News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Narric's 40k Art Project Log - The Daily Picture Saga

Started by Narric, January 13, 2013, 09:08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narric

Figured I should do this, as will help me get motivated to complete the work. I emphasize the word "Hopefully" :P

Currently I just have Space Marine related artwork. Mostly my own chapter(s).

My most recent piece I've started:
Spears of Mawdryn, Druid of the Stave (Librarian)
Spoiler
I started this becuase I like the imagery that came to me whilst reading Headologists fluff for the Spears of Mawdryn.
If you want more info on the Spears of Mawdryn, check out Headologists Blog here: [link]

"The Forgotten," Assault Captain Gariel
Spoiler
Based on one of my models for my "Forgotten" army. Annoyingly, I lost his Lightning Claw DX He was made with the main body of the AoBR Captain.

Army Artwork - The Forgotten
Spoiler
An art piece I just haven't yet done more work with. I do want to finish it, but just never seem to find the commitment for it. The guy in the foreground is a Captain, but commands the Chapter due to not being able to contact the Chapter Master.

Warhammer Transformer - Baal Predator
Spoiler
This was originally going to be a contest piece for the art group Chapter Approved on DA, but after a freak save failure, I lost drive to work on it. Its supposed to be a Baqal Predator Transformer. I'm not sure how well that comes across. This piece was what this thread was about: [link]

Duel - Kraven vs Space Wolf
Spoiler
An old sketch from last year I haven't started working on. Kraven ( a Fallen Dark Angel Character of mine) is literally punching the face off a Space Wolf :P

So we'll see how this Pro-log goes. Hopefully I'll get some drive to finish these works.

Thantos

Looks promising! Would like to see the finished chaplain :D Love chaplains.

Is it a photoshop jobby? Using a graphics tablet?

Narric

I use Paint Tool SAI for my Digital art. And my Graphics Tablet is a Trust Widescreen Mini. Oddly enough, I keep hearing people having a hard time with Trust Tablets, but mine works fine :P

Not sure what you're talking about "Chaplains" for, as the top pic is of a Librarian :P

Thantos

QuoteAssault Captain Gariel
:( I think im reading what i want to read
QuoteAssault Chaplain Gariel
Better? :D

Never used a trust. Im a wacom man, would kill for a cintaq  :P

Narric

Quote from: Thantos on January 14, 2013, 09:39:05 PM
QuoteAssault Captain Gariel
:( I think im reading what i want to read
QuoteAssault Chaplain Gariel
Better? :D

Never used a trust. Im a wacom man, would kill for a cintaq  :P
And the image wasn't a clue? :P

My Girlfriend uses a Wacom Bamboo. I just won't replace mine until my Trust breaks down :P

LinnScarlett

Quote from: Narric of 4th Sphere on January 14, 2013, 09:45:18 PM
My Girlfriend uses a Wacom Bamboo. I just won't replace mine until my Trust breaks down :P

I use that one too, I just need to scrape up the balls to give the digi-art another try. Although now that I have line-art of Emps I should... Especially after a friend bought me ArtRage Pro 3... I really need to sit down and teach myself how to sketch digitally, I always sketch by hand, and then scan them, and then wind up colouring them with my trusty copics after all. XD

ANYWAY, your sketches look great, I think! I'd love to see the Librarian complete too, and the dual looks very interesting dynamically.
I need more time to do the Emperor's work!

You can read my stuff on 2S's Fluff and Stories.

Or, you can come visit my author page on Archive of Our Own. WARNING: NC-17

Narric

Knew I had one of these. :)

Started a piece based on a model I plan to do soon-ish :P A Tzeentch Chaos Lord/Sorceror

Spoiler

Got some anatomy errors to fix, then I'll be scanning proper and lining digitally.

Should be fun.

Hospital is Fun

These look pretty good mate, especially the Assault Captain. I'd like to see more progress on him and the Tzeentch Lord/Sorcerer.

Narric

Honestly orgot about the art in the OP :P

They're old files which I haven't worked on in ages. I'll see about digging them up. Another difficulty is my Graphics Tablet no longer works. :P

Hospital is Fun

Quote from: Narric on January 26, 2014, 10:21:42 PM
Honestly orgot about the art in the OP :P

They're old files which I haven't worked on in ages. I'll see about digging them up. Another difficulty is my Graphics Tablet no longer works. :P

That's grim! I had a Bamboo but no idea where it's gone so I've just ordered a new Wacom.

Narric

Something new. Done in 15mins before my shift today. I will be honest, this was inspired by the fact I know what Thantos looks like in real life, and I'm pretty sure the girls fall at his feet :P Add to that, he's a Chaplain, and I give you.....

Spoiler
Chaplain Senpai

Might digitally line-art it. Might not. I'm going to try for a picture a day that is Wargame related. I've got an idea for something for Bigtoof to do tomorrow :P

Thantos

Haha thats brilliant :P Developed final fantasy hair it seems!
Speed sketching is the way to go to improve artistically, keep it up mate ;D

Narric

I thought you still had FF hair :P Update youe LinkedIn dude XD

Definately have something for Bigtoof XD

Thantos

Oh linked in is quite recent ... perhaps i still do have FF hair :( lol

Dunno what BT looks like  :shifty: hmmm

Narric

I'm going more by the fact he's an Ork, been around a while, and always has a story to tell about a game he has had :P