News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Orks Online! [RP Signup and OOC Discussion/Questions]

Started by BigToof, December 07, 2012, 12:28:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigToof

ORk ROLEPLAYING!!!

The Fall of Deneb Prime:
--------------------------
This game rotates around a large Ork Rokk that has rather unfortunately exited the Warp near the peaceful, lightly-defended world of Deneb Prime and then made err... Rokk-fall by smashing into the surface.

99.9% of the Orks have died, including Warboss Skullsplitta.

The Orks that are left (including YOU) must deal with the fact that they are on a new planet, with no leadership amongst themselves, with whatever gear they have and can scrounge up.  Humans are everywhere and fighting is dead certain.

In other words: FUN for any greenskin.

If you would like to play, simply respond to this post and, if possible, say which class you'd like to play.

Later, create a character using the rules below.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Lord Zambia and I will be the GMs on this one, and we will do our best to make this an enjoyable and wholesomely destructive bit of awesomeness for you all to enjoy.

Best,
-BT

-----------------------

Character Creation:
You have 55 points to make your character.  All checks are made with 3d6, modified for difficulty.  Maximum of 20, Minimum of 5.  All rolls of 18 auto-fail.  All rolls of 3 auto-succeed.  The average Boy will have Stats of 10 across the board.

Ex:
'Ardness:
Grot: 5
Boy: 10
Nob: 15

Stats:
'Ard-ness (A)
Natural strength, toughness and endurance. Contributes to damage it can deal (with melee) and take. Nobz hit 'arder than a regular boy, and are 'arder to take down. It also dictates how much gear you can carry.  For every 5 points, you can carry 1 big piece (i.e. Shoota or Rokkit Launcher) or 2 small pieces (i.e. Slugga, Choppa, Stikkbomb).

Krumpin' (K)
How skilled an ork is in melee. Nobs would utilise ardness and krumpin, whereas a kommando would use cunnin and krumpin. This would be related to different types of attacks. For example - a nob who has low cunnin but high strength and melee skill would be great in a gladiator-style fight, but wouldn't be ideal to sucessfully perform a silent knife-takedown. A Kommando would be much better because of the higher cunning score.

Shootin' (S)
Basically shooting skills in all weapons (basically point and maybe aim) and can also be used to judge how focused an ork can be at something not directly related to another ability

Cunnin' (C)
How sneaky and underhanded the Ork is. Also indicates agility, as well as skills of bluff/intimidate and insight.  Meks use this to make things.  Kommandos use this for their sneaky business.

Luck (L)
For everything else and also to see how horrible things happen to the Orks/their opponents.  The GM may dictate a roll to see how things will turn out if you're in a touchy situation (i.e. falling out of a Chimera).  If it's good, then your situation improves somewhat (i.e. you catch the hatch of the Chimera you're falling out of).  If not, then things get worse (i.e. you catch the end of the multilaser...)  A lot of the less stable Ork gear also needs Luck rolls.  Higher in Weirdboyz and Stormboyz (aka Natural Selection). 

------------------

Classes:

Your Class gets you one piece of signiture gear (i.e. Mek's tools, Dok's tools, Deffgun, Tankhammer/Tankbuster Bombs, Rokkit Pack, Mega-Armor).  You also get all the skills that go with the class (i.e. Meks make things, Painboyz heal Orkz, etc).  If you want to try a skill that you're not really good at (i.e. a Mek wants to sneak by a sentry), you have to make a skill check at a penalty.  You CAN always try though, even if you have no idea what you're doing.  All classes have a stat requirement of some sort.

Mega-Armor Nob
Requirements: 'Ardness 15
Your signiture gear is Mega-Armor, which is nigh-invulnerable in terms of damage reduction.  Also a power klaw, which is perhaps the most damaging and slow of Ork weapons, and a twin-linked Shoota.  It needs Fuel to run, and sometimes you might fall over, but otherwise you're good to go!

Kommando
Requirements: Cunnin' 15
Your signiture gear is Kommando Gear, which includes rope, garrottes, blade-darkening paint, disguises and all that sort of sneaky stuff.  You start with a Choppa and Slugga.

Loota
Requirements: Shootin' 15
Your signiture gear is a Deffgun, which is a teeth-ratting large gun that you can barely tote around, but is one of the most dangerous weapons available.  Like a lot of Ork gear, it requires a Luck roll to see how much Dakka is coming out.  You also start with Extra Ammo.

Mek
Requirements: Cunnin' 15
Your signiture gear is Mek's Tools, which let you build/modify nearly anything given the parts.  Cunnin' rolls will determine if you succeed or fail.  Much of what you build will need a luck roll when it operates to see how well it works.  You also start with either a Kustom Mega-Blaster or Burna.  Note that the KMB needs a luck roll, the Burna... not so much, but it needs Fuel.

Painboy
Requirements: 'Ardness 12, Cunnin' 12
Your signiture gear is Dok's Tools, which allow you to heal yourself or your mates in the fight or afterwords.  Doks can also try to "improve" Orks temporarily through "fightin' juice" or the like, but that will need a luck roll (from the recepient!)
Unlike a Mek, the Painboy is more about getting in and getting your hands dirty.  Bitz go here and there.  You can start with an 'Urty Syringe (poisoned weapon) or Big Choppa.

Stormboy
Requirements: 'Ardness 12, Luck 12
Your signiture gear is Rokkit Pack, which lets you fly through the air like... like an Ork with a Rokkit strapped to his back.  It lets you hit first, hit hard, and only probably injure yourself.  Your pack needs Luck when you start it and also needs Fuel to run.  You also start with a Slugga and Choppa.

Tankbusta
Requirements: 'Ardness 12 and either Krumpin' 12 or Shootin' 12
Tankbustas are a strange mix of both shootin' and krumpin'.
Your choice of signiture gear is either a Rokkit Launcher with a pack of rokkits or Tankhammer.  Your skills all involve making large things blow up.  Needless to say, your weapons are unwholesomely damaging to vehicles and occasionally to yourself as well.  You also start with 2 Tankbusta Bombs.

Weirdboy
Requirements: Luck 15
Your signiture gear is your Weirdboy Staff.  It's usually just a big stick, but when charged up with WAARGH! energy it can cut through near anything.  To summon your powers, you will need to roll on Luck.  Powers will be added later, but trust me, most are destructive, some are supportive and all are fun.

Flyboy
Requirements: Shootin 12, Luck 12
Flyboyz start with no signiture gear, but are the only ones who can fly Deffkoptas and bigger jets with any skill.  They start with either a shoota or a slugga and choppa.

--------------------------

Combat AKA How to Hurt and Be Hurt:

Initiative AKA Who goes First?
Rokkit Pack Stormboyz always go first.
Then goes the mate with the highest Cunnin' on down to the mate with the Power Klaw (always dead last, but hits the hardest!)

Melee:
Roll Krumpin' (K), if you hit great!
Roll either 'Ardness (A) or Cunnin' (C) to injure your opponent.  The more you make it by, the more horrific damage you do to your opponent and you increase the damage chart on your opponent by 1.  If you make your roll by 5, it ups the damage chart by 2 instead of 1.  Tankhammers and Big Choppas automatically increase the chart by 2.  Power Klaws increase the damage by 3 (usually to Mostly Dead).

Shootin:
Roll Shootin'.  Your gun does a set level of damage.  Sluggas up the chart by 1, Shootas and Burnas by 2, Kustom Mega-Blasters, Rokkit Launchers and Deffguns by 3.

Being Hit/Hurt:
Orks are luckily really resistant to damage, as such, the damage levels are really simple:

OK
Hurt
Maimed
Mostly Dead

If you are hit, you can roll 'Ardness or Cunnin to resist the damage (plus or minus difficulties based on the weapon and your armor).  If you succeed, great!  No damage.  If you fail, then you go up one level.

Hurt has no penalties.  Maimed means you're probably missing limbs, so you might be slowed down some or not shoot/fight as well.  Mostly dead, means you can still talk, but doing much besides crawling around is going to be difficult.

Painboyz can fix up Orks in combat.

Orks, if left alone long enough, will heal their own wounds, so after any big fight, you can just wait and you'll be OK soon enough.

Note that humans, Eldar, and other such fiddly races don't have such luxury of injury and as such, you will probably squish them dead the first time you hit them.

Teamwork:
Remember that unlike Humans, Orks work as a team once a leader is established, and given your situation, nobody will rebel or backstab.  Things will need you to work together.

Theme:
This game is going to be very cinematic and tongue-in-cheek.  Physical comedy, baffoonery and general logic-bending will happen, especially if the Meks and Weirdboyz are involved.  Rule of cool is definitely in play here, and you should be able to laugh at your character and the shenanigans of others.  Pretty horrible things will undoubtedly come to the things that encounter the Orks, so brutal depictions can and probably will arise.  So... no squeamish players, please.
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

The Man They Call Jayne

Oooh this sounds fun, and I'm always up for an RP.

Ok, I'll take weirdboy. Sounds like a laugh.

So I HAVE to have a minimum of 15 points of Luck leaving me 40 points to build up the other stats correct?

Will using an offensive power count as Shootin' or are powers just beased on Luck no matter what?
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Railgun Convention

I'm gonna go with a Flyboy, because why the hell not.
So how many crashes have I survived now?

InsaneTD

Sogood. I'm tempted by a couple classes. I'll have a think and post my decision later. :P

The Man They Call Jayne

Ok, Lets see if I got this right.

Weirdboy  'Edbusta

Luck       17
Shootin'   7
Krumpin'   8
Cunnin'      10   
'Ardness   13

Gear - Weirdboy Pole.

A pole that 'Edbusta found after a battle against some fish 'eads. He has no idea what it was, only that it was all sparky and it tingled when he grabbed it. He decided to take that as an omen from Gork (or possibly Mork) that he was supposed to 'ave it for himself. He thinks it's proper orky though, as it can stick itself to the metal walls of his hut for reasons he doesn't fully understand.

He has since decorated the pole with various totems, and some extra stabby bits, coz' you never know when someone might need a good 'ard jabbin' to keep them in line and away from your teef an' sparky pole.

My idea is that 'Ed managed to loot a Broadside after it had been destroyed and found one of the rails from it's Railgun on the floor next to it. Rather than getting a huge shock from touching such a highly charged bit o' shiny, he took it as a sign and decided to keep it as his Pole. It's also kinda magnetic. It's not any better than a normal Pole, other than it's his and he thinks its better, coz them fish 'eads is well clever wiv shootas and stuff, so it must make a really good Pole!
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Ravager Zero

Hmm, this looks like fun.

I think I'll take a Tankbusta. With Tankhammer, of course. ;)

I'll edit in stats later.

EDIT: Stats

Gorksal da Wagonmangla

'Ardness: 14
Krumpin: 16
Shootin': 8
Cunnin': 5
Luck: 12

Equipment:
Tankhamma Speshul (Big). While not any more effective than a regular tankhammer, Gorksal believes dat if he remembers to put da rokkit in da right way round, den swings it good an 'ard, it'll blow up any wagon it hits.
'otload Slugga (Small). A slugga with a Mek kustom job. Exactly 'ow it got that way 'e's not telling, but it seems surprisingly effective at cutting through light armour. Suspiciously so.
Choppa-matic two fousand (Small). A chain-saw type choppa augmented with Gorksal's own teef
Rav's Awesome Card Counter: +2

Quote from: Kane
...and whipped cream, a bottle of baileys, seven pairs of non-matching shoes, a combine harvester, a box of matches, and three indie rock bands drunk off their skull is technically acceptable on private property.

InsaneTD

Ok, I've decided on the.character I'd like, but I actually want something a bit special. I haven't come up with a name yet and if he doesn't get approved, I'll come up with something else.

For now, character background!

Tankbustad was always a bit wierd, he never fit in with any of the other boyz, he was longing for somefing. What he didn't know, he just wasn't orky enough as he thought it. One day, he was told his gang was gonna be working with a big mek to  attak a 'Uumie group of vehicles. In his own words he; "Boom'd 'ore buggys aye 'an count, then wierd flying 'Uumies landed. deys killed lotz o' boyz befote dey died. One of the meks mumbled about doing it better. Ever 'it' was. A while lader, a mek asked for vooluenteers. da boss sent me. Da mek strapped dis odd device to me back and told me to.turn it on. Dat is how I came a stormboy."

Basicly, I want a stormboy with a tankhammer.

Wargamer

Dibs on the Mek! I'll roll him up later. ;)
I wrote a novel - Dreamscape: The Wanderer.. Available in paperback and pdf.

Quote from: Liberate the Warhammers
People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

Naser Al-Istikhara Cyrus

Tankbustad was always a bit wierd, he never fit in with any of the other boyz, he was longing for somefing. What he didn't know, he just wasn't orky enough as he thought it. One day, he was told his gang was gonna be working with a big mek to  attak a 'Uumie group of vehicles. In his own words he; "Boom'd 'ore buggys aye 'an count, then wierd flying 'Uumies landed. deys killed lotz o' boyz befote dey died. One of the meks mumbled about doing it better. Ever 'it' was. A while lader, a mek asked for vooluenteers. da boss sent me. Da mek strapped dis odd device to me back and told me to.turn it on. Dat is how I came a stormboy.

I don't know what you know
Quote from: Tybalt Defet on December 07, 2012, 07:30:53 AM
Ok, I've decided on the.character I'd like, but I actually want something a bit special. I haven't come up with a name yet and if he doesn't get approved, I'll come up with something else.

For now, character background!

Tankbustad was always a bit wierd, he never fit in with any of the other boyz, he was longing for somefing. What he didn't know, he just wasn't orky enough as he thought it. One day, he was told his gang was gonna be working with a big mek to  attak a 'Uumie group of vehicles. In his own words he; "Boom'd 'ore buggys aye 'an count, then wierd flying 'Uumies landed. deys killed lotz o' boyz befote dey died. One of the meks mumbled about doing it better. Ever 'it' was. A while lader, a mek asked for vooluenteers. da boss sent me. Da mek strapped dis odd device to me back and told me to.turn it on. Dat is how I came a stormboy."

Basicly, I want a stormboy with a tankhammer.

I dont know what you know about stormboys, but they are the most disciplined in the ork armies. One is not a stormboy simply because of a rokkit pack. I do however like that you're putting thought and uniqueness into your character however - and in survivalist circumstances it is possible that a stormboy might find it handy to use a tankhamma. BigToof is pretty good with producing convincing justifications for unique character types, so I reckon if you send him a PM he'll find a way to ensure that you play the character you want  in this RP without anyone else questioning the plausibility of it :)

So Currently we have:

Weirdboy
Flyboy
Tankbusta
Stormboy (with tankhammer???)
Mek

So far, there are 4 classes left: Painboy, Kommando, MAN and Loota. I don't know if BT wants all classes to be taken, we may start with 1 or 2 more. He'll keep you posted more on that :)

If you have any questions on the RP, feel free to PM Bigtoof and/or myself.

Zambia
Quote from: Narric on August 15, 2011, 12:09:07 AM
You make it sound like it could be wearing a top-hat and monocle, but for the sole reason it'd have been painted by Gareth that it would still look terrifying........I have to say I agree. XD
Quote from: Greg Mun

Will's on Fire

Dibs on Kommando!

Zaagbiltz

Luck         11
Shootin'    6
Krumpin'   12
Cunnin'     16   
'Ardness   10

Choppa's: Gitstabber and Gutrencha

After popping from his spore Zaagbiltz was always a bit sneaker. Zaag grew up slittin' the throats of kommandos until he was accepted. Zaag is now cuttin' the throats of anything that cheeks him.  His choppas never leave his side. Unless thrown to kill.

"Zaag 'ere, I earz ya got stuff ta kill? Suits me jus' fine."

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh! :P

Mabbz

Quote from: Wargamer on December 07, 2012, 08:33:04 AM
Dibs on the Mek! I'll roll him up later. ;)
DAMN IT!

Fine, I'll take what I seem to have a lot in RPs... The healer.

Painboy Ducktape
A: 13
K: 9
S: 4
C: 16
L: 3

Gear: 'Urty syringe

When the rokk crashed, Ducktape actually lost both of his legs. Fortunately there were plenty of donors nearby. He has a tendency to think of others as piles of spare parts for himself.

Wargamer

Just a thought about Orks "working together"... sure that will only apply as long as there is a bigger Ork to boss us around? This reminds me somewhat of GorkaMorka, where the moment any Ork gained a higher Leadership value than your Nob he challenged said Nob for leadership of the warband.

I for one suggest we all get into the Orky spirit on this, and choose the party leader by comparing our 'Ardness scores and making the 'Ardest (and thus biggest) Ork the leader. Bonus points apply if said Ork is clearly not leadership material. :P

Right, now for my character.

Grotbolt Zzapsnag, Mekaniac and Spanna-Boy Extera Extroid The Really Impressive!

'Ard-ness: 11
[2 big / 4 small]

Krumpin': 7

Shootin': 12

Cunnin': 16

Luck: 9

Equipment:
Big: Kustom "Mek's Speshul" Shoota with Red Bullets (dey get to the target fasta!), a Hoojimafig and a really, really snazzy paint job. Like, super amazingly awesome paint job! The kind of paint job that makes you go "Wow! Whoever owns a shoota like dat has got to be a big Nob and no mistake!"

Big: Mek Toolkit. Contains everything a Mek might need to do Mek things; spanners, 'ammers, a funny bit of coiled metal that climbs down stairs on its own, a can of squig fungus beer that was left over at a party and was quickly shoved in the bag to take home. The usual.

Backstory:
Right, so the thing is, right, that the reason we crashed is that someone - not me, one of the other Meks who think they're so great just because they built a 'Space Enjun' - made a right cockup, see? From what I can tell someone connected the Doodahs to the Wossnames when they should be connected to the Thingamabobs and the Wossnames go with the zappy-cracklies, only the zappy-cracklies were wired to the Powa-Routa, which is a disaster on account of you gotta' wire crackly-zappies to the Powa-Routa. But they did that and so they reversed the polarity, and you don't reverse a polarity! Ever! Nothing good ever happens, except that one time a Grot got sucked in and exploded and stuff. That was awesome! But apart from that one time, and the other three times Grots exploded, nothing good ever happens from plugging the zappy-cracklies into the Powa-Routa.

So what happens next is we have a bit of an argy-bargy with Gravy-Tea, and because nobody built our Rokk the right way (ie: the way I wanted to) we lost and had a bit of a fall. Now, I can fix this, but I just need a few parts. And some metal. About... a Metric Zogload of metal. An Imperial Zogload will do, but I might have to fudge it a bit. Oh, and I'll need lotsa Go-juice, a buggery-huge load o' wires, some string (four inches - really, really important it's exactly four inches!), a copy of Squigs Gone Wild, a box of tissues and twenty minutes behind the Trukk shed. If possible, about a hundred Grots to do all the actual work as well. That'd be grand.

You know what, maybe I should just come with you lot and make sure you get the right parts...
I wrote a novel - Dreamscape: The Wanderer.. Available in paperback and pdf.

Quote from: Liberate the Warhammers
People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

Railgun Convention

Flyboy Lurtz,

'Arrdness: 10
Krumpin': 8
Shootin': 16
Luck: 16

Equipment:
Really Big Shoota (Probably takes up both slots!): It's stupidly huge! Obviously dis Ork 'as a lotta teef! (May or may not be a Supa-Shoota he ripped off his busted plane)

Lurtz was originally a member of one of this Waaagh's Kults of Speeeeed. When its meks finally got the hang of making flyin' stuff that didn't explode when you pressed the wrong button (of which Lurtz was on the receiving end of several!), Lurtz had his very own Supa-fast winged engine. It didn't last long, though - soon thereafter, the Rok crashed, wrecking the plane. If Lurtz knew what gravity was, he'd be trying to beat it into submission right now, but as he doesn't he's instead focussed on stealing someone else's plane.
So how many crashes have I survived now?

Naser Al-Istikhara Cyrus

Quote from: Wargamer on December 07, 2012, 11:45:44 AM
Just a thought about Orks "working together"... sure that will only apply as long as there is a bigger Ork to boss us around? This reminds me somewhat of GorkaMorka, where the moment any Ork gained a higher Leadership value than your Nob he challenged said Nob for leadership of the warband.

I for one suggest we all get into the Orky spirit on this, and choose the party leader by comparing our 'Ardness scores and making the 'Ardest (and thus biggest) Ork the leader. Bonus points apply if said Ork is clearly not leadership material. :P

I believe this is bound to be one of the possible entertaining moments in the beginning of the RP. BT and I are very eager to watch how a mob of orks denotes said leadership. So I reckon instead of agreeing to something pre-game - work it out in the RP? :P
Quote from: Narric on August 15, 2011, 12:09:07 AM
You make it sound like it could be wearing a top-hat and monocle, but for the sole reason it'd have been painted by Gareth that it would still look terrifying........I have to say I agree. XD
Quote from: Greg Mun

BigToof

Holy Moley!

Wow, this is a great series of responses!

Ok, so let me do a quick Lineup:

------------------
Weirdboy  'Edbusta (Jayne)

Luck       17
Shootin'   7
Krumpin'   8
Cunnin'      10   
'Ardness   13

--------------------

Zaagbiltz (Will)

Luck         11
Shootin'    6
Krumpin'   12
Cunnin'     16   
'Ardness   10

Choppa's: Gitstabber and Gutrecncha

--------------------

Painboy Ducktape (Mabbz)
A: 13
K: 9
S: 4
C: 16
L: 3

Gear: 'Urty syringe

--------------------

Grotbolt Zzapsnag, Mekaniac and Spanna-Boy Extera Extroid The Really Impressive! (Wargamer)

'Ard-ness: 11
[2 big / 4 small]
Krumpin': 7
Shootin': 12
Cunnin': 16
Luck: 9

------------------
Flyboy Lurtz (RC)

'Arrdness: 10
Krumpin': 8
Shootin': 16
Luck: 16

---------------

Tankbustad (TD)

Stats pending

---------------

Unnamed Tankbusta (RZ)

Stats pending

-------------------

It's a pretty solid lineup so far!

I'll let the thread go for a bit more to see if we have any stragglers, but I was shooting for six or so.  Good to see things fill up so quick!

As for the Tankhammers, just to let you all know, we're making the mechanic so that if you use your Tankhammer, you need a Rokkit.  You start with a Rokkit on your Tankhammer, and you can get spares, but otherwise you'll have to scrounge or ask the Mek.

As for who's going to be in charge, 'Ardness certainly sounds like an option.

Of course, then... uh...

(flips through character list)

Then that means either the...

The PAINBOY (oi, we ain't done wif da surgery yet!) or the WEIRDBOY (oh, heavens!) will be in charge.

Uh... I'm ok with it either way, but we can do it in RP depending on what the last two characters come out to be.

I'll be working on the Weirdboy powers in the meantime and they should be up later.

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3