News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

The King's Court [Rules / Signup]

Started by Wargamer, August 06, 2013, 03:25:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mabbz

My character sheet has been updated to include a husband. All I need now is to write up a bio for my characters.

Quote from: Wargamer on August 07, 2013, 09:19:11 AM
Quote from: Mabbz on August 07, 2013, 12:32:05 AM
As a woman of the court, can I have a husband from the start or must I find one as part of the RP? Also, if I get one at the start should I roll anything for him?
Your character can start married. You can roll for him if you like - use the rules for creating a successor. He'll act as an NPC under my control though, unless he is seriously weak-willed and inept! :P
Well, he has a lower diplomacy than Lady Bethany, does that count as weak willed? Even if I can't directly control him I assume I can influence him with opposed diplomacy rolls.

InsaneTD

I'm thinking about joining still. do have one question, if I rolled up the first domain, would I be able to start a perfect to drain and improve it?

Wargamer

Quote from: Mabbz on August 07, 2013, 11:07:16 AM
Well, he has a lower diplomacy than Lady Bethany, does that count as weak willed? Even if I can't directly control him I assume I can influence him with opposed diplomacy rolls.
His stats don't make him weak-willed, but they do make him a terrible military commander. That's kind of unfortunate given his station. :P

And yes, you can indeed attempt an opposed diplomacy roll whenever he doesn't do what you want. That's the fun of being married! ;)

Quote from: Tybalt Defet on August 07, 2013, 12:33:35 PM
I'm thinking about joining still. do have one question, if I rolled up the first domain, would I be able to start a perfect to drain and improve it?
It's your land (assuming you play a class that owns it) so you can attempt to rework it as you see fit.
I wrote a novel - Dreamscape: The Wanderer.. Available in paperback and pdf.

Quote from: Liberate the Warhammers
People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

Mabbz

It is kind of amusing that his wife is the more compentent commander of the two.

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

name: Arthur Nash
Class: Ordered Knight
Order: Knights of the Westfold Pass

Born the second son of a farmer in the Western Marches, Alfred was always going to end up in the military in one fashion or another. It wasn't a law, it was just the way of it, the first sons inherited their father's trade, and the land that came with it. The second sons became soldiers to defend that trade. As a result of this Alfred was always playing "soldier" with others of his age in the village, and several of those who were older too. He was forever covered in cuts and bruises, but never backed down. That determination, combined with his natural speed resulted in him being chosen by the Knights at the age of 10 by the venerable Gwain Greyhelm when the local Orders came to collect any potential recruits. Over the next 5 years as a Page Alfred was taught everything he could learn about fighting, both with sword and bow, usually the hard way. At 15 he became a squire and then, at 19, he was elevated to the rank of Knight of the Order.

Alfred Nash Rolls here don't include modifiers, they're calculated below.

Combat: 11
Endurance: 9  (Includes +1 for Hard Worker)
Wounds: 12

Leadership: 5
Command: 11 
Diplomacy: 5    (all 3 include +1 for Leader of Men)

Reroll result (included above): Wounds

If I can reserve my averaging of a stat for my backup character I'll do that. If not I'll apply it to Leadership.

Trait rolls
Results: Racist, Leader of Men, Hard Worker.
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

Wargamer

The "average" cannot be carried over between characters I'm afraid. ;)

Also, do you have something in mind for your Order's general goals and ideologies? If not, I'll provide them.

People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Alright, I'll edit my Leadership to 5 then with that in mind. No sense losing out on it. :P

My Order are charged with defending the Westfold Pass, a mountainous pass between Atlia and (insert country name here). In the last war between the 2 countries the Knights of the Westfold Pass were a major influence in Atlia's victory and so they received some much needed interest, and of course funding, as a result as their fame had been fading throughout the realm prior to that. They're highly humanitarian, and will do everything they can to protect the people in their charge, but are sensible enough to draw the line at suicide missions. Those they can't save, they avenge.

So basically I'd like them to be fairly well equipped (as a result of the funding bonus) but lacking in top quality spare equipment as most of said funding went on repairs and replacements for gear that was too badly damaged to be fixed.

Mkoll wins.

[img]http

Mabbz

Once everyone that's going to join has joined, it might be a good idea to try and make a map of the country. Just so we can see who our closest neighbours are and the like.

Wargamer

Way ahead of you... but because I'm lazy I'm just going to paint over a map of Europe. :P

Oh, and Mabbz; what territory does your husband have? May want to roll for it. ;)

Mabbz

I did roll for it, it's all in my character post. Kovaria is apparently full of hills.

Wargamer

Mabbz

I was actually thinking of a map of Atlia, but this works too. Should we choose whereabouts our lands are? I'd like to be on the western edge of Gallica.

Eagle eye

i would like to be in roma just seems to suit a priest character

Wargamer

He could be from Roma if you like, though it may have side-effects. :P

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

*sigh* I apparently hail from the land of the Frogs. Could I, perhaps, have been drafted from across the Channel? Or at least more Germanic territory? :P

Mkoll wins.

[img]http