News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

6th edition daemons :(

Started by Chicop76, July 28, 2012, 05:59:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

knightperson

Yes, the only thing more dangerous than a bunch of flamers dropping in is The Masque also dropping in and setting up the targets for them!
Cured of what I'm suffering from, but suffering from the cure.

Chicop76

I noticed the flamers seem to be cheaper than before. I am thinking of using three groups of five which would hit me for only 115 points which would be 10 points higher than before with 2 extra bodies. I thought about using six, but it wouldn't be possible to hit the same target with 6 although 5 is still possible if the mass is large enough. Although a masque could make it possible to hit with six if you roll really lucky.

I will still use the Masque so I can do nice stuff to force dreadnoughts to expose rear armour and shoot them in the back with a str 8 ap 1 shot.

The screamer are really cheap looking model if you picture it as 2 models combined into one. I see them as 12 point models for what they do. A bit cheaper than the slow and clumsy bloodletters of old. My gripe is I'm lossing troop for a fast option. I feel that to stay competetive I have to take them. Sure I have Mcs I can use, but enough heavy weapons would down them. I am curious how much fire power these guys would attract. With Fateweaver on the field running with these guys I can see them being nasty in combat and a bit more durable. As of now I'm thinking of running with a squad of six. Although I might max out the squad and run with one maxed out squad.

Fateweaver is better now since he flies. All I can say I can say is why not run him. Also I am not punished for turning units into spawns, so I will spawn away whenever I can.

Pink Horrors can put out a decent amount of shooting and have bolt of tzeentch which is quite handy as well.

I just wish that that I have something to use against flyers. At least my opponents have to field half their army and hop I do not wipe them out with my Daemons turn 1.