News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Imperial guard Becoming Astra Militarum (Re-skinned and Re-tooled?)

Started by Narric, March 11, 2014, 10:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narric

This has kinda crept up on me. It seems that the good old IG are getting a total revamp, right down to the name. OK, its technically their name in universe, from what I understand.

Pictures of new Ogryn models:
Spoiler

Pictures of a possibly new Hydra model?:
Spoiler

Snaps of White Dwarf page for a few other units
Spoiler

The Man They Call Jayne

That would be a big change. I wonder how they will deal with it. There is only so much they can change else everything people already own becomes obsolete.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

salamut2202

Narric

CoffeeGrunt

I don't think the last page is Guard. It seems fairly clear given the Lion heraldry, unusual design and different Codex that Militarum Tempestus is going to be an offshoot or even the foot soldiers to work with Knights.

There's so many leaked images atm, but the one of the Commissar with Astra Militarum seems most suited. It suits the style of putting a HQ unit on the cover in a badass pose, and what represents the Guard better than a Commissar?
The only constant in the universe is change; the Wise adapt.

Chris

Hopefully this will be a cover all codex for all the Human forces. Including Imperial Guard, Arbites (That truck looks like it could work as an urban police car kinda thing) and perhaps even inquisitorial forces (Sure I know they just got a digital release, but who knows?)

The Ogryns are Fugly... I'm considering picking up some of the current ones, just because they are substantially better (even if I don't use them!)

Rumours have it that we may yet be getting another flier (with the vendetta rolled into the Valkyrie slot) and another Tank, that maybe the Hydra we have seen and the Transport, or it may be something else....

Needless to say, I'm very apprehensive about this one... :/

salamut2202

Wait, the monstrous abhumans are ugly? Good, they look how I imagine them to but plastic. I'm more perplexed with this overwhelming need for dual kits.

The Allfather

The name makes me think they're going to just be an army of elite fighters, like Storm Troopers.

Narric

Quote from: The Allfather on March 12, 2014, 12:15:54 PM
The name makes me think they're going to just be an army of elite fighters, like Storm Troopers.
Grape vine has it Storm Troopers are getting a Supplement of there own, kinda like LotD. :P

Most discussion about the Ogryns is WhyTF does one of the more armoured models have Tank Treads for armour in place of normal armour plating. See Diabetus Ogryn compared to Ironjaw Ogryn :P

Chris

My understanding is that the ones with tank treads are Bullgryns... Kinda like the elite of the ogryns... Just another way to make them look different (and fugly)

Arguleon-veq

Wow, those Ogryns are terrible! why on earth have they done them again when the last lot were actually amazing models? The last lot were some of the best ogre sized models ive ever seen from GW. These things are up there with that possessed release before the current lot.

X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

Walrus Man

I'm not a fan of the current ogryns but I still feel these new models are a step in the wrong direction. The ogryns themselves look decent if a little under imposing, but their guns are so oversized they look utterly cartoonish. The exception to this is moustache-ogryn, he is my new best friend.

Also, stormtroopers! Tempestus Scions!
Spoiler

I'm likng the addition of berets, but I hope you have the option of making a squad of guys in helmets and re-breathers as well.
Steampunk Imperial Guard project log.

Walrus Man, Walrus Man, does what ever a walrus can!
[
url=http://secondsphere.org/index.php/topic,129134.0.html]Are you an Aussie and interested in going to an Official 2S Meet up? Then check out

Cammerz

The Militarum Tempestus are also now available for pre-order;
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCatsLarge.jsp?catId=cat440160a

I can't say that I like the look of that Taurox but the Scions do look very cool. I can't see anything about the rest of the Astra Militarum however looking through the Imperial Guard section they are missing; the codex, the stormtroopers, the rough riders and the ogryns.

The Man They Call Jayne

So that Taurox is a troop transport that can take a Battlecannon, and has 2 fire points? It had better be damn costly or have really weedy armour to balance it out.

What exactly is the difference between these two armies? Militaria are Guard as we know them, Tempestus seem to be more Sisters of Battle. Much more elite.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4