News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Bugs and Errors from last crash.

Started by InsaneTD, March 15, 2013, 12:01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

InsaneTD

Seems there is an error in the registration system. A member who's account was lost is trying to join back up and keeps getting told to contact an Admin and that's it.

Edit: The site doesn't seem to let me stay logged in either.

Chicop76

The Allfather

Quote from: Tybalt Defet on March 15, 2013, 12:01:08 PM
Seems there is an error in the registration system. A member who's account was lost is trying to join back up and keeps getting told to contact an Admin and that's it.

Edit: The site doesn't seem to let me stay logged in either.

What's the user name? I might be able to dig around and see if I can do anything (hopefully without breaking things :shifty:)

InsaneTD

Eagle_Eye 1192. I think his account was lost a while ago. He hasn't been able to get on for a while.

Brassclaw

I have the same problem, i using the wap2 forums. If someone can change the theme for me on my profile that would be great

Sorck

The problem should be fixed now.

There were a couple of issues with both duplicates of some settings in the database and some other settings that weren't there at all...

InsaneTD

Thanks Sorck. I'll let him know. Most of his post still exist. Can you link them back to his account when he signs back up?

Sorck

Quote from: Tybalt Defet on March 22, 2013, 05:55:50 PM
Thanks Sorck. I'll let him know. Most of his post still exist. Can you link them back to his account when he signs back up?
I should be able to do so. If I can find one of his original posts then I should be able to transfer them all over.

InsaneTD

I know there is one in the RP section. If his original intro thread still exists, I'll get him to post in that.

Irisado

Speaking of restoring lost accounts, could I have my original account (Irisado) back please?  It was deleted during the database crash, along just about every account made in 2012 it would seem.

This one can then be banned/deleted as you see fit.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Irisado

Quote from: Irisado2 on March 24, 2013, 11:39:00 AM
Speaking of restoring lost accounts, could I have my original account (Irisado) back please?  It was deleted during the database crash, along just about every account made in 2012 it would seem.

Any news on whether this can be done?
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Sorck

Quote from: Irisado2 on April 08, 2013, 04:50:20 PM
Quote from: Irisado2 on March 24, 2013, 11:39:00 AM

Any news on whether this can be done?
Sorry about not noticing your message.

I've reallocated your original posts to your new account - feel free to rename it to Irisado (I can also change your username to Irisado if you wish).

Did you have 3 karma before the crash?

Irisado

Quote from: Sorck the Spork on April 08, 2013, 09:44:11 PM

I've reallocated your original posts to your new account - feel free to rename it to Irisado (I can also change your username to Irisado if you wish).

Thanks Sorck, you're a star.

I'll rename my account, but if you could change the default username to Irisado as well, so that I can log in using that, it would be great.

I wasn't aware of having any karma before the crash, so feel free to purge that.

On the subject of more general bugs, I've noticed that the online/offline green light next to usernames is missing, along with the go up/go down icons to click on for making browsing threads easier.  Could these be reactivated in the admin panel?

Sorck

Quote from: Irisado on April 09, 2013, 10:45:53 AM
Quote from: Sorck the Spork on April 08, 2013, 09:44:11 PM

Thanks Sorck, you're a star.

I'll rename my account, but if you could change the default username to Irisado as well, so that I can log in using that, it would be great.

I wasn't aware of having any karma before the crash, so feel free to purge that.

On the subject of more general bugs, I've noticed that the online/offline green light next to usernames is missing, along with the go up/go down icons to click on for making browsing threads easier.  Could these be reactivated in the admin panel?
Just to warn you, you'll need to reset your password once you've had your username changed.

I've got to say I don't remember them... I'll see if they're easily restoreable...

Irisado

Quote from: Sorck the Spork on April 11, 2013, 09:46:27 AM
Just to warn you, you'll need to reset your password once you've had your username changed.

I've got to say I don't remember them... I'll see if they're easily restoreable...

In that case, don't worry about it.  It can be left as it is :).

They should be easily restored.  There are two check boxes in the admin panel Admin > Features and Options > Layout, and then the two checkboxes for enable go up/go down, and show online/offline.