News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

6th Edition WTFs?

Started by BigToof, July 02, 2012, 09:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soundwave

Could you elaborate on the Bs thing. The only thing ive read so far is that you cannot fire a seeker missile off during overwatch but have seen no indication that one cannot fire a marker itself or use it for any other purpose.

Pottsey

Even if marker lights can shoot it would not work as +1BS is overridden by overwatch. The same reason target arrays do not work.

I also think long range tanks are harder to kill now. Pre measuring means you can much easier stay outside enemy weapon range and you only need 25% of the tank behind a building to get cover which can be as good as 3+. Short range tanks on the other hand die much faster.

Chicop76

Quote from: Soundwave on July 10, 2012, 03:10:25 PM
Could you elaborate on the Bs thing. The only thing ive read so far is that you cannot fire a seeker missile off during overwatch but have seen no indication that one cannot fire a marker itself or use it for any other purpose.

That's what I got out of it too. Still doing a lot of reading to get up to speed.

Unusual Suspect

Quote from: Soundwave on July 10, 2012, 03:10:25 PM

The issue with raising the BS with Markerlights is due to the order of operations when considering modifications to characteristics.  First, you multiply.  Next, you make any additions.  Finally, you set the characteristics to any absolute value.

Snap Shots, the sort of shooting attack one does for Overwatch, is always made at BS 1, and thus falls into the third category and, consequently, the last step.  Any Markerlight boosts would have occurred in the second step, and been wiped out.

Now, there is no restriction on the negation of cover saves, the lowering of Pinning tests, and the negation of Night Fighting penalties.  This means that any Markerlight hits can be used for these purposes.

HOWEVER, as stated in the Markerlight entries in our codex, ONLY networked Markerlights are able to be used by the unit that produces it.  This means that, for any unit with a non-networked Markerlight (An upgraded Shas'ui Fire Warrior could be a good example), though they could fire the markerlight, their unit could NOT utilize that ML Counter in any way.  They are proscribed by the codex's Markerlight entry.

Due to all Shooting being simultaneous, I'm fairly certain even a second squad (in the case of a Multiple Charge) would similarly be proscribed... but I haven't read it in enough detail to be sure.

Hope that answers the question!
I you private dancer.

Soundwave

Thanks! that explains it all quite nicely in just the format I like. Detailed.  Most helpful :D

Tactical Genius

Little buff i have noticed. you can now assult out of a drop pod as it has the assult vehicle special rule.
"OI, Close the skylight"
Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on Today at 08:10:48 PM
His fail is always spelling, and grammer. Verbally he has a fine grip of the queens English, but ask him to write it down and hes like Iron Man in a magnet factory.

InsaneTD

What speed to Deep Striking vehicles count as moving in this addition?

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Quote from: Tactical Genius on July 11, 2012, 10:06:24 AM
Little buff i have noticed. you can now assult out of a drop pod as it has the assult vehicle special rule.

Interesting point. If it counted as moving more than 6" you wouldn't be able to disembark. Going to have to look more closely at the drop pod rules I think.
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

The Man They Call Jayne

Doesnt deepstrike count as cruising speed? ie, MORE than 6 inches?
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on July 11, 2012, 02:48:30 PM
Doesnt deepstrike count as cruising speed? ie, MORE than 6 inches?
That's what I thought. If that were the case though you wouldn't be able to disembark on the turn the drop pod lands.

Mkoll wins.

[img]http

loeldrad

So if that's all correct The turn they deepstrike they are still within the pod and their following player turn they can disembark, move, shoot, and assault?

Where as if they lacked the "assault" rule they would only get to disembark, move and shoot in that second turn?

InsaneTD

Seem that way. Does vehicle destroyed still hurt those inside? Cause drop pods aren't hard to destroy.

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Just confirmed with a friend of mine who has the rule book, the drop pod rules specifically state that a unit disembarks as soon as the drop pod lands but nothing can charge on the turn it arrives from reserves regardless of how it does so, unless it has the Heroic Intervention special rule.

Mkoll wins.

[img]http

Tactical Genius

That is incorrect. if you refer to the rules for the lucius pattern drop pod it states the turn it arrives from deepsrike states that the drop pod is an assult vehice and a model within it my assult the turn it arives from deepstrike. now with these new rules the regular drop pod now also has the assult vehicle special rule so surley they are the same?
"OI, Close the skylight"
Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on Today at 08:10:48 PM
His fail is always spelling, and grammer. Verbally he has a fine grip of the queens English, but ask him to write it down and hes like Iron Man in a magnet factory.

The Man They Call Jayne

The Lucius pattern is not the normal pattern. It is designed to get a Dread into enemy lines fast and Dreadnoughts can assault and shoot and so on all the time. The special rule on the Lucius is so they can still assault after deepstriking, which you normally cannot do. Unless the FAQ specifically states that you can assault on deepstrike from a normal Drop Pod, you can't.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4