shrouding, while a stealth suit already has both Stealth and Shrouding from their Stealth Field Generator.

4.  Thus, a Stealth Squad does not benefit from Night Fighting unless they are more than 36" away.

My earlier comment about "not stacking with itself" was, upon reflection, an apparently unclear version of statement 2.  If my response didn't make sense, I apologize and hope the context clears things up.  Sorry for the confusion.
I you private dancer.