News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Mega Battle, Planning Stages

Started by Arguleon-veq, January 25, 2013, 01:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arguleon-veq

I have always loved mega battles, its been years since I last had one and ive been itching to try and do another for ages. The last being a 4 way 5500 points a side battle for the ziggarut. That was when me and my mates were all younger and without jobs and responsibilities so now it is much harder to organise an entire day of gaming and getting all of our collections together.

With that in mind this will take some planning, I also want this game to have some fluff and for every army to be at least sprayed in their base colour so that I can take pics.

I want to have 2 main forces facing off with two smaller, interference forces with their own agendas entering the game later on. I think our best bet for the first main force will be an inquisition force made up of guard and grey knights as we have 2 painted guard armies, masses of tanks and a large painted gk army. We can probably field something like this;

8 GK Razorbacks,
6 GK Dreads,
2 GK Land Raiders,
40 Grey Knights,
10 Grey Knight Termies,
Warrior Acolytes,
Coteaz,
1 Storm Raven.
+
5 Vendettas,
120+ Guardsmen,
6 Leman Russ,
4 Hydras,
2 Manticores,
2 Basilisks,
10 Chimeras,
Ogryns,
Rough Riders,
2 Sentinals,
2 Hellhounds.

Now for the second force the only thing we can really match that it terms of points with will probably be a space marine alliance so I will have to come up with some fluff as to why they are fighting the inquisition. We could probably field

Vulkan Hestan + Other Characters,
50 Tactical Salamanders,
20+ Salamander Terminators,
6+ Dreadnaughts,
2 Predators,
3 Vindicators,
4 Land Raiders,
20 Salamander Scouts.
+
Logan Grimnar,
25 Wolf Guard Terminators,
+
Rune Priest,
20 Warhound Grey Hunters in Pods,
2 Warhound Long Fang Squads,
10 Warhound Scouts.
+
Lamenters Libby,
Lamenters Tac Squad,
Lamenters Scout Squad,
Lamenters Termie Squad,
Rhino, Drop Pod,
Furioso,
Death Company,
Lamenters Assault Squad.
+
Disciples of Caliban Command and Libby,
40 Tactical Marines,
6 Bikers,
Land Raider,
20 Terminators,
2 Vindicators.

Pretty much all of that we have painted. So it shouldnt be too hard to get it finished.

As one of the secondary forces we could have Eldar;

40 Wraithguard,
4 Wraithlords,
5 Wave Serpents,
1 Scorpion Super Heavy,
4 Falcons,
20 Dire Avengers,
30 Guardians,
Bike Council,
10 Dark Reapers,
15 Harlequins,
20 Fire Dragons.

This is all painted so should be easy enough to get it all together. This is probably the faction I would use and Id want their mission objective to be about forcing a stalemate between the two armies so that the Eldar wont swing the battle favourably for either side.

I think the last faction would have to be chaos but this will be the hardest to do as most of our chaos forces arent painted and Im not sure what id want them to do in this kind of battle.

30 Plague Marines,
30 Noise Marines,
30 Thousand Sons,
20 Bezerkers,
3 Vindicators,
3 Dreadnaughts,
10 Terminators.

I have about half of the plague and noise marines done and the bezerkers are pretty much already finished, I have a friend working on his thousand sons so it will mainly be a case of getting the tanks done.
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

Arguleon-veq

This is the first draft of the fluff for the battle, Im still not sure how to include the chaos faction.

The Vulkan Hammer Schism

In the years leading up to what is now referred to as
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

Railgun Convention

'S lookin' good so far. Are there going to be any special rules for this hammer, perhaps, to represent the side that first claims it swinging it about?

I can't think of any way to factor in the Chaos, except to drop 'em in the middle as the two sides clash and let'em tear into whatever is nearest.
So how many crashes have I survived now?

BigToof

Looking good so far!
Hope to see it when it's all put together.

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3