News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Fun Story

Started by Waaaghpower, January 14, 2014, 12:18:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waaaghpower

I can't be damned to write up a full battle report, but I wanted to share this tidbit:
I had a decked out Wolf Lord inside a Thunderwolf Deathstar, playing against a Chaos Space Marine/Chaos player. When rolling for my Warlord traits, I rolled a 4 on Personal Traits. (The one that gives +1 Victory point for every enemy character you kill in a challenge.)
8 Victory Points. My Wolf Lord earned 8 Victory Points. Since he was unable to refuse the challenges, and I was able to assault every turn due to some luck and some good model placement, (Plus he assaulted me twice, and the game lasted 6 turns,) I got 8 Victory Points from my Wolf Lord. On top of that, Slay The Warlord and First Blood, so kind of 10.
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

CoffeeGrunt

The one army that Warlord Trait works against. I always find it funny when someone rolls that against me, and starts asking me what Characters I have.

"Any leaders in this?"

"Pfft, a Pathfinder Shas'ui!? They cost as much as an extra member!"

"How about these Fire Warriors?"

"I'm not paying 10pts to give a Fire Warrior +1A and Ld!"

Works a lot better against armies like Chaos and Space Marines who get them as part of the base package. Also handy since Chaos are honour-bound to fight in challenges.
The only constant in the universe is change; the Wise adapt.

Arguleon-veq

That rule is such a MASSIVE drawback for Chaos Marines, its daft. Ive ran Lone Wolves into big Bezerker hordes and you know your going to hold them for a while because he has to challenge so cant swamp you, in the next round they aren't getting bonus attacks or strength so its hard for them to get past your 2+ and FnP then and if they try and charge another unit in, then you can just fight that Champion.

Its always funny when stuff like that happens though.

I think if both Warlords ever rolled that same trait in a battle, you should be honour bound to try and get them into a scrap in the middle of the table.
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

BigToof

That's really epic!

Oh... I do have this thing called "Battlefield Anecdotes" stickied in the BatRep boards if you ever want to leave something battle-wise there, but I can understand how this was seriously epic on it's own :)

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

Evekarak

Hello friends, I am a new member named Chris, nice to meet everyone.

Mabbz

Quote from: Evekarak on September 01, 2015, 06:54:24 AM
Hello friends, I am a new member named Chris, nice to meet everyone.
Hello Chris, and welcome to the forums! Just a friendly piece of advice, if you want to introduce yourself, we have a board for that, here. Posting in a random topic is not advised, as it is against the forum rules and makes you look like a spambot. Incidentally, if you are a spambot then please go away until your AI develops sufficiently that you can contribute to the forum.