News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Elder Scrolls Discussion

Started by Narric, September 18, 2013, 06:11:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narric

So I'm really enjoying Skyrim. Currently have two characters: My First which is an Argonian, who practices practically everything. and a High Elf who I'm trying to play as a thief.

I have previusly played Oblivion and Morrowind.

Oblivion felt too clunky to me. Probably partly my own fault. I just couldn't get into iot for some reason.

Morrowind was slightly better, and was the first Elder Scrolls game I had played. I liked the customisation of the armour, which i sort of miss in Skyrim. However, I never understood what I was doing, and the interface was a nightmare.

Oblivion and Skyrim were for the 360, and Morrowind I had on my PC. Still own my copy of Morrowind, but didn't intend to continue Oblivion so sold off the game again :P

I had actually heard of ES long ago, back when I collected PC Gaming mags, before White Dwarf and Warhammer. I vaguely remember all the comparisons between morrowind and Oblivion graphics :P

What experiences have others had with the Elder Scrolls Franchise? If you're still playing them, what characters are you using?

Mabbz

I've played Oblivion and Skyrim on both PC and X-Box. They're both good games, but I think I prefer Skyrim for the most part. I tried playing as a mage but it never seemed to work (well, until I got the ability to stay invisible permanently on Oblivion). Running around as a nordic swordswoman is more amusing.

Skyrim had better gameplay for the most part, and even though I don't generally care for graphics I have to say it was beautiful. I preferred Oblivion's storyline because I don't really like being some prophesied hero. I think it's much more badass to just be some random guy that happens to rise to every challenge in his way.

Narric

Most games I've played I'm the hero of prophecy, so its not much a new thing for me :P Feelsto have more story than Morrowind. I think in that one you're a prisoner, and then you just kinda follow you own path, then suddeny you hit the ending.
Need to get my PC copy back, and have a good playthrough, and not give up on it.

Playing as a Mage can work, prvided you start from once you get your hands unbound. coupled with enchanting, and making sure you get the Soul Siphon spell early on. I'm mostly confused to how you improve spells to the next rank. All mine are at novice still. I should probably Wiki it.

The Allfather

I'm a Nord warrior in Skyrim at the moment. I think next time I'm going to run a Mage of some sort, though I haven't decided on the race yet.

I also play Morrowind on and off as a Dark Elf, haven't made much headway in that though.

All on PC, of course  ;)

Chris

I'm a fire breathing giant battle axe toting Red Guard Warrior in skyrim.... Nothing screams 'Boo Motherducker' like an axe through the skull!