News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

XV109 Y'Vahra - New from Forge World

Started by Kur'os, September 04, 2014, 07:05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kur'os

Has anyone else seen this?

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Events/FWeuro-openday.html

Looks amazing, imo.  I'm super excited about the flamer weapon.  Not sure about the other weapon though.  Speculations?

-Kur'os

Narric

XV9 Riptide, essentially :P

I'm more captured by the look of the Triaros Armoured Conveyor. Its basically a train sandwiched between some Land Raider tracks :P Still, it strangely looks cool XD

salamut2202

I see you Archmagos Draykavak. Then there's Polyphemus titan! UGH! I'm glad my warband is so tied in with the Dark Mechanicus. Perfect excuse to get more Mechanicum!

Archon Sharrek

I have to say these all look awesome, more Knights are always welcome and the Triaros looks like fun.

In regards to the Y'varha, I agree with Narric, it looks like a huge XV9. Which makes me think that the ion-ish type other gun is a super Phased Ion Gun (it appears to have two barrels, maybe...). Which would be awesome cause I love XV9s with double PIGs ;D.
Taking the theme of Tau and Dark Eldar allies, and having fun with it.

"That's EVIL EMPEROR ZURGIE-BABY, TO YOU!" - Evil Emperor Zurg

"Jim-cracking Dandy!" - Evil Emperor Zurg

The Man They Call Jayne

If it is Ion then its gonna have to be very different from the Riptide otherwise what's the point?
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Narric

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on September 06, 2014, 12:32:54 PM
If it is Ion then its gonna have to be very different from the Riptide otherwise what's the point?
To sell more models of course ;)

Kur'os

Well, assuming the flame weapon uses a template; I could see the other weapon being a rapid fire weapon to supplement it...

-Kur'os

Kur'os

Preorders and experimental rules are up!

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/TAU_XV109_YVAHRA_BATTLESUIT.html

It's a beast!  The IDC and PPF weapons are just mean, it's movement options are brilliant; but beware of its fewer wounds and short range...

-Kur'os

salamut2202

WOOT! A much simpler way of tackling Knight-class units. POtentially 12 HPs a turn O.o

The Man They Call Jayne

It also has BS4 standard, which is nice to see at last.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4