News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Troops Contest [VOTING]

Started by Masked Thespian, August 07, 2012, 03:26:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Troops choice is the best painted?

Entry A
6 (31.6%)
Entry B
1 (5.3%)
Entry C
0 (0%)
Entry D
12 (63.2%)
Entry E
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: August 14, 2012, 03:26:20 PM

Masked Thespian

Okay guys.  Sorry about the delay.  I've had to redo the whole Voting Thread post due to our mini crash and, thanks to Sorck, I've managed to salvage the photos of the later entries (since the mini crash wiped out my PMs from that period too).

Since I've redone the thread, if you voted before then you will have to vote again (if you want to).  You'll all have 7 days from the moment I make this post, due to the delay.

So, without further ado, here is the Troops Contest Voting Thread.  Please vote for your number one choice and may the best entry win!

Entry A:

Entry B:

(hint: click on the pictures for larger versions)

Entry C:
Caption: "Forge World Death Guard"

Entry D:
Caption: White Templars Crusader Squad

Entry E:

Regards,
MT.
Quote from: Ravager Zero
Freaking mod-ninja. :P

Although, given that you're in Japan now, I suppose that's entirely legit. :shifty:

Cammerz

So I take it we aren't expecting the lost posts back then? Ah well, never mind.

I can't say which I've voted for but as soon as I saw it I knew I had no chance of winning this competition.

Masked Thespian

Quote from: Cammerz on August 07, 2012, 03:54:13 PM
So I take it we aren't expecting the lost posts back then? Ah well, never mind.

Now, now; I didn't say that.  Sorck's just been a little too busy to get things sorted out recently, so there's still a chance we can get them back, but I asked him specifically to help me with this so we could get Competitions back on track a bit quicker.
Regards,
MT.

Although, given that you're in Japan now, I suppose that's entirely legit. :shifty:

Narric

I think entry [censored] will win this hands-down.

Entry [censored] looks good, but parts of it really put me off.

Masked Thespian

Okay guys; you've got a little under 24 hours to vote if you haven't done so already!
Regards,
MT.

Walrus Man

A couple of good entries this time, I had a hard time deciding. Good luck to everyone who entered. :)
Steampunk Imperial Guard project log.

Walrus Man, Walrus Man, does what ever a walrus can!
[
url=http://secondsphere.org/index.php/topic,129134.0.html]Are you an Aussie and interested in going to an Official 2S Meet up? Then check out

Cammerz

Well its over, and clearly the best entry won (although as of yet I have no idea who painted it). And well done to everyone else who entered.

I can reveal that entry C was mine and it, quite rightly, did not get any votes against such strong competition.
I'll now go away and practice my painting skills, hopefully I'll come up with some models which are suitable for future competitions.

Will's on Fire

I can answer as to who painted that. At  guess anyway. Pretty sure it's Tom, it's his clean, well blended style, and also the colour scheme of his chapter. I would check by visiting the Project Logs, but his isn't there anymore. :P

For me it was between A and C for best. As for third I really wasn't sure who was going to take it, they rest I thought, were a level field.

Well done to all who entered! :D

- Will

Masked Thespian

And the winners are:

1st: Tom
2nd: Matt1785
3rd: Pilum

Congrats to all of our winners.  Seals, Contest Points, Karma Points (for all entrants), and Dice will be sent out whenever Thantos gets back from his trip to the hills.

If you haven't already, don't forget to check out our HQ and Elites contests.  We've only got a week to go for entries to our HQ contests, so if you fancy joining in you'd better get your skates on!
Regards,
MT.

Thantos

BACK! ;D Dice PMs incoming!

Some good entries indeed :P Entry C could simply do some baseing, which would raise the standard of the overall mini a lot. And entry D needs to tell me where those grass tufts are from. The GW ones? xD

Hope we get a good turnout for the other contests on at the moment! A lot of them give dice to the winners! :D

Will's on Fire

Quote from: Thantos on August 15, 2012, 06:00:40 PM
Some good entries indeed :P Entry C could simply do some baseing, which would raise the standard of the overall mini a lot. And entry D needs to tell me where those grass tufts are from. The GW ones? xD

If I had to take a guess, I'd say they were the Army Painter Grassland tufts. Obviously have to wait for Tom to see if I'm right. :P

- Will

Narric

My prediction was correct. :P

Congrats Tom, and good show to all the others that participated. :D

Tom

Thanks for the praise guys. I'm quite proud of these marines because of the number of new things I tried out on them, not least quick painting but you'd be able to see that sort of thing if I started my log again and kept going.
Quote from: Will Vas Fire on August 15, 2012, 04:10:51 PM
... also the colour scheme of his chapter. I would check by visiting the Project Logs, but his isn't there anymore. :P
Some bits of it survived but they ended up scattered in 'general 40k' and I couldn't find some parts at all so thought that as long as I have all the pictures of progress I really have most of the record of the project intact. I'll start the log up again when I start on some terminators that are undercoated and waiting 2nd in line behind a handful of Jetbikes with Shuriken cannons (for stripping hull points of course).

Quote from: Thantos on August 15, 2012, 06:00:40 PM
And entry D needs to tell me where those grass tufts are from. The GW ones? xD
Quote from: Will Vas Fire on August 15, 2012, 06:22:07 PM
If I had to take a guess, I'd say they were the Army Painter Grassland tufts. Obviously have to wait for Tom to see if I'm right. :P
Nearly right Will, they're the Army Painter Wasteland tufts, they're slightly thinner at the top than the usual ones and look a bit more dead which I thought was fitting for a sort of ashy brown base. I was very happy with how they turned out although they're more expensive than just regular static grass so I don't think I'm going to base any other armies like that.

Chicop76

Missed voting :(, but would had voted for D anyway.

Tempest Six Two

Nice Marines there Tom! Yeah, the Wasteland Tufts are really good for basing 40K minis, gives some more depth and texture to the base whilst keeping things suitably 'grimdark'.

Also really like the Imperial Fists (A), and I reckon that a couple of coats of Thraka Green and Devlan Mud (< or their new equivalents) would help it 'pop' a bit more as well as helping define all the different colours.

Still really annoyed I missed entering this comp though :(
My mini painting and terrain building blog- come check it out: http://tempest-terrain.blogspot.com/

[IMG]http://secondsphere.org/award.php?i=384&k=d2dd7e&m