News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Site Downtime?

Started by CoffeeGrunt, January 24, 2014, 03:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoffeeGrunt

Hi guys,

Had trouble accessing the site today until now, it just timed out and wouldn't load. Was this a maintenance thing or just me?
The only constant in the universe is change; the Wise adapt.

gorlak

I experienced the same thing, and http://isitup.org/ also said the site was down.

But good to see it back up :D

InsaneTD

There is some more info on the Second Spheres Members Facebook group, but the basic gist is that the bill for server hosting wasn't paid on time it seems.

Irisado

That has happened before, so whenever the site goes down I tend to assume that's the problem and not worry too much.  The bill usually gets paid sooner rather than later, so no need for undue alarm :).

The forum is loading much faster for me since the downtime too for whatever reason.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Sorck

Same IP, same server spec, same ISP - it really shouldn't have changed speed... Unless we had a background process causing issues before or it's a bit of statistical luck. :P

Irisado

Whichever it is, I'll take it ;).

I've made no changes to my ISP, browser, or computer since I last logged in here, so I've not done anything at my end that would have sped things up.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Railgun Convention

Just started experiencing random SQL errors - sometimes, I'll try to load a given page and instead get a volley of about 6 lines of errors relating to database stuff. I'll copy/pasta next time I see it.
So how many crashes have I survived now?

Sorck

If there is an SQL dump could you PM me it rather than post it please?

Mabbz

I got it too, I'll PM you

Sorck

Well that's a fun error in the morning... If it keeps happening I'll just restart the database server and see if that fixes it.

silverfuge

Does seem to be faster. At least we know the bills are still being paid.
Gm is God

InsaneTD

Just got a couple sql errors. PMed them to you Sorck.

Narric

Posting this here for reference. Hopefully the site doesn't crash making them unviewable :P

Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Notice: memcache_connect(): Server 127.0.0.1 (tcp 11211) failed with: Connection refused (111) in /home/ssphere/public_html/Sources/Load.php on line 2761

Warning: memcache_connect(): Can't connect to 127.0.0.1:11211, Connection refused (111) in /home/ssphere/public_html/Sources/Load.php on line 2761

Notice: memcache_connect(): Server 127.0.0.1 (tcp 11211) failed with: Connection refused (111) in /home/ssphere/public_html/Sources/Load.php on line 2761

Warning: memcache_connect(): Can't connect to 127.0.0.1:11211, Connection refused (111) in /home/ssphere/public_html/Sources/Load.php on line 2761

In addition, the site loads slower than normal, and text size is varying wildly.

Osiris

Ho. da buggah wen stay down yeh.

All local speak aside, yeah. The site was down for awhile, but, the chat was still alive. So don't be afraid to jump to the chat to kill time.
IF - 5k
UM - 2k
Eldar - 2k

Narric

Quote from: Osiris on February 03, 2014, 07:18:32 PM
All local speak aside, yeah. The site was down for awhile, but, the chat was still alive. So don't be afraid to jump to the chat to kill time.
Its a useful fact that the Chatroom is hosted by an independant website :P