News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Old One Eye (Pic Heavy)

Started by Vyper, June 17, 2012, 07:45:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vyper

Well here is my take on Old One Eye. The model itself is nothing special, its made from the standard Carnifex kit, painted in Behemoth colours, but with red carapace edging/dry-brushing as oppose to blue. The skin is a mix of Blood Red and Scab Red, with a Baal Red wash.

Front:

Left:

Right:

Exposed Skull:

Skull Edging:

Carapace Dry-brushing:

Base (I make all my bases now with this grass plains style):

C&C is welcome. :)

Will's on Fire

Looks pretty solid from where I am!

The edge highlighting is subtle, perhaps could do being slightly brighter in my opinion.

The claws, and the "blades" (Can't think of a better description) look a tad like you've forgotten about them though, maybe could do with some grey edge highlighting or something just to add some definition to them.

Great work!

- Will

Vyper

Quote from: Will Vas Fire on June 17, 2012, 07:55:49 PM
Looks pretty solid from where I am!

The edge highlighting is subtle, perhaps could do being slightly brighter in my opinion.

The claws, and the "blades" (Can't think of a better description) look a tad like you've forgotten about them though, maybe could do with some grey edge highlighting or something just to add some definition to them.

Great work!

- Will

I was considering making them look more 'bone-like', if that's the correct phrase. Maybe to set them apart from the rest of the carapace. :P

EDIT: Fixed the skull picture...

Will's on Fire

Quote from: Sanguinius on June 17, 2012, 08:03:24 PM
I was considering making them look more 'bone-like', if that's the correct phrase. Maybe to set them apart from the rest of the carapace. :P

Yeah thats a much better idea. I thought this was a finished idea, so you were aiming for the black. :P

Should be good!

- Will

Vyper

Quote from: Will Vas Fire on June 17, 2012, 08:36:58 PM
Quote from: Sanguinius on June 17, 2012, 08:03:24 PM

Yeah thats a much better idea. I thought this was a finished idea, so you were aiming for the black. :P

Should be good!

- Will

Originally all the carapace was going to be solid black, sort of like a beetle shell, but having looked at the finished models, it kind of does look under inspiring.  :-\

The claws do actually have some grey highlighting and the talons have veeeeeeery fine red edging (you can see it on the skull piccy).

Thantos

Nice one ;D Reminds me i still have the 3rd ed One Eye in my draw to paint :P
You going to leave the base rim that colour? May be cool to do it dark green or brown?

Grats on taking advantage of Bonus Karma Fortnight! ;)

Vyper

Quote from: Thantos on June 18, 2012, 06:25:46 PM
Nice one ;D Reminds me i still have the 3rd ed One Eye in my draw to paint :P
You going to leave the base rim that colour? May be cool to do it dark green or brown?

Grats on taking advantage of Bonus Karma Fortnight! ;)

I'm honestly considering redoing all my nids, watch this space. :P