News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Death Guard vs Blood Angels - 1600

Started by Arguleon-veq, May 20, 2013, 10:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arguleon-veq

Ive got my first tournaments of the year coming up soon, I think im taking my Warhounds[Wolf/Guard] to one at 1850pts but I dont think they scale down to 1600 so I am tempted to take this list;

Typhus;
Sorcerer
; Lvl3
5 Nurgle Spawn;
Helldrake; Baleflamer
Helldrake; Autocannon
Vindicator;
5 Plague Marines; Melta Bomb, Vets, 2 Melta
5 Plague Marines; Melta Bomb, Vets, 2 Melta
5 Plague Marines; Melta Bomb, Vets, 2 Plasma
5 Plague Marines; Melta Bomb, Vets, 2 Plasma

I was up against this Blood Angel list;

Libby;
10 Tac Marines
; Plasma Gun, Missile Launcher
5 Assault Marines; Melta
Drop Pod;
5 Assault Marines; Melta
Razorback; Assault Cannon
5 Terminators; 4 TH/SS, 1 Lightning Claws
5 Death Company; 1 Fist, 1 Axe
5 Scouts; Camo, Snipers, Heavy Bolter
Storm Raven; MM, Assault Cannon
Defense Line; Quadgun
Furioso; Frag Cannon
Drop Pod;
Furioso; Frag Cannon
Drop Pod;

Mission; Relic
Deployment; Hammer and Anvil
Night Fight; On

Chaos Powers;
Sorc; Leech Life  :-\, +I+A power,  >:(, the 6th power  :'(
Typhus; Ordnance + Primaris.

Marine Powers; Smite, Endurance.

Post Game Thoughts; Im terrified of those Furiosos, they smash Typhus and my Spawn. I need my meltas to survive turn 1 and hope they manage to take out both before they get into combat, if they dont its pretty much game over. If I can then it should be a fight off between the termies and death comp against my spawn with our scoring just mopping up.
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

Chicop76

You kept the 6th power??? I never keep that unless I am going against guard and enfeeble the guard unit than the 6th power is actually awesome. Thinking about it more I wonder dark agel rad and enfeeble with the 6th power would be a cool combo. Lower to toughness 1 or and let haemorage destroy that unit. Anyway smite is 4 shots at strength 4 ap 2. I think that is better.

You can always vector strike his Furioso's. Have to re look at it's side armour. Is it 12 or 13. If it is 12 than it is worth doing. I believe vector strikes hit side armour.

Too bad you can't use endurance of Furioso's.

Toughness 5 feel no pain vs Toughness 4 Furious charge feel no pain. Interesting.

As a side note I would say that blood angel army is running a low amount of melta type weapons. I seen assault squads with 3-4 melta type weapons in each, stupid priest.

Also no rhino's for your death guard. It helps to get them across the board. Too bad you can't deep strike them.

Also been awhile since I seen Typhus with no zombies.

The helldrakes is them main reason why I think you got this. His furioso's is a bother, but you have some melta to deal with it. Looking again the storm raven can be a problem.

BigToof

Neat!  Looking forward to seeing how this one turns out.

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

Arguleon-veq

Turn1: We both deployed pretty much right on the edge of our deployment zones thanks to our armies being short ranged.

He drops his first furioso on my left flank so that it can melta my vindicator and also catch a melta gunner with its frag cannon, annoyingly it kills the melta gunner and the vindicator, taking out a lot of my anti furioso threats. His other drops near my spawn and does a few wounds to them and 1 to typhus. The rest of his shooting bounces off me.

I know I need to take out both the furiosos this turn or its game over, my spawn with typhus cant harm them so head off towards the middle of the table. I get two meltas into melta range of the furioso on my right flank and the one melta on my left into range on that one. I also manage to get some plasmas into their rear arcs. The two meltas on my right blow up that furioso but on my left my melta only gets a glance, thankfully my bolters and plasmas get some glances against that back armour too and wreck it.

Turn2:

His storm raven comes in. His guys jump out of his razorback near the relic and most of his army unloads on my spawn with typhus knowing they are the main threat and he does quite a lot of damage, killing a few spawn, the death company also get a long charge off on them and although they are cut down they put a few more wounds on the squad bringing them dangerously low.

My helldrakes arrives, the one with the baleflamer kills the scouts, the other takes a hull point off his raven.

My plague marines move up towards the objective and I put my fire into his razorback, razorback squad and terminators, I kill the razorback squad and razorback but dont kill any termies and to make matters worse my spawn star fail a charge on them.

Turn 3:

His pod squad arrive right on the relic. They go for a lucky melta gun shot on the rear of a helldrake but miss. The storm raven gets a bead on my baleflamer helldrake and gets 4 penetrating hits!, luckily I pass two saves and neither result comes up as destroyed but I lose my baleflamer.

The termies charge my spawn star and butcher them along with typhus and the sorc for the loss of only 1 terminator. Typhus did cause 7 wounds on them but he passed 6 of his 7 invulnerable saves. This is the first time my spawn star has actually died!

My helldrakes vector strike the pod squad, taking them out and making sure the raven cant get a bead on them next turn. I pour all my plague marine fire into the termies and the combination of bolters, plasmas and meltas gun  them all down.

Turn 4:

With no viable target his storm raven leaves the table. His quadgun shoots my autocannon helldrake and takes that down to 1 hullpoint too.

Im now in a bad position as his raven can come back on next turn and park over the relic so I cant get it and he has first blood and warlord. So I will need to hope I kill the raven next turn, get warlord and line breaker for the draw and hope it goes to turn 6 for the win.

I move up but I know I cant quite reach the relic, my drakes vector strike and shoot the tac squad with libby, I get lucky and my autocannon shoots the squad from the rear after vector striking them and the libby fails a look out sire and his save, instant killig him, the rest of my vector strikes and autocannon hits really whittle down the unit.

Turn 5:

The storm raven comes back on and lands right over the relic, denying me it whilst his fire shoots some plague marines down.

I move one plague marine squad up and get off a charge on the remains of the tac squad, getting me linebreaker unless I am wiped out. My meltas and plasmas on my other plague marines get some sixes and down the storm raven.

The combat is pretty even, we lose a guy each so at the end of turn 5 the score is 2-2. The game goes on which gives me the win as I can just take the relic next turn .

Result; 5-2 to the Deathguard.

Post Game Thoughts: That was a very tight game, I thought I would have it fairly easily once I had killed the furiosos but the spawn star didnt perform as well as usual and that started to really cost me. My opponents list is still pretty much his list from last edition but its still doing well for him, he beat Tau pretty easily with it a few days later. I think those furiosos make any list dangerous.

The game atually went to turn 7 and he would have had to drop his raven into hover mode on turn 6 to stay over the relic so I could have killed it turn 6 and moves onto the relic turn 7 for the win if i didnt get those lucky 6's to down it turn 5. I think the durability of my plague marines really helped as he really struggled to thin my scoring once I had killed his combat threats and although the spawn star died it did draw most of his fire and combat units away from my troops. 
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33