News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

So Tau just got good at CC with battlesuits in 6th?

Started by Pottsey, June 26, 2012, 07:13:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pottsey

I would like to see it verified but it appears Jump Infantry get a free I10 auto hit on charge in CC and reole CC charge range. Now this won

Naser Al-Istikhara Cyrus

I'd twin link the plasma - you usually only get 1 chance to shoot at a terminator unit with something at short range ;)
Quote from: Narric on August 15, 2011, 12:09:07 AM
You make it sound like it could be wearing a top-hat and monocle, but for the sole reason it'd have been painted by Gareth that it would still look terrifying........I have to say I agree. XD
Quote from: Greg Mun

BigToof

Using battlesuits to "lock" in assaulting units and then pick them apart with counter assault is now entirely viable.
Just remember that overwatch (or whatever they are calling it) is just at BS1, so you're not getting that many wounds...
I'd advise throwing in hit and run for maximum effect to pull your mates out in case things go bad.

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

Pottsey

Quote from: BigToof on June 26, 2012, 01:24:07 PM
Using battlesuits to "lock" in assaulting units and then pick them apart with counter assault is now entirely viable.
Just remember that overwatch (or whatever they are calling it) is just at BS1, so you're not getting that many wounds...
I'd advise throwing in hit and run for maximum effect to pull your mates out in case things go bad.

Best,
-BT
I was hoping a few wounds might go through even with BS1 as that

BlackPowderChocobo

If you use the XV9s, those will rock.  2 sets of TL-Burst Cannons.  I imagine that Tau will have an ability to improve Snap Shot BS, too, once the new Codex comes out (perhaps a new feature of the Target Lock?)
I'm sorry Tony the Yodelling Shetland Pony can't sing tonight.  He's a little hoarse.

Pottsey

While working on some 6th edition army lists I started to wonder what Decoy launcher will do, I wonder if they will FAQ them to something else as they no longer work. Giving a Fire warrior Shas

BlackPowderChocobo

Well it's fairly assumed that Tau is one of the next Xenos codices after Choas (Eldar the only other probable option, but Tau's been needing it more). 

Tau grenades have to be purchased by all models in a unit if I recall right; however, the ability to throw grenades really do make small Blackout Teams a more plausible option. 

Outside of Pinning, Carbines are all but useless for Firewarriors unless there's a new benefit for assault weapons. 

I also like the fact that Disruption Pod's will grant a better cover save than most other models get and will always have a 5+ now. 

I'm sorry Tony the Yodelling Shetland Pony can't sing tonight.  He's a little hoarse.

Pottsey

Quote from: BlackPowderChocobo on June 26, 2012, 07:36:24 PM
Tau grenades have to be purchased by all models in a unit if I recall right; however, the ability to throw grenades really do make small Blackout Teams a more plausible option.
It seems to be photons have to be purchased by all models but those 20points sergeants (Shas

Narric

Can I point out, that if this is 100% true, that Farsight, purely by being a JP-JI, has had a serious buff.

Ok, his other aspects are going to be up for debate in the coming months, but I10 Monstrous Creature Attacks, coming from a Tau army? Tell me that doesn't sound weird? Awesome, but weird.

Pottsey

Quote from: Narric on June 26, 2012, 08:14:28 PM
Can I point out, that if this is 100% true, that Farsight, purely by being a JP-JI, has had a serious buff.

Ok, his other aspects are going to be up for debate in the coming months, but I10 Monstrous Creature Attacks, coming from a Tau army? Tell me that doesn't sound weird? Awesome, but weird.
It can get better; if lucky it

InsaneTD

Farsight doesn't count as an MC in the current codex. Which is a shame as that was great in the old codex.

Carrelio

So before this leads anyone else astray... Tau are not the combat monsters were had hoped.  They were errataed to be infantry (jetpack), not jump infantry (jetpack), meaning no hammer of wrath special rule, which means no I10 attack on the charge.  But at least we can still J-S-J?  Now at 2d6!

Narric

Quote from: Tybalt Defet on July 02, 2012, 01:23:13 AM
Farsight doesn't count as an MC in the current codex. Which is a shame as that was great in the old codex.
Read the rules for his Dawn Blade, then compare it to Monstrous Creature attack rules from 5th ed. He had the equivalent to MC attacks, probably worded a little differently though.

Without the new rule book in front of me though, I don't know if it is still the case now.