News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

New Eldar Stuff (PICS)

Started by Begel Dverl, May 19, 2013, 02:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Man They Call Jayne

My CSM and Tau are both fine. But I keep mine in a rule bag between other books anyway.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Irisado

I'm happy, because there's nothing I want bar the codex, so I'll be saving plenty of money.  The most disturbing thing about the price changes, in my view, is that five Dire Avengers are now the same cost as ten used to be in the old pack.

The pre-order pictures really don't inspire me.  The Farseer is good, but still can't beat the original model from 1990, so I'll stick to using that, the Spiritseer's pose is terrible, the Wraithknight still looks awful, and I don't field Wraithguard, so I've no need of those.  All great news for my bank balance :).
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Begel Dverl

The only good thing of the release, in my humble opinion, would be the Wraithlord.

The only thing stopping me from actually getting one at the store is that $115 price-tag  :'(

Arkitek

Holy crap, I bought mine for like $45, and that was too much, in my opinion!
"Of course I forgive you. That is your god's function. Your crime is forgiven. However, your stupidity requires a response." - Leto Atreides II, God Emperor of Dune

Tom

Quote from: Arkitek on May 29, 2013, 04:20:00 AM
Holy crap, I bought mine for like $45, and that was too much, in my opinion!
He meant the Wraithknight, not Wraithlord. I don't believe you managed to get one of the former for $45. (If you did I want one too!)

I generally like the new releases.
- Illic Nightspear is going to inspire me to paint a whole squad of pathfinders to go with him.
- New wraithguard look excellent and I think they're even big enough to magnetize their options.
- Plastic Farseer is really nice and I'm imagining all sorts of conversion opportunities.
- At first I thought the nose of the Wraithfighter/Crimson Hunter ruined it because it's a break from the pincer-like shape the other Eldar fliers have but I've changed my mind. I think it's more original and gives the Eldar fighter a more different look to the Razorwing than it might otherwise have had. I don't think I like the idea behind the Wraithfighter but I do like the Crimson Hunter as a new Aspect.
- Wraithknight I'd prefer just to have the Revenant Titan in apocalypse and leave this giant out of standard 40k but I think it's an awesome model.

I too don't think the wraithseerspiritseer is a particularly good sculpt. I hadn't had a good think about the hand until Thantos pointed it out but I'd noticed the solid robes. I know you shouldn't be able to see that unless you're looking at the model from underneath but I think it's the sort of thing you'd have expected with an old metal cast where the technology had trouble with too many ins and outs on a model.

Must say I'm also disappointed not to see new Spiders and Jetbikes... yet....

BUT I'm happy... I've been playing Eldar since the last Codex was released and I'm excited to see how the new one turns out.

Unusual Suspect

People keep referring to a new Wraithseer model... Are they referring to the Spiritseer?

Because the only Wraithseer I'm aware of is this model from Forgeworld.
I you private dancer.

Tom

I think you know the answer to that question - Yes.

Pilum

For what it's worth, I think the new aircraft are quite pretty. Wasn't going to get one (people I know don't usually play with flyers) but it was the day after pay day and the pic on the box looked good! The Hemlock looks really nice photo-wise (I think it's the single upright fin that does it) but after messing about with blu-tac I went for the Hunter. The twin fins just grew on me! Not massively sure about the secondary fins (can I still call them canards in that location?) just behind the cockpit but looking at it nose-on it... kinda works. Really easy to put together too.

If I was going to complain I'd say that the wings are a little *too* angled downward, both from an aesthetic and practical view (transport and storage - i know a guy who takes a scratch-built Bird of Prey to modelling shows, I'll have to ask how he manages!) maybe someone more talented than I am could play with a heat gun and sort that out, but apart from that, I like it; painting it will be like going back to Airfix!  :)
A prize from the My Little Warhorse story contest: http://gwarrior456.deviantart.com/art/Its-just-a-little-storm-430546453