News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

1850 Slaanesh/ Khorne Daemons vs Blood Angels

Started by Chicop76, May 17, 2013, 03:19:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chicop76

I pulled out my daemons before I had to go out of town. I wanted to try my bale grinder and a few other things. The game was quite interesting to say the least.

My army list:

Bloodthirster: Riftbringer, Blade of Blood
Herald of Khorne: The Portalglyph, Juggernaut, Axe of Khorne, Wrath
Herald of Slaanesh: steed, Greater Etherblade, Witstealer Sword, Beguilement
Herald of Slaanesh: Grimoire of True Names, Beguilement
18 daemonettes: Alluress: Greater Etherblade, Rap standard
18 daemonettes: Alluress: Greater Etherblade, Rap Standard
20 fleshhounds
Skullcannon
Skullcannon
Slaanesh Soulgrinder w/ bale

Vs

Libby: deviation, roll 3 dice for reserves
10 man assault marines 2x inferno pistol Sargent, 2 melta drop pod
10 man assault marines 2x inferno pistol Sargent, 2 melta drop pod
Furiosso with 2 flame weapons drop pod
Stormraven
10 man tactical squad lascannon flamer
10 man tactical squad lascannon ???
6 assult marines flamer 2x inferno pistol,
Priest
Priest
Aegis defense line w/lascannon
10 man tactical squad lascannon

He had 85 models,but that's all I remember. Power weapons was in his list, but what good are power weapons vs daemons lol.

We played Hammer and Anvil with Big guns may never tire with 3 objectives. He was able to get the deployment with both objectives, good for me since I get to march forward like I want too.

He decides to put his drop pod troops in reserves. I decided not to deep strike my grinder due to the lascannon with the aegis line. Due to the majority of his army was in reserve I went ahead and fielded every thing. I figure I can hopefully over whelm him before he gets his reinforcements on the board.

He decided to deploy and go first. I told him that would allow me to assault him in turn one. I was hoping to scare him to allow me to go first really. Anyway he didn't bite. He set up his line in front of the two objectives. He deployed his forces in the middle of the board and at the bottom.

Once he deployed I notice his left flank had only two squads and tx to terrain only two squads would be really able to shoot me if I attack from his left flank, so I deployed my entire army at the top of the board with my skullcannons at the bottom near the objective in my deployment.

Pregame thoughts: I was exicted about this game since I finally got rift bringer. I finally got that ability on my thirster. I pretty confident about the set up and feel I can easily end the game quick since he deployed on the edge of his deployment, awesome objective placement forced that.

I scout my hounds up staying up top and using terrain to block los.

Turn 1:

He deep striked behind my grinder and both cannons. Mental note to self should had not exposed rear armour. I am gussing he is pretty confident his line would hold to do something like that. I wouldn't had done what he did and deployed a good chunk of my army to deal wth the hounds. However bolt pistols really wouldn't helt, but the drop pods could had choked my advance rather easily. I still would had easily assaulted with the hounds, but my damoneets would have issues.

Anyway he didn't mishap at all and got all his meltas real close. He was able to kill a cannon, but thanks to good rolling on my part my grinder and other cannon made out alright. As a side note this guy was rolling really good which was annoying. on the bright side I was rolling equally good when it came to those invulnerable saves lol.

He poured all he had into my hounds killing 2.

I have bloodangels in front and in the back. The problem here is my other cannon have meltas up his butt as well as my grinder. I decided to advance my grinder and have my thirster work on riftbringer by killing some marines.

I gave my hounds a +3 invulnerable save and sent my grimoire squad to deal with the 2 5 man assault marines behind me.

I moved everything up and ran with everything else, go re rolling run rolls and +3".

My hounds multi assaulted losing extra attacks and their +1 strength bonus. In to 26 marines ranging from 3 differant squads. He overwatched which killed one hound. He challenged me which I killed his Sargent. He went first due to terrain. I killed 7 marines he put a wound on a hound.

My thirster gets challenged which easily slays his character. Thanks to good rolling I was able to deep strike 7 bloodlettters behind him, he didn't like that feeling to have hounds in front and letters in back.

My daemonettes easily killed the 5 man squad.

Turn 2:

His flyer comes in, but his walker fails to with a roll of 1,1,2 lol.

Forgot to mention last turn he was able to break two squads from combat which my hounds was able to consolidate.

His 5 man squad in my deployment and his two drop pods unload on my damonettes killing 3.

He fired on my poor letters killing 4.

This turn he was mainly moving back. He couldn't fire at my hounds, couldn't fire at my daemonettes due to terrain and my hounds in combat. If he assaulted the hounds than he would be assaulted possibly by my damonettes next turn.

He was trying to back up and hope for clear rapid fire shooting when his turn comes up.

My hounds managed to kill the one marine squad that decided to stay and consolidated to the two squads at the bottom near my 4 letters.

Thister kills 6 marines, but no more daemons.

Oh and his dumb flyer took out my cannon on my skullcannon.

On my turn I moved everything up.

I have my rear guard daemonettes assault the final five marines in my deployment which easily kills them.

My hounds muli-assault his 20 guys at the bottom. The hounds took the over watch fire and I lost one hound, while my 4 letters assaulted the other squad. I managed to kill a squad and about 5 marines and priest remained.

My daemonettes move and ran up. I'm positive in turn 3 thay can easily assault something.

My grinder fires at his flyer, go skyfire! I get a pen with a rend and bumbed his 5 into a 6. Dang plane almost hit my hounds.

My Thirster finished off the last 3 marines. As a reward I get 10 more bloodletters which deep strikes on one of the objectives.

Turn 3:

He gets his Furiosso in, and boy I guess it was mad since it blew away my 10 guys with it's two flamers dishing out 18 wounds :o.

At this point he continues to fall back. Due to terrain and combat he can't shoot anything.

My hounds fishing eating the other 5 marines and consolidate.

On my turn my soul grinder shot his Furiosso in the but Immobilizing it. I fly 24" and run 10" with my thirster which gets him almost to my enemies deployment line, boy he can cover some ground 34" in one turn.

At this point we had to call the game due to the store was closing.

He wanted to see if he won. I was like really. I can jump on the bottom objective anytime I want and if my turn continued I would had my hounds and daemonettes assault your remaming forces probably wiping out all but your drop pods and furious which would had died to the thirster via smash and hatred warlord trait.

Anyway I won anyway since I had my 4 letters jump on an objective and the bulk of my army is in his deployment zone.

The highlights of the game:

I think when my letter assaulted his 10 man early on he managed to roll 6s for two melta shots, which put a wound on my thirster.

I think the riftbringer ability was a big wtf. I got an additional 17 letters on the field. The extra letters cought him off guard and totally destroyed his line.

His Furiosso roasting my guys.

Overview:

He started out very aggressive than switch to running away and playing defensive. He was making good saves and good fnp rolls. I just had to many rending/ ap 2 wounding/ too many wounds to save against.

I personally felt he should had stayed in battle with my hounds and assaulted them with his whole army. He has furious charge for staters. I know he wanted to get rapid fire shots on my hounds, but he never had the opportunity. All his assault marines was dead, so I guess that's why he was trying to avoid combat.

I think the biggest mistake was deepstriking so close to my thirster with riftbringer after I explained what riftbringer did. In two game turns it gave me 17 extra troops. I could had gotten 2d6 extra. Also I understand why he chooses to challenge me, but it actually help me towards rift bringer due to allowing me to roll more to get more troops on the board.

Also I think he was being too greedy to try to take out the grinder. He should had focused on my two cannons and take them out, or focus on my grinder which was near my Thirster, which would had been a really bad ideal.

I would say however the many Sargent's that died to my khorne herald I lost count. I think he killed like 4-5 of them.

I would say bale hurt ed me this game and the cannon would had given me more options. In a way it was good that I did move up which gave me the opportunity to kill a flyer and immobilize his armor 13 vehicle, he should had pay attention to facing instead of trying to get max flame hits.

Even though he was out played he was still a good gamer. The spawning more models threw him off quite a bit. The portal never worked again for me and he faced Thai before.

BigToof

Riftbringer sounds evil, especially when paired with a Thirster!

I'm starting to think maybe the Bloodthirster is the best way to go, as the other Greater Daemons are just shut down too easily.

LoC fails versus Psyker defense, GUO is really slow and the Keeper is... sort of lukewarm compared to Thirster.

I haven't seen that many Skullcannons around.  Do you find them useful?

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

Chicop76

Quote from: BigToof on May 18, 2013, 04:56:11 PM
Riftbringer sounds evil, especially when paired with a Thirster!

I'm starting to think maybe the Bloodthirster is the best way to go, as the other Greater Daemons are just shut down too easily.

LoC fails versus Psyker defense, GUO is really slow and the Keeper is... sort of lukewarm compared to Thirster.

I haven't seen that many Skullcannons around.  Do you find them useful?

They are useful getting blown to hell. The problem is once I ignore cover and start blasting away units like pathfinders they get targeted hard.

I have yet to use or remember to use them for d-grenades. In this battle they did ignore fnp and helped kill his guys with +2 cover behind the barricade. The first turn of night fight makes them worth it to me.

Also against nurlge they are wonderful. What is shrouding lol.

I have also used the hammer of wrath attacks vs some vehicles. However I am in the dark if it hit rear or front armour.
Best,
-BT