News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Elites Contest [RULES]

Started by Masked Thespian, August 07, 2012, 04:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Masked Thespian

So, I kinda forgot that I needed to get this contest going at the start of the month.   :-[  I'll keep it running an extra week at the end of September to make up for it.

I also kinda had a brainfart and originally wrote this up as the Fast Attack Contest.  But that doesn't start until next month.  Whoops...   :-[  Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up, but in my defence it's 1.30am right now and I really do need to get to bed for work tomorrow.

Here's part 3 of our rebooted Competition Calendar! Check out the thread here for more information on current and upcoming contests!

Wherever the battle is thickest, a commander must choose to commit the most experienced troops at his disposal.  Whether they are extremely skilled, well armed, well armoured, or a combination of all three, they strike swift and true, leaving behind only corpses in their wake.  This contest is open to any Elites choice from a Warhammer 40,000 Codex.

Dates:

• Entries can be submitted via a PM to Masked Thespian from August 8th until September 31st.
  • Voting will take place between October 1st and October 7th.
  • Winners will be announced on the 8th of October.

Prizes:
1st Place - 10pts
2nd Place - 5pts
3rd Place - 2pts

(The top 3 all receive official 2S winners seals as well).

The winner of this contest will also be able to lay their grubby little mitts on a fantastic shiny set of Custom Second Sphere Dice:

Rules:

• The unit must be a legal Elites choice in a current edition 40k Codex;
    • Transport options, such as Rhinos or Mycetic Spores, may not be included;
    • Units that "count as" Elites though do not take up any actual slots are allowed in this contest;
  • Up to three pictures of your entry may be submitted;
  • Forgeworld models and Monstrous Creatures are accepted;
  • A caption or title of up to 10 words may be included as part of your entry;
  • Depending on response, entries may be divided by a panel of impartial judges into Master and Novice tiers for the purposes of voting;
  • The models may not have been entered in a previous contest;
    • Contests running at the time of the big crash are not considered to be previous contests for the purpose of this rule;
  • The models must be fully painted;
  • Photos of your entry may not exceed 800x600 pixels;
    • If your photos exceed 800x600 pixels then Contests HQ reserves the right to reduce them to an appropriate size.

Don't forget that our Troops Contest is now in its voting stage; head on over to the Voting Thread and cast your vote if you haven't done so already   ;)
Regards,
MT.
Quote from: Ravager Zero
Freaking mod-ninja. :P

Although, given that you're in Japan now, I suppose that's entirely legit. :shifty:

Will's on Fire

I am in for an elites choice. Now to finish the entry. :P

- Will

Matt1785

Hrm, I have an entry for all competitions... but I feel that they will begin to blend together here... and the theme will come through.  I have an elite choice for this but as stated, I need to get mine finished as well.

Tempest Six Two

With a new army in the build, i'll definately have a few options to choose from when submitting an entry.

So happy to see the contests back again, its been way too long!
My mini painting and terrain building blog- come check it out: http://tempest-terrain.blogspot.com/

[IMG]http://secondsphere.org/award.php?i=384&k=d2dd7e&m

Will's on Fire

Entered!

Lets see if I can do better than I did in the HQ comp. Probably not, but worth a try eh? :P

- Will

Narric

If the unit is GW, does it matter what parts are used?

Becuase I have a unit of SM Sternguard I can finish off, but they have a lot of noticable non-GW parts.

Wargamer

Maybe I can submit a model for this... if I can find one that isn't god-awful. :P
I wrote a novel - Dreamscape: The Wanderer.. Available in paperback and pdf.

Quote from: Liberate the Warhammers
People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

Tempest Six Two

Dammit, I need to concentrate on one thing... current army build has three Elite units in it... and they all rock. Choices suck sometimes...
My mini painting and terrain building blog- come check it out: http://tempest-terrain.blogspot.com/

[IMG]http://secondsphere.org/award.php?i=384&k=d2dd7e&m

Rej

I've got a unit to enter! Just needs to stop raining then I can take some sweet pictures.
Phew...

Tactical Genius

Ive got a unit i want to enter but i have never mastrred getting pictures onto the forum. im not very vood with computers. help anyone?
"OI, Close the skylight"
Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on Today at 08:10:48 PM
His fail is always spelling, and grammer. Verbally he has a fine grip of the queens English, but ask him to write it down and hes like Iron Man in a magnet factory.

Will's on Fire

Quote from: Tactical Genius on September 19, 2012, 12:31:54 PM
Ive got a unit i want to enter but i have never mastrred getting pictures onto the forum. im not very vood with computers. help anyone?

I'd recommend a photobucket account, there are a few other options but thats the one I'm most used to.

Use the Upload option on photobucket to put the images you want onto the account.

Make sure they are the right size, using the "resize" option photobucket offers on an image after it has been uploaded.

Then simply copy the [IMG] tagged URL and post them into a PM to Thespian.

- Will

Masked Thespian

Okay peeps; there are 11 days to go and I've only got three entries.  Three entries?  That's practically begging for you to enter and bag yourself a set of Second Sphere dice   ;)

While you're at it, don't forget to check out our new Fast Attack Contest thread   ;)
Regards,
MT.

Although, given that you're in Japan now, I suppose that's entirely legit. :shifty:

Narric

MT, I'm still wanting clarification of my question, which seems to have been ignored. I don't want to spend ages on a unit, just to have it decline for not looking like its from 40k.

Tom

Quote from: Masked Thespian on September 20, 2012, 06:16:11 PM
Okay peeps; there are 11 days to go and I've only got three entries.  Three entries?

I haven't even started my intended entry... I've been stuck with some Jetbikes for a couple of weeks.

Surely I'm not the only one who usually gets these done at the last minute though?

Masked Thespian

Quote from: Narric of 4th Sphere on September 14, 2012, 11:40:42 AM
If the unit is GW, does it matter what parts are used?

Becuase I have a unit of SM Sternguard I can finish off, but they have a lot of noticable non-GW parts.

Quote from: Narric of 4th Sphere on September 20, 2012, 06:43:11 PM
MT, I'm still wanting clarification of my question, which seems to have been ignored. I don't want to spend ages on a unit, just to have it decline for not looking like its from 40k.

Apologies for the delay in response.  I had noticed it previously but I must have glossed over it and forgot about it.  You have my most sincere apologies for that.

Seeing as I've kept you waiting, I'll allow it.  But only this time; I'll talk it over with the rest of Contests HQ for the purposes of future contests.  I don't want anyone saying, "Well, you let Narric do it for the Elites Contest," in the future; this is a specific exemption from any possible future rule regarding non-GW bits for this contest only.
Regards,
MT.