News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

StarConflict

Started by Chocomel, March 06, 2013, 05:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocomel

Anyone else play this game? It's a 3rd person sci fi combat flight sim, 3 Factions/Races (Empire, Federation and Jericho) and several sub faction contractors. 3 classes of ships (Interceptor, Fighter and Frigate) with contractor versions (afaik only visual differences), the ships allow for different play styles (empire has a sniper frigates and federation a brawler frigate). It's f2p through steam and so far lots of fun. check out Totalbiscuits youtube video for a loooong review.

The Allfather

Just started playing this last night. Tons of fun!

Chocomel

i forgot, it's very adictive

LinnScarlett

It's  World Of Tanks INSPESS  ;D
It's very addictive and a ton of awesome
I need more time to do the Emperor's work!

You can read my stuff on 2S's Fluff and Stories.

Or, you can come visit my author page on Archive of Our Own. WARNING: NC-17

Chocomel

For those 2S that aren't in my friendslist, my ingame name is Dikkop1.

Wargamer

Not sure why I didn't post here, but I play this as much as I can manage. :P
I wrote a novel - Dreamscape: The Wanderer.. Available in paperback and pdf.

Quote from: Liberate the Warhammers
People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

The Allfather

What's your in-game name wargy?

Wargamer

My handle is JasanQuinn. Currently flying a squadron of red and white Imperial ships, chosen purely for their colour scheme. Yeah, I don't know how I win matches either. :P

People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

LinnScarlett

Mine is the same as everywhere and my STEAM handle 'LinnScarlett'
Currently getting the knuckles cracked on flying Imperial Interceptors, although my first love will always be Federation Fighters. They'z my babies. <3

Wargamer

I've had a lot of fun in my Imperial Dvergr Knight. I just love flying in, opening up on a target and then Puddlejumping clear to the other side of the map before a proper retaliation can be mounted! :D

Chocomel

*waves fist in anger* may you thud numerous tijmes against an astroid when you flee

Dra'Tuisisch-Novae

I jumped in to see what it was like today, playing for the Federation. First game after the tutorial, I got killed a bunch and accomplished nothing. Second game I survived the whole match and got two kills. Games 3-4 I got a kill each and died a couple of times, so I think I'm getting the hang of it.

I tried to make my handle LordReaver, but it somehow got appended to LordReaver59bunchofothernumbers.

Edit: I managed to change it to simply Lord_Reaver. Add me!
[Bender]I'm back baby![/Bender]

The Allfather

I normally just play scenarios... my connection is too shoddy to really try to play proper pvp matches without constantly dying.

Additionally, one thing they really need to fix is adding friends when they aren't online. I try to add people and it tells me they don't exist...

If you get a friend invite from Tonyspoons, that's me.

LinnScarlett

Quote from: Dra'Tuisisch-Novae on April 04, 2013, 11:01:26 PM
I jumped in to see what it was like today, playing for the Federation. First game after the tutorial, I got killed a bunch and accomplished nothing. Second game I survived the whole match and got two kills. Games 3-4 I got a kill each and died a couple of times, so I think I'm getting the hang of it.

I tried to make my handle LordReaver, but it somehow got appended to LordReaver59bunchofothernumbers.

Edit: I managed to change it to simply Lord_Reaver. Add me!

It takes a bit to get the hang of it, but if you try everything out and figure out what you like (and are good at / comfortable with) you are well on your way to becoming good at the game. Being good at this game appears to lean heavily on what you find comfortable to fly with, what modules support your tactics, and what type of weapon fits your style, more than some 'epic' choices. Also, the game is NOT Pay2Win, as the paid ships are not nearly the best in their rank or tier, and the paid modules are identical to the blue ones. The only thing is that you will have to 'grind' your way up. However, if you don't like grinding, I can't help but wonder why one bothers to play a game at all. It's what games are, in the end. Grinding to power! I hope you find a ship nation, class and subtype with a weapons system and modules that suit you! You will own the skies when you do, take it from me. Me and my Federation Armada-Gunship and its assault lazors of hot luv are unstoppable! Well, until one of those Jericho assholes stuffs a guided torpedo up my rear-end. :P

PS. REJOICE! Repair costs have been reduced with the latest patch! So no more pain in dying, just shame. ;)

Quote from: The Allfather on April 05, 2013, 01:07:03 AM
I normally just play scenarios... my connection is too shoddy to really try to play proper pvp matches without constantly dying.

Additionally, one thing they really need to fix is adding friends when they aren't online. I try to add people and it tells me they don't exist...

If you get a friend invite from Tonyspoons, that's me.

Its in BETA officially still, so I have good hopes they will fix that. Nearly every week there are some major changes and additions made and - despite the copious whining of people on their forum - I think many of these changes are for the best. The friendslist really needs a make-over, but it's on their development plans!

Hope to see you online some time, it's a shame your connection is shoddy but it would be fun too to try and do a scenario together. Me, Choco, Isaac and Aun have been trying... but we suck way too hard to make it to the end. Hehe.

Wargamer

Not impressed with the latest patch myself; I do not like how they now mix tiers together. Trying to kill a tier 2 frigate in a tier 1 interceptor is a total waste of time and renders the game all but unplayable at times.

Hopefully they will fix this.