News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Civilization Game Discussion

Started by Mabbz, August 29, 2013, 03:21:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rarity Declis

Quote from: Restayvien on August 31, 2013, 11:17:00 PM
Strange coincidence, but I installed CivII on my old creaky family PC last week and have played about 4 games to completion already! Just opened Steam try my hand at CivV again (I have CivIV on disc but recall preffering CivV...). All great games. CivII is almost impossible to play purely diplomatically though - even if you want to avoid war you have to be a military powerhouse to deter attackers.

I first played CivII on a family holiday to Berwick about 14 years ago...hard to believe it was that long ago!

Ah, I remember playing that, so old though.

I always won through building that bloody great space station and nuking anyone who looked at me funny, like a technologically competent North Korea.

InsaneTD

Quote from: Mabbz on August 31, 2013, 11:32:21 PM
Quote from: Tybalt Defet on August 29, 2013, 03:36:16 PM
You never win your first civ game. You might win your fifth though. :P
I won my third (time victory). I still only ranked as Dan Quayle though.

Also, computers always seem to burn down London in my games.
London bridge is falling down...

I think I won my second game of CivRev.

Restayvien

So CivV won't run on my PC (sold my decent gaming PC about a year ago), will have to make do with CivIV!

InsaneTD

Firey Baps

I made the mistake of not picking up Civ in the steam summer sale and I hate my life right now.
Once there was a forest. And in that forest lived some trousers... Called Dave.

Rarity Declis

Well, the Christmas sale is coming?

Railgun Convention

Don't suppose anyone's up for an organised Civ V game?
So how many crashes have I survived now?

InsaneTD

I would be if I could get it downloaded on this PC. It's bigger then my download limit and didn't work last time I installed it.

Rarity Declis

How do you play a multiplayer Civ V game? It took 36 hours with just me and the computer.

Railgun Convention

It looks like you can take breaks, as if you're playing postal Civ or something. Which isn't much use when all but one player is on, but still.
So how many crashes have I survived now?

InsaneTD

Yeah, you can also email games. Where each person puts their email in and it lets each person know when it's their turn. Very slow way to play.

The Allfather

You know what I would also absolutely love, a new more in depth Alpha Centauri game. I loved those games.

Rarity Declis

Quote from: Tybalt Defet on September 03, 2013, 11:10:14 AM
Yeah, you can also email games. Where each person puts their email in and it lets each person know when it's their turn. Very slow way to play.

You know what? I'm up for that. If you chaps do it, I'll be happy to do horribly. I call China.

Mabbz

I would be up for it, but I only have Civ IV and I can't really afford to buy... anything really.

Restayvien

Quote from: Tybalt Defet on September 01, 2013, 11:19:43 AM
What's the problem?
I don't have a sufficient graphics card any more! Well...I don't have one at all, I'm using the on-board Intel graphics chip.