News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Orks Online! [RP Signup and OOC Discussion/Questions]

Started by BigToof, December 07, 2012, 12:28:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigToof

Also, as we're still a bit slow on getting everyone out of the rubble, I'm probably going to have to ask you guys to take one more round of combat and then stop for a bit until everyone chimes in.

Then you know... the ACTUAL first encounter will kick in :)

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

Mabbz

Do I get a save against that last attack? The rules for that psychic power say no armour saves, but I'm not sure if our saves count as armour saves. The only time you've mentioned armour rules, you said we'd get bonuses to our saves for if we had some.

BigToof

For this combat, we'll say that you get a save at -2, either cunnin' or 'Ardness.  Normally Heavy Armor gives you that bonus.

Best,
-BT

P.S.  We are nearing threshold for PCs!  I'm going to give it some more time, but it looks like only Jayne and Mabbz are the big contenders for Bosshood (Mork/Gork help us all!)
BigToof Points:

Lord Sotek

As the unwittingly 'Ardest ork around, Led might have some disagreements with you about that, but he's arrived late to the discussion, so we shall see. ;)
Quote from: Saulus on March 17, 2011, 06:16:56 PM
Often I hear delusional ramble like "I painted and collected my army as ultramarine tyranid hunters....but Pedro is really good, so now I'm using him, but I'm just going to call him Jimbob-Fistpumper, cause that fits with my

Mabbz

Actually, my 'Ardness is 15, yours is 14.

Lord Sotek

Often I hear delusional ramble like "I painted and collected my army as ultramarine tyranid hunters....but Pedro is really good, so now I'm using him, but I'm just going to call him Jimbob-Fistpumper, cause that fits with my

Lord Sotek

Quote from: Mabbz on December 07, 2012, 10:55:35 AM
Quote from: Wargamer on December 07, 2012, 08:33:04 AM
Dibs on the Mek! I'll roll him up later. ;)
DAMN IT!

Fine, I'll take what I seem to have a lot in RPs... The healer.

Painboy Ducktape
A: 13
K: 9
S: 4
C: 16
L: 3

Gear: 'Urty syringe

When the rokk crashed, Ducktape actually lost both of his legs. Fortunately there were plenty of donors nearby. He has a tendency to think of others as piles of spare parts for himself.

Count me confused...

Mabbz

Sorry about that. Here's the explanation:

Quote from: Mabbz on December 07, 2012, 05:28:05 PM
Quote from: BigToof on December 07, 2012, 02:49:59 PM
Oh, and Mabbz?
You're 10 points under.

Best,
-BT
Am I? Oh, so I am. I misread the character creation thing. I thought my stats were a little low :derp:

So I'm currently tied for first place in 'Ardness, and by extension the race for leadership, and I have 10 points left. Well, my course is clear. Have my new stats:

Painboy Ducktape (Mabbz)
A: 15
K: 9
S: 6
C: 16
L: 9

Gear: 'Urty syringe

Mabbz

When you say a group, how many are we talking about here? 10? 20?

Also, can we loot that chimera?

BigToof

I think your character did "ok" with his cunnin' roll.

There's in actuality 10 guys outside the Chimera.  Unknown number inside.

As for lootin'... you have Tankbusta and a Weirdboy... If they aren't too overzealous you might have some bitz.

Of course that's a pretty big IF.

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Naser Al-Istikhara Cyrus

Quote from: Mabbz on December 14, 2012, 08:24:20 PM
Also, can we loot that chimera?

You hit the nail on the head there; can you? It'll be up to the efficiency of the big mek and the salvaging of the lootas to decide! ;)
Quote from: Narric on August 15, 2011, 12:09:07 AM
You make it sound like it could be wearing a top-hat and monocle, but for the sole reason it'd have been painted by Gareth that it would still look terrifying........I have to say I agree. XD
Quote from: Greg Mun

The Man They Call Jayne

Can we take it intact and use it ourselves rather than Lootin' it for Bitz? An extra Multilaser and Heavy Bolter definatly wouldnt go amiss. Lob a frag grenade in the back maybe?

Im not sure how well I will do at breaking a Chimera. Which of my powers are AT in nature? Zzap or Frazzle are the only ones that seem likely. What are their stats? Or is that randomly decided?
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Naser Al-Istikhara Cyrus

Considering the amount of tankhammers i saw in the sign-up thread, i don't know if the "Let's leave it intact" plan will stick.

This is one of the reasons BT and I chose to have both Lootas/Meks and Tankbustas as character classes!

As for the stats, I have no idea; hopefully BT can help us out :)

Zambia
Quote from: Narric on August 15, 2011, 12:09:07 AM
You make it sound like it could be wearing a top-hat and monocle, but for the sole reason it'd have been painted by Gareth that it would still look terrifying........I have to say I agree. XD
Quote from: Greg Mun

BigToof

Harming the Chimera:
Attacking the front of the Chimera by any small arms is hopeless.  Sluggas and Shootas won't do anything.
Cunnin' Rolls can be made to try and find out small openings in the front (if you're feeling frisky).
Tankhammers, of course, will do sizable damage to Chimeras.
Depending on where you hit it, you'll knock out a weapon, the engine, or just blow it up (hitting the rear will make the kaboom, front will be a weapon or engine/tread damage).

Everyone else can try throwing grenades into the Tank to do some damage, but not that much.

Deffguns and Big Shootas will start to smash up front armor, and will hurt side armor similar to getting hit by the Tankhammer.

Needless to say, Warphead powers are like Tankhammers if you go down the Zzap! route and well... not so great for the tank if you go down SUMMON GORK.

If desperation hits, you can try to peel off a hatch, but we're talking -4 'Ardness tests there, as they're not supposed to open.

Multiple Orks prying will decrease the penalty by -2.

Oh and the Chimera:

Heavy Flamer and Multi-Laser knock you right up to Maimed (and a -2 roll to your toughness!).

They can also try rolling over your (putting you in Maimed if you try and fail to stop them).

Have fun!

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Ravager Zero

To my attack in the RP thread: I intend to charge in as a right proppa tankbusta, expectin' the rest of the ladz to follow me and shoot/bash up da humies like Boss Ducktape told 'em to.
Rav's Awesome Card Counter: +2

Quote from: Kane
...and whipped cream, a bottle of baileys, seven pairs of non-matching shoes, a combine harvester, a box of matches, and three indie rock bands drunk off their skull is technically acceptable on private property.