News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Tyranid Rumors (Summary on Page 3!)

Started by Begel Dverl, August 21, 2013, 07:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Begel Dverl

Marines haven't even been launched and the Tyranids are already getting some new rumors.

From based Dakka:

Quote from: Kroothawk 545791 5941186 70c6528fcc14f1e91a663a37418a3bec.jpg
Quote from: Larry Vela over at BOLS40K RUMORS: Tyranids

Hold on a second - the Hivemind doesn't like Space Marines getting all the attention.  Here is the latest on the bugs:

-Tyranids are after Space Marines
-Look for them before the end of the year

New Minis:

Tyranid Prime (finecast)

Harpy. Roughly size of the heldrake. Pretty much looks like the picture in prior codex.

Doom of Malantai (clamshell package)

Parasite of Mordrax (clamshell package)

Termagant sprues recut for more options (some chatter says Genestealers)

Mycetic Spore

New "Big Bug" kit (Because every army needs one!)

New Rules:

Pyrovore gains Torrent and a steep points reduction.

Hiveguard gain Skyfire

Added 14th August:
Quote from: BOLSAltered FOC to help counter the lack of Allies. 3 HQ, 4 Elite, 6 Troop, 4 Fast, 4Heavy. Purchasing the 3rd HQ choice unlocks the extra Elite, Fast, and Heavy slots.

Termagants – Gain Fleet. New 10 unit box. Includes options for Spike rifles and Strangleweb. Curled tails. No rippers on sprues.

"BIG BUG" – Larger than Tervigon sized HQ unit. Oval base, hunched over, but wider. Has 18" synapse. Psyker 4. Prime version: Grants FNP and Counter Attack to Nids in 12." Stats like Tervigon, except 2A. SitW
Quote from: BOLSTwo new Tyranid psychic powers lists. One list is destructive powers, one is augmentive powers.

Tervigon – Upgrade options for Termagant spawns to give them full options, but they are quite pricy.

Tyrant Guard and Hive Guard -Dual-build plastic kit. 3 models. All options for either unit.

Lictors – small point increase, gain new "Surprise!" rule (all shots against Lictors the turn after they appear are snap shots). DeathLeaper now an upgrade character.
Quote from: BOLSTyranids will be receiving a large plastic monstrous creature. -the new kit in comparison to the Tyrannofex will have similar size ratios as the Wraithknight to the Wraithlord, $115 usd.
Added 19th August:
Quote from: Bell of Lost Souls 8/19/13First off, most rumors are pointing to November for Nids - and we all know that new releases ship the first Saturday of the month. 

Carnifex - significant cost reduction

Harpy – big overhaul. New model/dual-combo kit, Flying Monstrous, Sonic Screech combines with Vector striking. Additional Spore Mine Cysts may be purchased as upgrades. Default Stranglethorn has new upgrade options.

New Flyer - Fast Attack choice, the alternative build for the Harpy kit.

Ymgarl Genestealers - New special arrival rule is shared with the Lictor, may now purchase standard Genestealer biomorph upgrades.

Hiveguard: new weapon upgrade option (available to a handful of units) that grants skyfire with an "enhanced ability" to ground FMCs.
Added 20th August:
Quote from: Anonymous source on Faeit 212
Tyranids, at least at current can ally with themselves essentially.
They have the standard:
2 HQ
6 Troops
3 Elites
3 Fast Attack
3 Heavy Support

And can take an optional

1 HQ
2 Troops (not minimum 1, up to 2, but instead MUST take 2 and then...)

And if they do, it unlocks
1 Elite
1 Fast Attack
1 Heavy Support.

Only an HQ from the core can be warlord.

Then the diversity comes into play.

Hive Fleets now have different rules (think chapter tactics). Your secondary brood can be from a different hive fleet. Not representing two fleets working together, just similar evolutionary strains.

There are also army wide FoC changes based on your Hive Tyrant. Wings give you the option to take Gargoyles as your compulsory troops (so max 2) for instance.  Bonded carapace let's you take Carnifex's as elites as well as heavy support (but can't be more than a certain number of points, so they end up kinda baby).

They have some really cool adaptations for skyfire.

Warriors can be purchased as sergeant style upgrades for gaunts and gargoyles. They get the biomorphs of the brood and are not attached like wolf guard.

Tyrannofex will see a points decrease.

Pyrovore will see torrent.

Ranged biomorphs contribute to a model's close combat.
Melée biomorphs enhance a model's ranges attacks.
You take some biomorphs that affect both, like +1 str to both.
But having a gun makes melée better and having melée weapons improves your guns. There's some new synergy there. Mostly for big bugs.

Psychic ability is a lot worse than what it is now, but it'd be difficult to explain and just upset people who don't have the whole picture.
Quote from: 4chansomeone posted these on 4chan.

>Army-wide notes
>- No FOC and ally table changes
>- Devastation and Adaptation are new power tables with 3 powers each + primaris.
>- Primaris for Devastation = Warp Blast, Adaptation = Onslaught (similar to battle-focus)
>- All Tyranid powers can be used with either one or two charges to increase the effect.
>- Ravenous Advance: Units with this rule can run & assault in the same turn.
>- The Ground Trembles: All MC cause d3 Hammer of Wrath hits.
>- Red Terror, Deathleaper and Old One Eye are unique upgrades to their respective broods.
>Harpy/Erinye, plastic dual kit.
>- Harpy is designed to kill infantry hordes/provide support via its special vector strike.
>- Vector striking it can either use Spore Mine Cyst to create blasts along the path or Sonic Screech to halve initiative and cause a pinning test.
>- Erinye is an AA variant in Elite, very different front torso/head piece with gribbly tentacles.
>- Increased Swoop speed and its gimmick is grappling other flyers.
>- Vector strike -> dice roll 4+ -> the enemy flyer is dragged directly behind where the Erinye ended its move, including a new facing.
>- Both can buy broods of Gargoyles that can drop off in the movement phase when not vector striking.
>Zoanthrope (Doom)/Genethrope, plastic dual kit.
>- Zoanthropes are ML1 psykers, have access to the Devastation, Telepathy, Telekinesis tables.
>- Genethropes are similar, but have access to the Adaptation and Biomancy tables.
>- New unique biomorphs. Increased Shadow in the Warp range, Deny the Witch boost aura, two others.
>- Both types can upgrade up to ML2 but only ever get 1 power, each Elite choice is a unit of 1-3 that can contain mixded Zoan and Gene.
>- Doom has access to all the above tables and comes with Essence Leech and 3 powers.
>- Consumes a wound every time it uses a power (except for Leech), but can keep casting until a Perils roll or its down to 1 wound.
>Mycetic Spore/Mycetic Hive Node, plastic dual kit
>- Spore is a Dedicated Transport, notable changes are that SC can join and MC broods can all opt to get spores.
>- Hive Nodes are bought by HQ models (1-3 choice for Tyrants, 1 for every other HQ), no transport capacity.
>- Nodes provide Synapse and can be configured in one of many ways. Grants poison or shrouding to nearby units or terraforms (Dangerous Terrain) the surroundings.
>Carnifex
>- Old unused bimorphs in the box are options again.
>- Base cost the same but upgrades are much, much cheaper overall but lots of "only buy 1 out of this list" kind of choices which greatly limits what a fex can have.
>- Tusked gives HoW an AP value, Thornback increases the number of HoW hits.
>- Enhanced Senses gives Night Fighting.
>- Tail Scythe & Tail Mace each deliver a single hit to all models in BtB at Ini 1, with different stats.
>- Living Battering Ram rule: Changed to allow the Carnifex to assault the contents of a building/transport on a 4+ if it was destroyed by its charge, rolled once for the brood.

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Now this looks interesting. Some of the stuff I quite like the look of. Being able to Run and Assault again at long last for example. Point costs will still have a massive impact, of course, but so far there's enough to potentially see me break out my 'Nids again.

The news about the new "big bug" worries me. I mean, do we really need anything bigger than the Trygon, Tervigon and Tyrannofex?

As for modifying the force org, I'd rather they'd changed the Alllies matrix to take into account things like Genestealer Cults. Hive Fleet specific rules could be interesting though.

Also, what's the betting no Tyranid has anything even remotely close to Calgar's absurd "I get 3 Warlord Traits" rule? :P
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

Begel Dverl

Quote from: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on August 21, 2013, 08:22:48 PM

The news about the new "big bug" worries me. I mean, do we really need anything bigger than the Trygon, Tervigon and Tyrannofex?

Also, what's the betting no Tyranid has anything even remotely close to Calgar's absurd "I get 3 Warlord Traits" rule? :P
Stop asking silly questions and roll with it  :P

But seriously, maybe we might get something along the lines of a Heirodule or something.

Narric

The altered Foc sort'of sounds like they can take temselves asa Secondary Attachment. Interesting.

The "Big Bug" sounds ominous already, just becuase its larger than a Tervigon/Tyrano-nid.

The updates to Pryovores and hiveguard sounds like what I'd assume Nid players would want, especially those who have the models and dream of when they were useful.

The idea of Hive "Strains" a-la Chapter Tactics is a curious new idea. Something that may put Marines back in place, if done right.

Thats all I'll say fo now, but most of what I've read sounds more apealng than the SMurf rumours, and thats not because is a Xenos codex.

Thantos

This is one army where the "MAKE BIGGER MODELZ!" ethos we are seeing at the moment will really pay off. Bigger gribbly monsters? Yes please, sir, ill take two!
May encourage me to finish my all ripper and zonathrope army ... so many rippers ...

Looking forward to this one.

Chicop76

I don't use the pyrovore not because people say it sucks, but due to the fact it's in a crowded elite slot which I rather run other things. In essence if the elite slot is still the same and you make them torrent and cheaper I still doubt I will use them.

Chris

Yeah, so this is pretty much some one's wish list. I'll try and find it, but the order of releases is floating around somewhere, next up are supposed to be Orks in January... I'll see what I can find.

EDIT: Ok, so it may not ALL be wishlisting... There is no word of a codex, only a new model box...

November: Nidvember; Plastic Hive Guard Box released (corrected)

December: Hobbit and new Terrain

January: Ork Codex; Plastic Kommandoz & Warboss Plastic Kit

February: Dark Elves Armybook

March: Imperial Guard; three Plastic Kits for Steel legion & a Turretless Tank Kit, new Steel legion Character (no Yarrik!) Codex-Focus is Cadia & Armageddon

April: Bretonnia Armybook

May: Space Wolves, there will be a 13th Great company & Thousand Sons Supplement parallel release near end of the Year Focus of the SW Supplement is the Fight again Tzeentch Forces

June: Warhammer Fantasy 9th Edition with Empire vs. Orcs & Goblins

Begel Dverl

Quote from: Chris on August 26, 2013, 08:56:33 AM
December: Hobbit and new Terrain
Expected.

March: Imperial Guard; three Plastic Kits for Steel legion & a Turretless Tank Kit, new Steel legion Character (no Yarrik!) Codex-Focus is Cadia & Armageddon
How does a turret-less tank even work? Will there be an upcoming supplement for turrets?

Chris

I'll stick this in a new thread, so we can discuss it there...  Lets keep this for Tyrannids....

Although, Forum is DEAD at the moment.

Chicop76

Quote from: Chris on August 26, 2013, 12:19:30 PM
I'll stick this in a new thread, so we can discuss it there...  Lets keep this for Tyrannids....

Although, Forum is DEAD at the moment.

I agree this forum is super dead. Who wants to post stuff that take 2 hours to do and get no response. 4 hours if I clean it up, etc.

Tha being said I think I am triple exicted since 3 of my favorite armies will be updated really quick, Tau, Daemons, Nids. All they have to do is get IG and I am golden.

However I feel the being broke syndrome after Daeomns and Tau codexes. I am still debating on getting a helldrake, but don't know what troops to run, probably cultist.

Anyway I would like to she shooty nids make a come back personally. Never really cared for genestealers.

Give me dakkafexes again and I'll be happy really. An army full of dakkafexes and termagons would personally make me happy.

Tyranid Prime
Trygon
Termagaunts
Tervigons
Tyrant
Tyrant Guard
Tyranids
Tyrannofex

TTTTTTTT so many T's.

Cammerz

Quote from: Begel Dverl on August 26, 2013, 11:41:32 AM
How does a turret-less tank even work? Will there be an upcoming supplement for turrets?

Like this; http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Imperial_Guard/Imperial_Guard_Tanks/THUNDERER-SIEGE-TANK-COMPLETE-KIT__.html

We've already had Chaos of both varieties and Tau so I'll probably just get the IG codex and hope I don't need to change too much.

But its nice to see Bretonnians getting some love, I've been in this hobby for just over 10 years now and I'm pretty sure they're the only army I haven't seen updated.

Kur'os

Aside from the Tau, this is update is what I've really been looking forward to.  My last couple of weeks have been nothing but playing / working on my 'Nids.  ^ ^  I even made a special large blast marker for my Stranglethorn cannons...

Though unlikely, it would be nice if there was some sort of FOC / Ally perk to make up for their lack of Ally options.  Even if it's simply modding what counts as troops/scoring based on X choice.  Personally, I'm game for any form of reasonably costed Nid'zilla build again...

-Kur'os

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Chicop, you do realise the whole point of Tyranids is "Rawr, grible gribble, combat. Oh no, you're all dead", right? :P

'Nids aren't supposed to shoot, they're supposed to throw bodies at the enemy and then slaughter them in close quarters.

I quite like the "ally with yourself" idea, though I would've liked a slightly edited ally chart to represent things like Genestealer cults etc.
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

Chris

Supplement?  :P

That seems to be the way GW are going these days.

Sorck

Quote from: Chris on August 27, 2013, 11:04:48 AM
Supplement?  :P

That seems to be the way GW are going these days.
Another one which requires your £30 rulebook, £30 codex and £30 supplement? It doesn't end up cheap.

These rumours are a pain. I really don't need to buy a new army book for an army that I only use once every 6 months...