News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Plastic Thunderhawk on the Horizon

Started by Begel Dverl, March 29, 2013, 04:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Begel Dverl

From Faeit 212:

The mythical beast of 40k, the plastic Thunderhawk has a new possible sighting, the last page of the latest White Dwarf. This definitely is a Thunderhawk, or something similar, but the question is..... is it the that magical creature we have been searching for?

The roar of engines, the recoil of cannons, that is where the true joy of battle lies

Well, it definitely is not a Stormraven, and at first glance has a different look than the Forgeworld varieties we currently have. With an apocalypse updated 6th edition release sitting ahead of us, anything is possible. I will let the speculation and conspiracies begin.

A huge thanks to the Wolfspider for sending this in from his own copy of April's White Dwarf

Dra'Tuisisch-Novae

Oh my...

Well, from a cursory comparison to the Forge World version, it doesn't seem to have suffered from the same uglification as the plastic Baneblade, though the front cockpit windows feel slightly disproportionate somehow. We'll have to wait for more pictures, I guess.

Thanks for digging this up!
[Bender]I'm back baby![/Bender]

Begel Dverl

Quote from: Dra'Tuisisch-Novae on March 30, 2013, 12:11:10 AM
Oh my...

Well, from a cursory comparison to the Forge World version, it doesn't seem to have suffered from the same uglification as the plastic Baneblade, though the front cockpit windows feel slightly disproportionate somehow. We'll have to wait for more pictures, I guess.

Thanks for digging this up!
Thanks! The guys on www.dakkadakka.com think that its just the FW one all painted up nice.

Dra'Tuisisch-Novae

Really? Huh, I could swear the cockpit windows were bigger and the main cannon was smaller. Shows what a difference the paint can make.
[Bender]I'm back baby![/Bender]

The Allfather

I think it's just the perspective. I just looked at the FW one and they're exactly the same.